Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2004, 07:21 AM   #1  
Mom, Queen of Everything

Default Tuesday Chat - March 2, 2004

Rise and Shine All!!!

I've decided to forego the workout this morning, since my legs and rear are still aching horribly from helping my friend move last weekend. Someone told me that going yesterday would help me "work it out." All it did was make me walk like John Wayne the entire day.

Not much to report. Staying on plan, but the weight loss is slowing down, probably because of the muscle mass being built up. Okay, that's probably a reach, but it makes me feel better to think of it that way!

I managed to stay away from the teacher's lounge and the tons of GS cookies floating in and out of the door. Today is the big cookie exchange so I'll be hiding out in my classroom and thinking of better things.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 03-02-2004, 07:37 AM   #2  

Height: 5' 6"

Good Morning All,
I was bad and haven't even picked up the GS cookies yet. Everytime I was walking out the door to do it something would come up. So I managed to stall the temptations for a couple of days but today it must be done, they have to get delivered.
I know now that I have an issue with weekends. I stay OP as far as the foods I should be eating, however I have a tendency to eat more. I get munchies and I grab a piece of ham etc. My calorie intake is just horrible. During the week I'm in much better control, because when I'm at work I don't have time for such munchies and I concentrate more on the meals for the day. So being concerned with my 3 day weekend I hopped on the scale this morning for an update and was happy with the results. However they don't count until tomorrow so I wont report it.
Well time for me to fly, everyone have a great day! I'll check in later.
Old 03-02-2004, 08:21 AM   #3  
Baby Steps

Spedmom:sorry to hear you're still sore. Or is it sore all over again? Hopefully it eases so you can get what you want done

Trazzie: Good job staying OP during the week. You can do it on the weekend also! I don't keep track of what I eat anymore. I know I should but I just can't seem to remember to write it down. I probably would lose a lot more if I did that! STAY AWAY FROM (OPENING) THE COOKIES!!!

Well, my legs don't hurt as much today. My arm muscles are yelling at me a little. I'm just glad the legs are better otherwise today at work (it's filing day) would be a living h*ll. I've got tons of GS cookies to deliver but at least they're seperated into individual orders. I'm not even tempted to eat a cookie right now...but when TOM comes around again they better be nice and frozen otherwise LOOK OUT! When I get home I have to load my car up w/one girls order. I'm gonna drop it at her parents vehicle tonight after hunters safety That way I don't have to lug them up their stairs. Yup, I'm lazy now I also have to do the last chapter (they assigned 2) of hunters safety homework. It's due tonight. UGH!!!

Hope you all have a great day!
Old 03-02-2004, 08:36 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 223/GOAL/140

Height: 5'6"

Rising and Shining Paula, or more like rolling over and grimicing maybe. I'm with you on the muscle mass stuff there, I took my pictures for the month on the weekend and omg my back is starting to get big, little incredible hulk action!

Trazzie, hope your daughter is feeling better, if you figure out how to handle the weekend munchies please share!

Brenda, take care of yourself girl, cookies are not worth that (although I haven't had a girl guide cookie in many years so that may not be true )

Dropped mother in law off at home yesterday after having her out for the weekend, ahhhh, quiet. She wakes up early so I did not have a moment to exercise but at least these tired muscles got a chance to heal a bit. The monthly picture taking went well although my website fought me every inch of the way and didn't want to post the darn things. I'm finding that my body's redistributing the weight now, not losing much compared to a few months ago but the shape of my body is changing alot. Very interesting to see as I really hadn't noticed until I took the pictures. Must be all that exercise I guess, glad it's doing something other than making me all sweaty.

Have a great tuesday, gotta run.
Tummy
Old 03-02-2004, 08:49 AM   #5  
Total Sass Bucket

Morning all!
Well I managed to survive working with my psychotic coworker yesterday and managed to get my way on EVERYTHING. yay me! It was quite the accomplishment, let me tell you!!! Clinicals ran late last night AGAIN. We have YET to get out of the hospital on time. Saturday we were half an hour late and last night we were supposed to get out at 7:15 and I didn't leave until 7:50. It's so incredibly frustrating I can't even express it. Basically it was 8:30 by the time I got home last night. Now how the am I supposed to wash my uniform by tonight if she makes me get home so late that the only laundromat open is the one on the bad side of town where I'd get murdered if I went???? Ugh. It's ridiculous. Oh well. Pffffffft, I'll just blow it off.
I'm down another pound and that means I've met my St. Patrick's Day goal!!! Yippeeee! Now I have to get focused and get to my Easter Goal. I may not make that one! It will be a challenge but I' m going to be able to work out more regularly here as soon as my clinicals are done!!!
Good job on staying away from the Girl Scout cookies!!!!
Tummy: I'm going to check out your pics, I'm sure you look FANTASTIC!!!
Sped: You've been doing GREAT with your weight loss! Maybe now I'll have a bit of time to catch up to you!!! :P
Trazzie: I totally understand the weekend thing. I just can't seem to stay on plan... at least you're eating LC foods!
Old 03-02-2004, 09:15 AM   #6  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning Ladies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trazzie
I know now that I have an issue with weekends. I stay OP as far as the foods I should be eating, however I have a tendency to eat more. I get munchies and I grab a piece of ham etc. My calorie intake is just horrible. During the week I'm in much better control, because when I'm at work I don't have time for such munchies and I concentrate more on the meals for the day. So being concerned with my 3 day weekend I hopped on the scale this morning for an update and was happy with the results. However they don't count until tomorrow so I wont report it.
Well time for me to fly, everyone have a great day! I'll check in later.
Trazzie, are you sure you didn't get this from my diary? you described me to a "T" - so what do we do ? I do good during the week and I fight the night time munchies but the weekends I eat so many more calories I destroy my efforts for the week.

