Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 04-01-2017, 03:39 PM   #1  

Default April is here! New Ups and Downs thread 2017

New thread for April, ladies. Warm weather is just a short time away.

Join in, post, vent and just catch us up on what is going on in your daily lives. New members are welcome! Join in friends. Let's give each other the support we may be missing in real life.
lisaloveshearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 04:02 PM   #2  

Hi ladies, it is a miracle. I remembered to make a new April thread. heh

My birthday is in 7 days, I'll be the big 50. sigh It's just weird. I have also been informed by my Dr this is the year I am to get a colonoscopy. I'll talk more about that later.

I went through and emptied about 5 boxes yesterday and today. I threw out a lot of old papers and hung onto things that Jennifer will want. My mom's letters mostly. Mom tended to rattle on so they are long. Jennifer and I giggle at them. She would start out a letter at 5 am and finish up the letter at 1 pm. She always dated and put the time on them. I have already given her some letters but i found more. She'll want them.

I also found this. I started crying. I'm not sure how old she would have been?? 5 or 6. maybe? I hope you can read it. Photobucket made them smaller.

Last edited by lisaloveshearts; 04-01-2017 at 04:34 PM.
Old 04-01-2017, 04:10 PM   #3  

Holly, I am thrilled for you. It's wonderful to be able to see better. Remember when I lost my glasses and then found them 6 months later? I am just so glad and grateful for your improved eye sight.

Britt, yay for your feeling better. I am so happy for you. exercising will only make you feel better. wooooooooo

Kathleen, how is your son doing? I hope he is still on the journey to true happiness. It's hard when you are sick but it can be done with a good solid base of support and he's got that in you.

Coop, I hope you are all right.

If I missed anyone else, I apologize and will do a personal for you asap.

Much love to you all.
Old 04-01-2017, 06:47 PM   #4  

holly I'm so glad your eye op went well, and everything is clear now! That really sucks about your car, I have my fingers crossed you're hubby isn't too sore, and you guys get a good deal on a new car.

lisa thanks for the new thread! That card looks really sweet, it's nice you kept hold of those things. I'm just swinging by on my phone, so I'll have to read later! I can't imagine 6 months without my glasses - i am too blind! Can barely manage 6 minutes
Coop27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 09:17 PM   #5  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

thank you Lisa for the new monthly thread!! for remembering

Jennifer's words and poems are so sweet and so glad you have them forever!

thank goodness for our older son, he came over early and shoveled the whole driveway and path, of the 6" of HEAVY wet snow. I am ordered not to it REALLY chaps my ***!! because I'm so independent and self-reliant on most physical things around the house/yard. Oh well gotta listen to the doctor.

This is such an eventful month for me!! I have only one more week of the Rat B@stard job...I get to collect unemployment for almost 5 weeks after that (and I am at the top rank of pay)...I get my second eye done in a week and a half...and maybe my motivation will be amped to clean up some clutter in this house!!

Hi to everyone and please do check in so that you know where we are for this month.
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 02:47 AM   #6  
I can do it!!!

S/C/G: 223/165/145

Height: 5'4"

Smile

Holly: So sorry to hear about your car. What a pain in the butt! I am thankful that your husband wasn't hurt, though. Good luck in your search for another used car! On a brighter note, I'm so happy to hear that your eye surgery went well and that your vision in that eye is already much improved! What is the date of your surgery for the other eye? I want to keep you in my prayers that day.

Lisa: That Mother's Day card from Jennifer is so adorable!!! Everything she wrote is so sweet! What a treasure! Yes, we have a place at the lake. Not sure when we will finally get up there for the first time this year. We've been busy with my daughter's sled hockey and Columbus Blue Jackets hockey games. We usually like to spend every weekend at the lake in the summer, but it is going to be a little tricky for us this summer because we want to keep our son doing well. He doesn't always want to go to the lake with us, but he tends to get into trouble when we aren't around, so we really don't want to leave him home alone. He also forgets to take his medicine regularly when we aren't around, which sends him into a downward spiral. This is a dilemma we are currently trying to solve. I know we are going to have to let go of all of this at some point, but for right now while he has been so fragile and is finally turning the corner, I feel like he still needs our help.

Coop: It is great to hear from you! Being angry is tiring, but I can't say I blame you for being frustrated with the dad situation. Vent here more if you want to. We won't think bad of your dad. We just want YOU to feel better!

Cinnamonhearts: Way to go on over 2 weeks binge free!!! You should be so proud of yourself! Have you been able to keep it up? If not, don't beat yourself up about it. Remember it is about progress and not perfection!

Britt: So sorry to hear that you were in a really dark place several days ago. But happy to hear that your mood had improved so much as of Friday! I hope things have continued to improve for you. Great ideas to restart your daily journal and to start yoga! Journaling has always helped me and yoga has helped so many people with the mind-body connection. How did your first yoga class go?

JesikaBeth: That is great that you are having so much success with Weight Watchers! Losing 10.6 pounds in 3 weeks is FANTASTIC!!! Way to go!!! Keep up the great work! We are cheering you on!

