South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 05-15-2017, 07:08 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default South Beach Weekday chat, May 15-19

Good Morning!

I'm on the run but wishing everyone a great week! Kirk should be landing in Anchorage soon. I miss him already. Now I'm trying to get the house put back together so I can garden on my days off. I don't have to work Wednesday so I'm excited! Getting back on my stricter food plan, too. The scale already dropped this morning!

I have time for one more cup of coffee. I think I'll go enjoy it!

Last edited by Lexxiss; 05-15-2017 at 07:11 AM.
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 07:16 AM   #2  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Getting ready to head into work today, have a new employee starting. DD2 is trying out for color guard, tryouts start this evening. Other than that and getting back to stricter op eating as well nothing else on the agenda.

Have a great day everyone!
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 07:41 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Early Chicks. Had a busy but great weekend without too much scale damage and am focussing on keeping my life and my food in control this upcoming busy week.

In-laws dinner yesterday went well - being a minister, Bruce can talk to anyone and I discovered he can speak Dutch along with his other languages! Son Jim's in-laws were very impressed and even dug out some family heirlooms from Holland. (It certainly was a Family Day at Church since B's grown kids started referring to me as their "new Mom" - silly when they are in their late fifties.)

Off for coffee with the Monday group shortly and then to the foot doc for the usual treatment. She will not be pleased with the broken toe which is still painful despite being taped. It doesn't cramp my style for dancing or walking so ...

Finally we are going to get a sunny Spring day. We are serving creamed asparagus on toast for supper tonight. Want to join us? I may even make a small rhubarb crisp if I can harvest a few stalks from my flooded back garden.

Enjoy the day.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 07:49 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 226.6/173.4/154

Height: 5'6"

Good Monday Morning!

Ruth - my d is in Amsterdam as we speak, I'm sure she's loading up on souvenirs and gifts.

For mothers day hubby and I went to the local garden store and got some plants for the patio and some veggies and herbs. There really is nothing like a homegrown tomato right off the vine.

I seem to be resting on my laurels too much lately, and traveling makes it difficult as well as the weather getting warmer so we're out more and stop and eat out instead, etc. I'm hoping my heel is good enough to put back into the spin shoe so I can exercise today!
msgooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 08:33 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 225/214/160

Height: 5'5

Morning Chicks,

I hope you all had a great Mother's Day! I had a busy but fun weekend. Yesterday, we a First Communion, we had planned just to attend the church, but you know how is family, so we couldn't say no to the reception. I enjoyed a little bit of their food...loaded in carbs and no veggies except for onions and mushrooms, however, I did manage not to eat the cake.

DH is home today, so he takes the boys to school and I stay home enjoying a nice cup of coffee. We might go out for lunch, he is wanting to go a Mexican restaurant for a few weeks now, I am not a fan but I think I can just have their fajitas with out the tortillas. I don't have much in my agenda today, I just need to do some grocery shopping and cleaning and in the afternoon DS2 has swim team.

Ruth, I would love to join you for supper. Cream asparagus sound delicious. I'm also making Asparagus for dinner, but my kids are not fan of it and they will only eat them steamed. I will probably serve theirs with fish and rice and mine with fish and mushrooms. I hope everything goes well at the foot doctor.

Msgooch, I hope your are able to exercise today, but don't rush it, your foot really need to heal first.

Last edited by Muffin; 05-15-2017 at 08:39 AM.
Muffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 03:03 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 203/188/170

Height: 5'9"

Hi All. I'm a newbie to this site and am checking in to say hello and that I am on day 8 of Phase One. Trying to get back on track and the recipes I have found here are wonderful! I have done SB off and on for several years and must say it was getting a bit "stale" but now that I have found this site, I am motivated and able to try new things so my enthusiasm is high again. Thanks for this site and for going ahead of me and paving the way for success.
DrMarjie627 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 03:11 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Welcome DrMarjie627! Glad you found us! The recipe section is great. Checking in does help keep me focused. Hope you join us on a regular basis.

I got home late last night and am trying to get prepared to go back to work tomorrow. Tonight I plan to read every post I missed.
jekel383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 05:41 PM   #8  

Height: 5' 5"

Good evening, chicks.

Just a quick check in. A busy day at work and I have some paperwork to do tonight.

I'm also getting re-focused after some Mother's Day splurges. Hoping to see the scale shift back down. I got a fitbit for my MD present and need to study the manual tonight.
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 06:55 AM   #9  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning from beautiful Delta where the birds are singing madly and the sun is lighting up my waterlogged tulips. (We also have those darned little black flies aka no-see-ums but they'll be gone soon to be followed by mosquitoes which will be replaced by deer flies and wasps as the summer goes on. We forget about those pests when we look forward to this season.)

I need to get refocused too, Neighbour Beth. My life always was a bit crazy but has become much worse lately! The summer folk are arriving for the season and now know Bruce and I are getting married. We could eat out for dinner almost every night. Weightwise, I can only focus on doing my best and holding the line.