Nothing new here sosdd.

Congrats to everyone who have met their goals

Hugs !!!
Old 03-02-2004, 09:21 AM   #7  

Morning gang! Glad to see everyone's managing to stay clear of the GS cookies! I, personally, don't have a problem with sweets...it's BREAD that's my downfall! I've had 4 boxes of GS cookies in the house and haven't been tempted. My biggest sweet craving is chocolate at that TOM. Sorry to hear everyone's so sore! but at least it means you've been burning some fat! My oldest son (12 going on 30) has offered to go walking with me in the mornings on the beach, so I'm planning on taking him up on his offer cause the needle on my scale is STUCK! *LOL* oooooops, gotta run the phones are gonna drive me crazy today!
Old 03-02-2004, 09:31 AM   #8  
Total Sass Bucket

Tummy, my sister and I are in AWE of your pictures. You look AMAZING! Way to go!

Star: What is the carb count for your broccoli slaw? I'm thinking of making some. It sounds sooo yummy!
Old 03-02-2004, 01:36 PM   #9  
Baby Steps

Lizzy: Hope you have a great walk on the beach. That sounds like SO much fun!!

Leenie: So far the only problem I have on the weekend is not getting enough water. Of course,,that was before the cookies came into the house. This is really going to be interesting for me. I've got zippo for willpower. They best be gone before TOM comes around again!

Shimma: congrats on not killing the psychotic coworker. Congrats on making your St. Pats' challenge. I don't have a hope in heck of making mine. I think the needle's stuck and I didn't even have cookies!!!

Tummy: WOW!!!! Great progress!! I love looking at pictures that show progress like that! Gives me hope that I can follow!!

I'm only online while I'm eating my lunch. Then I've got to go and get my homework for hunters' safety done and figure out games for tomorrow's GS meeting. UGH!!! Too much to do and too little time!! Plus I've got to contact one of the girls to have them come pick up their cookies. So WHAT time was bedtime supposed to be tonight
Old 03-02-2004, 01:45 PM   #10  
The Princess O' Pets

good morning ladies!
Just stopping by quick while at work on my break to say GOOD Morning to all of you! Feeling so good being back OT and coughing is getting better, I am debating about going to the gym just to walk on the treadmill or something easy for today, that would make me feel way better! Plus TOM left....YIPPPEEEEE!

I will do personal greets when i get home, have a great day!!!

LOve, TG
Old 03-02-2004, 02:37 PM   #11  
Moderator & Happy Chick

HEY STAR ?? YOU HIDING ??

Come out come out where ever you are
Old 03-02-2004, 03:01 PM   #12  

Height: 5' 6"

Leenie - Your diary is safe from me, but if you do come up with a game plan be sure to let me know, its simply horrible. I have to figure out a way to keep all the excess food from actually hitting my mouth.

Tummy - I'll say it again, You look GREAT! Your such a great inspiration!

Theo - I'm happy to hear your feeling better and back on track. I would just do some lighter exercises until your 100% again. Sometimes you just have to give yourself a break and heal up a bit.

Shimma - Sometimes people just dont realize what strain they are putting on others. It's like when I'm scheduled to close at 2am and then they have me come in the next morning at 7am.. I mean come on! We are only human!

Bizzy - Your son must be a sweetheart, enjoy your walks together. Great for exercise as well as communication.

Brenda - So much to do so little time!! I hear ya, it seems like an average day in my life. They were trying to convince me to be GS leader.. I asked them to find the time for me and told them all I do a day and they left me alone

Sped - I hope your John Wayne syndrom eases up on you a tad. As long as you don't start talking like him or carrying a gun you should be fine. Take it easy a couple of days and stay AWAY from the cookies

Star- ??? Oh Star??? Have you gone AWOL?

My DD is feeling much better today, thanks everyone! It was nice to stay at home and spend some time with her, we talked and cut things out of constuction paper, I'm still not sure exactly what it is we made, but it mader her happy. She was feeling good enough come evening that she did her own little "workout" with me when I did mine. Such a cutie, she gives me so much more support then she knows.
And speaking of workout it's that time again. Take care!
Old 03-03-2004, 09:41 AM   #13  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Trazzie, you must be doing something right, you posted today you lost 5 lbs... WTG....
What ever your doing I wanna do the same thing

BRAVO !!!
Closed Thread