Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-26-2004, 05:31 PM   #1  

Default kind of embarrassing question...

hi everybody, i am new to this website, and have been lurking around for a few days just to see if everybody would be supportive and nice...and it seems that you all are very understanding of each other, so i have a question.

i am a junior in college, and i just realized about a month ago i have gained 45 pounds since my freshman year. i think this is attributed to drinking too much, not really exercising, and a series of bad boyfriends. (not that i should blame weight gain on males...but i am sure you can all understand.

ANYWAY...since gaining this extra weight, my breasts have gotten even larger then they were. i was wondering if this would go away once i get on my weight watchers program and start working out again...or if this is something i am going to have to deal with? its kind of embarrassing to talk about my boobs on a public forum, but i figured, what the heck...we're all female here...(mostly).

so hello everybody, i'm glad to be a part of the group, and if you could answer my boob question...i'd appreciate it. i am definetly going to need everybodys support to get this weight off!
LMG0511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2004, 06:06 PM   #2  

well of course you will lose that weight too.they are mostly fat i think,so they should go away just like the rest of the body fat.
hewysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2004, 06:28 PM   #3  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Hi Laura, that's not a silly question at all. In my personal experience, my boobs (what little I do have) are always the first to go. Like hewysmom said, breast tissue is mostly fat and should reduce once you start losing weight. Congrats on choosing WW, I find the flexpoints plan something that I can live with in real life--it really works if you do it. Welcome to 3FC.
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2004, 07:20 PM   #4  

Hello, and welcome! I'm new here too, and have the same problem. I've always been big-chested, and when I gained weight over the last couple of years they got even bigger. I totally sympathise - you get more stares from guys, it's hard to find comfortable-fitting bras that give total support, you fill out T-shirts and sweaters more...I feel your pain.

As the previous repliers have already said, breasts are mainly fat and dieting will reduce their size. But you'll also want to do some exercises to keep them from sagging (a problem I've had ever since I developed): push-ups are excellent for toning the pectoral muscles, which help hold up your, er, assets. Rowing is good too. I also use free weights during my alternate-day workout; a good pec exercise is laying on the floor, bed or preferably a bench, hold your arms straight out at shoulder-level with a weight in each hand, slowly raise your arms straight up til they're over your face, and slowly lower. Remember to exhale as you raise, inhale as you lower, and keep your elbows slightly bent so you don't put too much stress on them. If you've never used weights before, start out very light (about 1-3 lbs) and work your way up to 5-7 lbs.

Good luck! Keep us posted as to your progress. I've found this to be a very friendly and supportive site.

Feyd.
FeydRautha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2004, 08:23 AM   #5  
living, breathing, moving

S/C/G: 230/170/135

Height: 5*5ish

Laura,
after 2 kids, and a 100 pound weight gain. I found i had these huge boobs. almost double d huge. anyway i had lost various weight amounts but never boobs before. now after losing from 230 down to 182 last week, i pulled out the 2 bras that i had got last christmas. well my boobs were swimming in them. i hadn't noticed that they had gotten smaller. ( i ama let them fall free kinda girl) so i was glad now i am down to about a 38 c. maybe a 36c . still kinda saggy and floppy, but smaller.
blugirrl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 12:29 AM   #6  
Big-time loser

S/C/G: 306.6/247.2/156-164

Height: 5'8"

Goodness - I hope I get there... I've lost about 45 lbs. and I've only lost about 1/4" off my bust measurement. I'm afraid I'm going to end up WAY out of proportion.
jenicra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2004, 02:41 PM   #7  