The Mill opens this weekend which is also our Victoria Day holiday. We are having a quilting biddies bake sale Saturday but I am making a cash donation instead of baking all day Friday since that is the day my sister will be here to help me prep for the conversion of my studio into the master bedroom for my new married life. I have way too much to get done and all of it seems necessary. Don't worry if I'm not in here daily!

Another coffee is next and then I start sending out instructions for submissions to Delta Fair which is not until the end of July.

"The sleep and the silence are over" and the season is underway!

Have a good day.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 07:17 AM   #10  

Good morning!

Welcome DrMarjie - glad to have you along. I bought all the sbd cookbooks, googled everywhere and found a bunch of recipes we're genuinely happy to eat, not just feeling like it's diet food. It made all the difference!

Beth - which fitbit do you have? I have the charge 2. I suggest not only putting the app on your phone, but signing in online as well as it gives you a lot more details.

We're still planting everything we bought for Mother's Day. We're doing all containers as we have so much wildlife a garden wouldn't last long. I even bought a strawberry plant in a container, which an extra container to stick the "daughter's" in and get more going. My dad my a strawberry garden while I was growing up and I haven't ever grown them. So we have tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers and tons and tons of herbs. It just kills me to pay for herbs in the winter.

I'm going for an hour long spin class this morning. I figured out I don't have to absolutely kill myself on it - I tend to want to push to the max when I exercise, I'm learning to push, bring it back, etc.
Old 05-16-2017, 08:52 AM   #11  

Good morning,

Starting from home today and then going in for a luncheon, my boss is throwing for me passing my test so couldn't say no. Well try to eat op as possible. The scale started moving downwards so don't want to mess with it.

Ruth sounds like a plan to just donate versus baking all day.

Welcome Drmargie627 to the beach

Jekel looks like you had a wonderful time on the ride

Beth this is a busy time of the year for you

Isa sounds like you had a nice weekend as well

Amy I tend to over do as well exercising, I have learned to listen to my body a bit better (not always)

Debbie enjoy your garden.

Old 05-16-2017, 05:03 PM   #12  

Height: 5' 5"

Good afternoon chicks. We had a pleasant day today and I was sure to get my walk in after school. I had a lazy weekend so I'm going for consistency this week.

Ruth, I often donate rather than buy when the school groups are selling things; I don't need a ton of knick knacks, frozen pizza or tubs of cookie dough! Our bugs are starting to come out also.

Amy, I got the charge 2. I am looking forward to seeing what it says about my activity level. I'm also hoping to plant some herbs and veggies soon.

Pearlrose, it is nice your boss celebrated your accomplishment. It's good to know you are appreciated.

Welcome to Drmargie!

Have a good evening, chicks. I need to put dinner in the oven.
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 08:25 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Late check in. Still not caught up on emails at work. Asked the Chief to give me two days to get settled in before getting bombarded lol. I feel better than I did before I left as stress was eating me up inside. Feels good to be home and refocused on taking better care of me. Mother's Day was tough but Pamela treated me to a nice lunch. My day was truly made when my son called. First time in 3 weeks. He sounds great!!! Fort Benning posts photos on Facebook so I get a glimpse into his training. I am quite impressed.

Beth I hope you love your Fitbit. Amazing a little thing on my arm actually helps me stay motivated.

Ruth I too donate, its easier and way less tempting for me!

Pearlrose so nice your boss is recognizing your success! Enjoy!!

Amy I love having fresh strawberries. Although last year almost all of the ones I have in a container were enjoyed by furry critters.

Debbie how long will Kirk be in Anchorage? Will you be able to visit him?

I booked our trip to Georgia for graduation. Now to email my son's dad so he has the info too. Have an enjoyable evening.
jekel383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 07:16 AM   #14  

Good morning!

Pearlrose - that's sweet your boss celebrated with you.

Beth - I also have the charge 2. Hubby has a garmin. Every night in bed we compare steps and calories before we go to sleep. I set the alarm to buzz me 11 hours a day to get 250 steps. Doesn't always happen, but I've come to understand that the more you are up and about all day long, the more calories you burn.

Jennifer - glad you got to hear from your son and that he's not just surviving, but thriving. Does a mama's heart good!

Today is an off day exercising, but I need to finish planting a few more things. We have a second story deck, at least the deer and rabbits won't get in it. I'm sure the squirrels will have no problems, but I hope the acorns on the trees keep them happy instead of my tomatoes.
Old 05-17-2017, 08:57 AM   #15  

Good morning,

Quick flyby for me, crazy morning getting ready for early report. I have to follow DH to drop off his car for oil change and then head into work where I have late meetings today so won't be home til late. The scale continues to slowly move down so I am happy. Boss had salad as well, so that is what I had for lunch so all good.