Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2004, 10:40 PM   #1  

Angry Wonder and Amazement

I'm a member of the cooking club at my school, and every Tuesday we all get together in the school kitchen to prepare and amazing gourmet meal and then eat it together. I didn't go last week, my first on Atkins, because I had to study, but I decided to go tonight since I desperately needed to de-stress a little. I was worried about what would happen once I was surrounded by food I actually wanted to eat, but I ate before hand, and set out a low carb snack to eat afterwards. While I was there I wasn't even tempted. I spent a blissfull two hours making and absolutely beautiful stuffed eggplant, and then left without trying a single bite. On my way out I was forced into taking a cream filled chocolate cookie, but instead of devouring it on the stairs I wrapped it up in a napking and brought it to a friend. Feeling a little bit proud of myself right now. If anyone else has experiences like this that they'd like to share I think it would be great, sort of an inverse of the cheating thread.
Old 03-02-2004, 11:04 PM   #2  
NO JUNK FOOD ZONE!

Oh Abbie I want that feeling back!!!
Since I haven't been true to this WOE for the last few weeks, I am tempted by everything now. You are doing great if you've beaten the sugar cravings monster. keep up the great job!!!
Kim
Old 03-02-2004, 11:48 PM   #3  

Height: 5' 6"

GO ABBIE! I know how difficult it can be when you head into situations you KNOW you may not be able to handle. However, I think you took the right steps and we're very successful. Good For You! Such and inspiration!
Old 03-03-2004, 08:24 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 223/GOAL/140

Height: 5'6"

Abbie, I think that's a great idea, because no matter how many times we have an indescretion, there are 10 more times that we did exactly what our bodies need. There have been a lot of times over the past 8 or 9 months but the most recent one was a going away party in January for someone at work. There was pizza, wings, booze, so much stuff it's hard to remember it all and we were out of nearly 6 hours. Just drank my water and diet coke and danced the night away. Even lost 2lbs the next day which was a real kicker. That one was hard but I had just a good a time as everyone else and no hang over .

Ok everyone, what's something you've done you're really proud of? It feels a lot better to post here than over on the confession thread!

Tummy
Old 03-03-2004, 08:34 AM   #5  
Baby Steps

Congratulations Abbie. Bet you're on top of the world!!!

Hmm..I've still not tried a GS cookie yet. I keep telling myself "one of these days I'm going to binge on them until I'm either sick or they're all gone." So far the day hasn't come. lol I haven't been "alone" with them very long and DH keeps giving me disapproving looks when I even glance at them!
Old 03-03-2004, 10:28 AM   #6  
The Princess O' Pets

GREAT JOB Abbie!!!!

Once you beat the sugar monster, try not to feed it again because then you have to beat it all over again (only its a little easier the second time around) I was drooling yesterday when DS brought home cookies and was eating them from the party at school, but I just stayed away until they were gone.
Closed Thread