My son continues to do much better. Thank God! He went to a sorority formal tonight with the girl he's been dating. I texted him earlier to ask how things were going and he said it was amazing! I was worried that his newfound happiness has all revolved around this girl and that he would crash if things went wrong with her. But recently he stood up to her about something that he needed to and said he didn't need her and would be okay without her, which I thought was a good sign. But they ended up working things out after all. That little incident showed me, though, that his self-esteem is improving in general and that it isn't just all tied up in this girl. He has also continued with his therapy and has begun to work out again, in addition to attending his college courses. All positive signs that things are getting better in his life. I cannot tell you how thankful I am that he is doing better!!! I feel like he is still fragile at times, but he is beginning to have more good days than bad on a regular basis. The trend is toward better health these days, which is a huge relief and a huge blessing.

Since I have been keeping my little star stickers on my calendar (to track my workouts), I am keenly aware of how inconsistent and too infrequent my workouts have been. However, I am continuing to stop eating when satisfied instead of stuffed most of the time and it is really making a difference. All of my jeans are loose on me now... to the point that I really need to buy a smaller size!!! WooHoo!!!

IBelieveInMe2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 11:10 AM   #7  
**Britt**

S/C/G: 167.8/157.8/125-129

Thanks for the new thread, Lisa.
Happy Monday, everyone!
brd88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 01:11 PM   #8  

HI ladies,

I'm really down today. I've been having very troubling dreams lately, some of my mom, some of simply feeling lonely. I'm not sure if I feel lonely or not but my dreams make me very sad.

I think as much as I like my new house, I need more social interaction.

That's all I have for now. If I feel better later today, I'll post more.

Much love to you all.
Old 04-03-2017, 02:42 PM   #9  
**Britt**

Hi, Lisa:
Sorry you are feeling that way
Maybe you should try volunteering with an organization you like. You will get to meet people and do something you love at the same time.
Hope the rest of the day is better for you!
Old 04-03-2017, 06:54 PM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by brd88 View Post
Hi, Lisa:
Sorry you are feeling that way
Maybe you should try volunteering with an organization you like. You will get to meet people and do something you love at the same time.
Hope the rest of the day is better for you!
I have been crying off and on all afternoon. I thought about being alone, I have thought about missing my mom. i have thought about my old house which is weird. I thought i had come to terms with losing my old house but I cried about it today.

I need to start taking my medicine better. So some of this is my fault.

I thought about going to the local gay bar, which is about 15 miles away. I really thought about going. Instead of going tonight, I'm going to color my hair tonight so I can go another night. I will be honest with all of you, I just have no place for men in my life right now. I havent had a girlfriend since 2004, I never got over her.

Anyway, i have calmed down a bit. I hope I feel better tomorrow.
Old 04-04-2017, 01:16 AM   #11  
I can do it!!!

S/C/G: 223/165/145

Height: 5'4"

Unhappy

Lisa: I am so, so very sorry that you are feeling so sad and lonely right now. Being in your new house, as nice as it is, is bound to bring up sad feelings about losing your old house, especially losing it to a house fire! That is really a traumatic event, Lisa! And you were busy, busy, busy from that point on ~ up until now, really. Did you ever allow yourself any time to grieve that loss? You are probably just experiencing some normal letdown, don't you think? Regardless, your feelings are very real and valid and important. Have you tried journaling about the fire? There must be so many feelings swirling around in your mind and heart about it... and about losing the house because of it. Maybe you would benefit from talking to a therapist about it ~ and about your sad and lonely feelings, too, especially if you still haven't gotten over a girlfriend from 2004. That is a long time to hold onto that pain. Have you ever journaled about that relationship? Even if you have, it might help to try it again. It seems to me that it is a good sign that you are considering going to the gay bar and putting yourself back out there again. I say go for it! I just want you to get some relief and be as happy as you possibly can! Keeping you close in my thoughts and prayers, Lisa! Hang in there!
IBelieveInMe2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 09:33 AM   #12  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

good morning friends

Lisa we are so sorry to hear how down you are You really have had to deal with HUGE life changes in the past year(s) your mom, the house fire, getting your new home..it's hitting you hard now because you have been so busy just dealing with what life was throwing at you! Just know we are here for you!! I agree maybe you need more social stuff but not til you are ready for it. thinking of you Lisa and wishing you weren't sad!!

Kathleen you are always so supportive of your friends here, such a sweetheart We hope YOU are okay . It was great to read that even though your son had a disappointment with the young lady, it did not put him in a tailspin. What a good sign!! we also hope and pray he continues to improve

Britt that was a great suggestion to Lisa, about volunteering. I am sure that's how many people find friends

Hello to everyone else!

Still groovin' that this is my last week with the R@t B@st@rd He had little to no interest about my eye operation, I've worked for him for 6 months out of each year for 10 years now. Jerk well, he is like that even to his poor wife so I should keep my expectations low, lol.

I just did my 3rd Leslie Sansone walking workout, I like her I did her 5K (3 mile 40 min) one.