Hi Laura. Our body types seem pretty similar, I am 5'8. (Close to 5'9, but not quite.) My heaviest weight is 185, and my goal is about 135 - 140.
What helped me to lose the 30 lbs Ive already lost was drinking LOTS and LOTS of water. I had water with everything. Yeah, most foods and water dont mix, but I forced myself. I also had a job where I was constantly on my feet and constantly moving. The 30 lbs dropped off just like that! I think it was about 3 weeks!
Oh...And when I was 185, my boobs were a large C, almost a D. Now they are back down to a B.
Hope this helps.
Sh0egal19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 01:24 PM   #8  
Rattie Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by blugirrl1
( i ama let them fall free kinda girl) so i was glad now i am down to about a 38 c. maybe a 36c . still kinda saggy and floppy, but smaller.
Blu, you crack me up!!!!!!! I swear we were twins in another life or something... I HATE Bras!! Only reason I wear em' is cause I don't want to scare everyone else off. hahaahaha!!
Noodles913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 11:36 AM   #9  
Legend in my own mind

I know this gal at work and she is really think and really flat.
She would stand around and complain about being flat and how she wanted brest implants and all that. I'm like, damn, I would rather be a flat skinny woman than a big fat woman with huge breasts. So that is how come I don't care if mine get smaller as I get smaller.
Partytime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 01:52 PM   #10  

Just like every other torture women have had down through the ages, ie corsets, girdles, garter belts with stockings, bras were invented by MEN so of course they are the pits. I am with you girls. I am still a very large woman and my boobs and my knees are about at the same level since I have lost 100 lbs, but I am still free and easy anywhere I can be! Good for you!

As for the other, like everyone said, they will go back and thank goodness you are nice and young so they still have elasticity! DO make sure you do exercises for the breast tissue though so you keep em perky! (I have lost a full cup size and one breadth size since losing. A lot of what I have now is skin and it still has to go somewhere so that is probably why I still am in 44D)

Faye
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2004, 09:56 PM   #11  

Laura,
I can't speak for you but, they did when I lost. I lost 46 pounds and lost nearly a cup and half! I guess that if it can be gained, it can be lost.
Good Luck!
MQ
MotivatedQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2004, 03:35 PM   #12  
living, breathing, moving

S/C/G: 230/170/135

Height: 5*5ish

Quote:
Originally Posted by gma2one
Just like every other torture women have had down through the ages, ie corsets, girdles, garter belts with stockings, bras were invented by MEN so of course they are the pits. I am with you girls. I am still a very large woman and my boobs and my knees are about at the same level since I have lost 100 lbs, but I am still free and easy anywhere I can be! Good for you!

As for the other, like everyone said, they will go back and thank goodness you are nice and young so they still have elasticity! DO make sure you do exercises for the breast tissue though so you keep em perky! (I have lost a full cup size and one breadth size since losing. A lot of what I have now is skin and it still has to go somewhere so that is probably why I still am in 44D)

Faye
You make me laugh, but also inspire me. let them babies hang. your way of thinking is very refreshing. congrats on all your hard work!!!!!!
blugirrl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 07:32 PM   #13  

oh to be a 40 something D... HA HA i cant even go to a regular store to buy a bra ........ im talking 44 HH ........so after i lose my weight im guessin im gonna have to roll em and fold em and stuff em in the smaller cups LOL but to be at goal who cares.

talk to you LIGHTER!!
Peg
bearzy2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 09:38 PM   #14  
Ilene the Bean

Hey girls

It is so funny to hear you gals talk about BIG boobs, because I on the other end of the spectrum have a whole A.5, I say that because A is too small and B is too BIG!! BUT my back is very wide I have to buy a 38B and add an extension at the back to make it maybe a 40 or 42, but I'm getting very close to eliminating that extension, woohoo... Another thing is that I very very rarely go without a bra... Even at an A, I wear a sports bra to hold them firm so they don't bounce I dislike the bouncy feeling and it hurts when I go without a bra or sports bra too long... Weird eh? My new best friend is a spandex tank top for inside wear and doing housework, it holds me in just enough to be very comfy.....
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 09:49 PM   #15  
Rattie Lover

Boobies are good for something...

When we play tennis I wear a sports bra under my T-Shirt. This way I can store tennis balls in between them. I don't have any deep pocketed tennis shorts and everytime I kept trying to put balls in the pockets of the shorts I DO have, the balls would bounce out!! Now..they go no where.
Noodles913 is offline   Reply With Quote