Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 05-10-2017, 11:42 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 92.4 / 84.2 / 65

Height: 169.5

Cool My Alevere Accountability Thread

I was here a few years ago, doing Alevere, but life and stuff got in the way and I ended up failing the diet. I'm back now, in a more stable and secure place and finally able to properly tackle my food demons and my weight.

So I thought I'd start my own thread where I can be accountable, post daily updates etc. I think I'm maybe the only person doing the Alevere diet here but if anyone else is and wants to join in or comment, please do so!

Anyway, I had my first consultation on Monday just gone. It went OK. My starting stats are at the bottom of this post. The consultation basically involved seeing a Dr, discussing what I want from the diet and what was realistic, having my BP taken (it was unusually high, but she said they're only concerned when it's low on this diet), having some blood drawn to check I'm in a healthy enough place to actually undertake the diet and coming up with an estimate of approx. 24 weeks to reach my goal weight. We'll see! LOL I can't imagine being in a healthy weight range, it's been a looooong time!

My blood test results should be back tomorrow, and I have another consultation on Monday 15th when I officially start. At this one I will see a therapist who will do a couple of skinning tightening and fat burning treatments, weigh me and then afterwards I'll collect my food for the week and trundle off to begin my weight loss journey. I then go back to be weighed in once a week, collect the next weeks worth of food and have my two treatments. In the meantime, I have upped my water intake to 2000mls a day, cut all sugary drinks and cut down the caffeine and am trying to eat more sensibly.

So my starting stats are as follows;

8th May 2017 (before starting)
  • Weight - 92.3kg
  • Body Fat Mass - 46.4
  • BMI - 32.1
  • Percent Body Fat - 50.3
  • Waist-Hip Ratio - 0.91
  • BMR - 1361kcal
MumofMany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 11:45 AM   #2  

I'll update my weekly weigh in's here;

8th May 2017
  • Weight - 92.3kg
  • Body Fat Mass - 46.4
  • BMI - 32.1
  • Percent Body Fat - 50.3
  • Waist-Hip Ratio - 0.91
  • BMR - 1361kcal

15th May 2017
  • Weight - 91.8kg

22nd May 2017
  • Weight - 89.4kg

1st June 2017
  • Weight -

Last edited by MumofMany; 05-22-2017 at 04:08 PM.
Old 05-14-2017, 02:06 PM   #3  

I don't start officially until tomorrow but I wanted to check in, say I'm eager to get to my appointment tomorrow and get started!

I got an email to say my bloods were all fine, so that's quite reassuring.

I'm doing the majority of my fresh fruit and veg shopping tomorrow when the kids are at school. I'm a bit excited and a bit worried about this coming week. The first week is always hard, and of course, I'm busy all week! A taster is as follows;

Monday - Alevere starting
Tuesday - picking up equipment for work
Wednesday - travelling to Preston
Thursday - teaching in Preston
Friday - teaching in Preston and then travelling home late

Oh and my oldest child begins his GCSEs this week too, so I won't be around for him either. So you can probably imagine why I may not be posting very much this coming week unless I'm bored in the evenings stuck in the hotel room by myself!

On the plus side the weekend is relatively free so I'm going to relax and enjoy spending time with my family then I think.

So, a bit of trepidation, a bit of excitement... I just want to get on with it now.

I'm glad it's tomorrow now. This past week has been torture. I've read blogs where people have pigged out before starting, and I was in two minds myself. Do I thoroughly enjoy all the food and drink I won't be able to eat whilst I wait to start... Or do I be sensible and try to get enough of a head start on myself? I sort of stuck somewhere in the middle. This week I went to a friends for dinner and drinks on Wednesday, went out for dinner with my mum and stepdad on the Friday, but overall did better than I expected. Water wise, haven't been so great. But I know I can drink water so that's fine.

Onwards and downwards! Roll on tomorrow!
Old 05-15-2017, 02:26 PM   #4  

Day 1

Had my weigh in today. Down 0.5kg (that's 1.1lbs) over the last week. I had my two lovely treatments and then collected my weeks worth of food.

I'm struggling today. I had nothing to eat all morning. My appointment wasn't until 1:30pm and I didn't get home until 3pm when I had my first milkshake. It was yummy but seemed to remind my stomach I'd not eaten so I'm hungry. The smell of the kids dinner was torture. I've never wanted to eat their dinner so much! LOL

So my scales this morning read 91.1kg and the clinics read 91.8kg at 1:30pm after I'd had 1l of water and was fully dressed... I reckon that's probably about equal with my scales.

Food wise I've had the following;

3pm - strawberry milkshake
5:30pm - strawberry milkshake with 30g of strawberries

And at 8:30pm I'll be having the following for dinner - cheese omelette with a handful of spinach, 100g mushrooms, 100g baby corn, 5 spears of asparagus, 50g onions, 15g cherry tomatoes, and a handful of mixed salad leaves.

I also managed to finish 2litres of water.

I'm really hoping the scales go down tomorrow and keep going down. Today has been surprisingly hard, considering I knew what I was walking into. Tomorrow will be easier I think because I'll have breakfast too.

Last edited by MumofMany; 05-15-2017 at 02:26 PM.
Old 05-16-2017, 02:08 PM   #5  

Day 2

Today has been torture if I'm being brutally honest. I've had the headache from ****, am grumpy as sin and am missing "normal" foods. And wine. God I want some wine so much right now...

Anyway, today I've been terrible with water. Because I've been going here, there and everywhere I'll be surprised if I make 1 litre of water today. And to be honest, with the four milkshakes I've not really felt thirsty at all. I think secretly I'm a desert creature as I don't seem to get very thirsty at all and struggle to consume liquid.

Today's consumption has consisted of;

8:30 - strawberry milkshake
11:30 - strawberry milkshake and a 2 egg-white omelette with spinach and mushrooms
2:30 - strawberry milkshake and 50g of strawberries
5:30 - strawberry milkshake

And I'm really looking forward to my dinner tonight at 8:30 of a cheese omelette. I kind of scramble mine, it doesn't look like much but it tastes nice mixed with spinach, onions and mushrooms...

I weighed myself this morning. I was down 0.4kg. I'm hoping to be down again tomorrow as today I feel like I'm going through a special kind of **** and am questioning why I'm putting myself through this.

Last edited by MumofMany; 05-16-2017 at 02:09 PM.
Old 05-20-2017, 05:13 AM   #6  

Day 6

Sorry for the lack of updates and posts the last couple of days. I was so shattered after the working day I just rested and couldn't be doing with computer stuff.

So, it looks like I smashed my first goal! And gone below 90.3kg. I've decided I'm going to buy myself an audio book. I discovered a love of listening to audio books as I'm driving long distances for work. Won't work so well when the family are with me, but I can immerse myself in them when they're not so it's all good.

Yesterday was not a great diet day. I didn't break the diet, but I didn't get all my meals in either. Between the long hours of teaching and then the long hours of driving in the pouring rain whilst tired I missed two of my meals. I'm hoping it doesn't affect things too much.

I stepped on the scales this morning and was below 90kg! 89.5kg to be exact. I'm so pleased with that. It's been a long time since I was last below 90kg so it feels like a real win after a hard trip away.

I'm pleased to be home and have proper food again too and the time to drink my water. This mornings 2 egg white omelette was delicious and I'm already looking forward to dinner now.

On another plus, my stomach has adjusted to the strange eating habits now and I no longer feel hungry. My headache and grumpiness is also gone and I'm feeling pretty energetic. Which is good because I don't really have a day off from work from Monday onwards. Lots of work, lots of travel throughout June.