Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 12-27-2016, 10:05 AM   #1  

Default Surgery tomorrow!

Hi Everyone! I can't believe my surgery is tomorrow. I am excited and nervous at the same time. I looked through the list of what to have on hand after surgery and think I have all my bases covered. My surgeon will have me on clear liquids until my first post op appointment, so I have broth, my approved protein mixes and sugar free popsicles on hand; as well as, herbal teas. He said no black teas or coffee due to the acidic nature of them until my new stomach heals, so I have green teas and such that I can make cold or hot.

For anyone who has already had their surgery, is there any clear liquid that you just could not have done without that I did not already mention? Any advice is welcome.

To relax today I intend to read a good book , maybe watch a movie and play with my kids.
Diana
DianaG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 11:14 AM   #2  

Good Luck to you.
classykaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 12:39 PM   #3  

Thank you Karen.
Old 12-31-2016, 04:17 PM   #4  

I am home from surgery now and starting to feel much better. I was not able to sleep in the hospital, but now that I can use my own bed I have been able to sleep and help my body heal. The pain is much less than I thought it would be, so that is definitely a positive.
Diana
Old 01-01-2017, 10:08 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 275/199.1/120

Height: 164cm

Yay! Congrats on the surgery! Make sure you getting up and walking around as much as possible, and try and drink as much water as you can
kimboslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 10:51 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 237/ticker/145

Height: 5ft. 6 in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianaG View Post
I am home from surgery now and starting to feel much better. I was not able to sleep in the hospital, but now that I can use my own bed I have been able to sleep and help my body heal. The pain is much less than I thought it would be, so that is definitely a positive.
Diana

Thats great!! I wish you a speedy recovery.

chouku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 01:39 PM   #7  

Thank you all. Kim, I've been up an walking as much as I can without overdoing it too much. Small walks around the neighborhood for now are doing it. I had my one week post op today and my incisions looked great, so they took the steri strips off. I was taken off all fluids and put on pureed foods. Yay! I have not taken any pain medicine for 24 hours, so that is good. I'm currently looking up recipes for pureed food that taste good, lol.

Chouku, Thank you! I am healing up much better than they thought I would with my diabetes, so I am really happy about that.
Old 04-03-2017, 12:11 PM   #8  
Do or Do Not

S/C/G: 302/267/135

Height: 5'5

How's everything going so far! It's been a few months now, just checking!
CutieCourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 02:33 AM   #9  

Hi. How are you now??
ChristinaBrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 04:56 AM   #10  

Are you recovered now?
ChristinaBrock is offline   Reply With Quote