Old 03-28-2017, 08:30 AM   #1  

S/C/G: SW: 323 CW: See Ticker GW: 180

Height: 5'8

Question Is Anyone Around?

Just wondering if anyone was around? This forum is very very quiet...
JesikaBeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 08:55 AM   #2  
Tough Turtle

S/C/G: 199/183/115-120

Height: 5 ft 4 in

Hey

I'm still around! Mostly talking to myself it seems sometimes.

What is on your mind?
bloominbutterflies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 07:42 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 328/see ticker/199

Height: 5-8

It's been awhile, but I'm here too! I've been been thinking that I need to get more active with my HP, this is a start! Like Bloominbutterflies posted......What's on your mind?
RedHeadLongLegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 08:15 AM   #4  

Arrow

Hey Guys, glad to know there's still a few of us on these forums

How are you both doing with your program?

I too need to become more active with my HP. Going to spend some quality time tomorrow morning with my workbook as well.
Old 03-30-2017, 03:35 PM   #5  
Tough Turtle

S/C/G: 199/183/115-120

Height: 5 ft 4 in

I'm doing good, I am doing my thing trying to lose 5 lbs every quarter of the year. I've accomplished my 1st quarter. 2nd spring quarter is literally just starting up. If you divide the year up by 13 weeks it almost matches the seasons.

Today work had a french breakfast theme (loosely haha) it was great, and I ate a lot of stuff. My original plan was to just have a piece of chicken for dinner, but I am looking at how many calories 10 timbits is from tim horton's and I am practically dying when I see I may have eaten 700 calories??!! I think I ate 8-9 of them, and just thought it was equivalent to 1 donut LOL. I was expecting half that many calories. I think I blew my calories for the whole day . I never skip meals, but with this being right before the weekend where I gain the most weight I think I'll make an exception and eat that chicken for breakfast.

Well how are you jesikabeth?

Last edited by bloominbutterflies; 03-30-2017 at 04:05 PM.
bloominbutterflies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 07:32 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 187

Height: 5'7"

Hi everyone! I recently began OA. I've been listening to podcasts of each step on the OA website. What step is everyone on? Any tips for a beginner?
ThinkAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 08:19 AM   #7  

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloominbutterflies View Post
I'm doing good, I am doing my thing trying to lose 5 lbs every quarter of the year. I've accomplished my 1st quarter. 2nd spring quarter is literally just starting up. If you divide the year up by 13 weeks it almost matches the seasons.

Today work had a french breakfast theme (loosely haha) it was great, and I ate a lot of stuff. My original plan was to just have a piece of chicken for dinner, but I am looking at how many calories 10 timbits is from tim horton's and I am practically dying when I see I may have eaten 700 calories??!! I think I ate 8-9 of them, and just thought it was equivalent to 1 donut LOL. I was expecting half that many calories. I think I blew my calories for the whole day . I never skip meals, but with this being right before the weekend where I gain the most weight I think I'll make an exception and eat that chicken for breakfast.

Well how are you jesikabeth?
Ah work stuff is never easy... I have Celiac Disease, so usually I can't eat the stuff at work anyway (LOL).

I'm doing ok, very busy at work (and tired, LOL!) I really need to work on that...

I am re-starting the steps with step 1. Also recently decided to switch over from OA to EDA (Eating Disorders Anonymous) and have actually been doing/feeling better since the switch. There's not much EDA support locally, but there is some online. Although I'll be doing EDA primarily, I will be attending OA meetings locally since there aren't any EDA meetings here.

Have a great day
Old 04-06-2017, 08:22 AM   #8  

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkAgain View Post
Hi everyone! I recently began OA. I've been listening to podcasts of each step on the OA website. What step is everyone on? Any tips for a beginner?
Welcome

As for advice...

Sponsors are invaluable, the OA literature is awesome (OA red 12 step workbook, the OA 12 & 12, and Voices of Recovery Daily Reader are my favorites). Best thing I've also found invaluable is to get into a routine where it is incorporated into your daily life (either by reading a daily meditation every morning with your cup of coffee, doing stepwork, talking to your sponsor, etc.) I know if it's not incorporated into my daily life, I feel 'off'.

I'm so glad to see people on this thread
Old 06-19-2017, 12:40 PM   #9  

Default Recovery and relationships

I am going to my first meeting (OA HOW) this week. I know I have a problem with food and am not nervous about following this path. What scares me is the effect it will have on my marriage.

Our marriage is a wreck because of the shame I feel and I've started making lifestyle changes that my husband doesn't want to participate in (yet, I hope). Anyone have experience with how to keep a relationship healthy while finding recovery?

Last edited by Ash1eyA1to; 06-19-2017 at 12:40 PM. Reason: Crappy title
Ash1eyA1to is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 08:06 AM   #10  

Arrow

Ash1eyA1to

Hello, and welcome

Welcome to recovery!!! Did you attend your first meeting? How'd it go?

This may not be your case, but for me my wife is pretty not-on-board/clueless when it comes to recovery, and sometimes it seems like she really doesn't care much about it. While it seems that way, I've come to realize she doesn't understand (she's an emotional eater who is in denial of the fact that it's a problem.

The most important thing in my own recovery journey is - I share with her about my recovery, but I *GO* to my supports WITH my recovery (if that makes sense?)

It really has helped me out a whole lot. And, as a result, our marriage as well.

Hugs! Welcome again
Old 07-23-2017, 08:29 PM   #11  

I'm new. Is this community a good place to seek support? a lot of the posts seem old.

It's not so bad for me anymore, but I'm still ashamed and I feel I have to pretend it doesn't bother me in order to be normal. My weight doesn't fluctuate too visibly either (I just get constipated and sort of depressed), so I worry anyone I try to connect with would resent me for looking like nothing is wrong.
laurainatreehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 10:20 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Hi Laurainatreehouse. This is a very friendly forum with lots of posters willing to discuss issues and offer helpful suggestions. Find a thread that interests you and tell us more about yourself!
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote