Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2004, 01:47 AM   #1  

Post Will this add up to the same points?

Hia i seen this Recipe for Spiced Fruity Oatmeal..
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1-1/2 cups apple juice
1/2 cup water
1/8 teaspoon salt
1-1/3 cups regular oats
1/4 cup sweetened dried cranberries (like Craisins) or raisins
1/2 cup 1% low fat milk
1 tablespoon brown sugar
3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
2 tablespoons chopped walnuts

Combine first 3 ingredients in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil. Stir in oats and cranberries; reduce heat; and simmer 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.

Stir in milk, sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg; cook 1 minute. Spoon into bowls; sprinkle with walnuts.

Yield 4 servings - serving size 3/4 cup oatmeal and 1-1/2 teaspoons walnuts.

212 calories, 4.2 g Fat, 3.7 g Fiber
4 points

I was wondering if I changed the cranberries with Cute up orange or apple and took out the nut and used whole malk but only half of 1/1 of it.
Would it all add up to the same Points?
Old 01-22-2005, 12:04 PM   #2  
Jennifer

Hi, The points would be 10 points for the whole amount. I just looked up all the ingredients in my first week book and they added up to 10 points for the whole thing so it's 2.2 points per serving. I hope this helps. I don't know what would it would do if you used an apple or an orange but the orange is 1 point and the apple is 2. Hope thsi helped a little!
Closed Thread