It is gloomy and rainy here but the rain helps melt this d@mn snow so that is good!! ttyl
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 11:25 AM   #13  
**Britt**

Lisa: So sorry you're feeling this way, but I am happy you are feeling a bit more calm now. If you're ready to get into another relationship, maybe try online dating? I actually met my fiance on OKCupid, and I found it to be very queer-friendly (which was a huge surprise to me!). If not, maybe try to make it a goal to get out and do something social at least once a week. Maybe try just getting out and going to a coffee shop for a few hours on a Saturday or something. You never know who you might meet when you just put yourself in situations where you are open to new interactions. And then volunteering is another way as well to find someone who has common interests.

Vermont: I LOVE Leslie Samsone! I am trying to only focus on one big goal per month (which is eating more raw foods to curb binging), but I do miss doing those walks and going to the gym in general. I get obsessive about "needing" to make a goal for exercise and meet it to not feel like a failure. I guess that's better than not doing anything at all, but I just get so obsessive.

Last edited by brd88; 04-04-2017 at 11:25 AM.
Old 04-04-2017, 04:48 PM   #14  

Lisa I'm so sorry to read how you're struggling just now . I am really echoing what others have said, but I can understand why you are feeling so emotional right now - this will be the first time you've stopped in ages, that's always when people catch a cold (like you did last week) and now you have time for the emotions to bubble up. Kathleen has a great suggestion for journalling, sometimes that can be really helpful. And why not go out to the local gay bar, what do you have to lose? We don't meet new people by sitting home on the couch, do we? Please let us know how you get on. It's natural to think about exes sometimes, but I'm so sorry you are still struggling after so long.

I hope you have a fab 50th next week!
___

Holly Well done for the Lesley Sansome workout! She looks pretty good! I like how her workouts are suitable for small spaces too. Hope your last week with the r@t is a quick one!
___

Kathleen your updates about your son are sounding really positive lately, I'm so pleased he seems to have turned a corner, and that he's learning to be so self-reliant! I'm not sure how terms work for college over there, is he nearly finished for the year?

Your lake house sounds lovely, I really hope you guys enjoy every minute you can get up there!
___

No major updates from me - still waiting for OH to have his next coeliac test, apparently we might have to wait another 12 weeks! My waistline is not thanking me for all the treats we're having lately, so I really need to make sure I get to the gym more. I'm annoyed at myself for not going as much over winter - I've lost all the progress I made with my running. I'm thinking of signing up for a charity race, to force myself to keep going.

I keep meaning to look into the CBT books too, I'm still busy with work, but think that will ease off next week.

Last edited by Coop27; 04-04-2017 at 05:22 PM.
Coop27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 04:44 PM   #15  

Quote:
I'm so sorry to read how you're struggling just now . I am really echoing what others have said, but I can understand why you are feeling so emotional right now - this will be the first time you've stopped in ages, that's always when people catch a cold (like you did last week) and now you have time for the emotions to bubble up. Kathleen has a great suggestion for journalling, sometimes that can be really helpful. And why not go out to the local gay bar, what do you have to lose? We don't meet new people by sitting home on the couch, do we? Please let us know how you get on. It's natural to think about exes sometimes, but I'm so sorry you are still struggling after so long.

I hope you have a fab 50th next week!]
Coop, man you all are so smart. This is the first time I've stopped in months, things are starting to calm down now. I still have some house stuff to finish but I've got about 90% done. I'm almost there.

I don't get too excited about my birthday, anymore. I'll probably think about my mom a lot on my birthday. Crap, I hope I don't cry too much.

I feel a little better today, not 100% but much better. I ran some errands, got a new drivers license and new tags for the car. I didn't do everything on my list, I get so overwhelmed. Its weird.

Quote:
I am so, so very sorry that you are feeling so sad and lonely right now. Being in your new house, as nice as it is, is bound to bring up sad feelings about losing your old house, especially losing it to a house fire! That is really a traumatic event, Lisa! And you were busy, busy, busy from that point on ~ up until now, really. Did you ever allow yourself any time to grieve that loss? You are probably just experiencing some normal letdown, don't you think? Regardless, your feelings are very real and valid and important. Have you tried journaling about the fire? There must be so many feelings swirling around in your mind and heart about it... and about losing the house because of it. Maybe you would benefit from talking to a therapist about it ~ and about your sad and lonely feelings, too, especially if you still haven't gotten over a girlfriend from 2004. That is a long time to hold onto that pain. Have you ever journaled about that relationship? Even if you have, it might help to try it again. It seems to me that it is a good sign that you are considering going to the gay bar and putting yourself back out there again. I say go for it! I just want you to get some relief and be as happy as you possibly can! Keeping you close in my thoughts and prayers, Lisa! Hang in there!
Thanks Kathleen,

You all are so kind. You are right about not stopping much the last few months. Even when I lived with Jennifer, I was stressed out so much. It was an awful time, not knowing when/if the fire nightmare was ever going to end.

I am going to start getting out more. At least, a couple times a week, I'll go socialize. I'm sure that will make me feel better. I've actually been to this bar before so I know a couple of people there. It'll be nice to go back.

Last edited by lisaloveshearts; 04-05-2017 at 04:45 PM.