Old 02-03-2017, 03:58 PM   #1  

Default Favorite TSFL foods

Hi! I've been debating about starting TSFL for the past couple of months. But I am worried I will hate the packaged foods. What have you found that you really like? What have you really disliked?

Thanks so much!
Kristan33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 12:05 PM   #2  

hi Kristan, I advise you to get a variety because you never know which foods will taste good or bad to you. The good news is for any food you don't like, there is probably a "recipe" online to make it taste better to you. For example I hate the soft serve, but find it fine as a shake. There are recipes out there for shake cakes and other things. You just have to Google them when you have a food you dislike. Or you can save them for later and your taste buds might change too and you like it.

I love most of the bars, chocolate shakes, hot cocoa, brownies, pancakes, and chicken soups. I dislike the oatmeal, fruit flavor shakes, puffs, and bites. I know there are you tuber and blogger reviews of some of the foods so you can look them up before you order, too. Good luck!

Last edited by StephGetsHealthy; 02-04-2017 at 12:05 PM.
StephGetsHealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 06:16 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 232/228/160

Height: 5'11"

I could live on the following: Chocolate Shakes, sour cream and chive mashed potatoes, apple oatmeal, cinnamon pretzels, chicken noodle soup, beef vegetable soup, peanut butter bars, and chocolate pudding. Pretty much all the bars are good, though (least favorite are anything that has a fruit in it--I don't count raisins as fruit). Favorite snack is the cheddar cheese popcorn.

The only thing I couldn't even get down are the chili cheese puffs and anything BBQ flavored. Everything else is generally good.

I'm not really a fan of anything Optavia.

Last edited by TWINCA; 02-05-2017 at 06:16 PM.
TWINCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 06:21 PM   #4  

P.S. Just go for it! The plan works. If you had started a couple months ago, you'd already be down 20 lbs. ;-). I ordered the 4 week variety "TV Special" as my first order, but there is a 2 week version, too. I have reviews of almost all the foods on the Round 2 thread.
Old 02-09-2017, 09:16 AM   #5  

My favorites are the following:

BARS! I do NOT like the chocolate mint...something about the artificial mint stays in my mouth.

Optavia Pesto mac and cheese. You MUST love pesto to like this! no on I know really likes them and trades them with me LOL. I add a teaspoon of parmesan using my condiment and its sooooo good.

vegtable chili is suprisling sooooo good!

Vanilla shake is the only shake I LOVE

oatmeals are all so good but im an oatmeal lover!

all of the bakes. They are so good with a dollop of whipcream!

Havent tried the pancakes or mash potatoes yet.... this order I will get them!
clarissairene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 08:56 PM   #6  

Love all of the oatmeal flavors. Peach is a little fake peach flavor for me, but I could eat oatmeal all day. Really the only MF packets I won't eat are BBQ or coffee-flavored items. I really like the Optavia products a lot more for content and variety- not so cloyingly sweet. My absolute favorite WAS Chai Latte, but they discontinued it. Hoping it is re-made in the Optavia line. I prefer eating the soups and beef stew to the bars. Personal preference. They taste ok, but I just don't want to sustain myself on bars all day.
sidrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 08:58 PM   #7  

Just an FYI, they are introducing about 20 Optavia flavors that are MF re-makes. Available on Monday Feb 20 to order. Glad I waited to re-order for the new stuff! I can't wait for oatmeal that I love to be made into Optavia style.
Old 02-19-2017, 08:20 AM   #8  
NOOM user

S/C/G: 300/230.6/170

Height: 5'4

Sidrah, I saw the announcement on Facebook. Makes me wish I was a TSFL member because I like the idea of clean versions of Medifast. I'm wondering if they're just going to release it to both groups or if they're sticking with the old formula for Medifast? Should be interesting.

Cheers,
Laura
LauraRVA42011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 10:17 PM   #9  

From what I understand, these are going to Optavia in new formulation and then they are slowly easing out of MF and going to full Optavia products eventually. Lots will stay the same product in name, but will be slightly re-formulated to meet Optavia standards. I want to get more clarification on what the difference between these 2 things are, though: OPTAVIA™ Essential Fuelings and OPTAVIA™ Select Fuelings. I guess we will know more Monday!!

OPTAVIA™ Silky Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chip Bar
OPTAVIA™ Decadent Double Chocolate Brownie
OPTAVIA™ Cinnamon Cream Cheese Swirl Cake
OPTAVIA™ Coconut Curry Bar
OPTAVIA™ Rustic Tomato Herb Penne

Below is a list of the 20 newly reformulated OPTAVIA™ Fuelings that were launched at Go Global:

Product Name
Campfire S’mores Crisp Bar
Caramel Delight Crisp Bar
Chocolate Mint Cookie Crisp Bar
Cranberry Honey Nut Granola Bar
Creamy Chocolate Shake
Creamy Vanilla Shake
Decadent Double Chocolate Brownie
Drizzled Chocolate Fudge Crisp Bar
Frosted Cinnamon Spice Crisp Bar
Frosted Cookie Dough Bar
Golden Chocolate Chip Pancakes
Golden Pancakes
Old Fashioned Maple & Brown Sugar Oatmeal
Orchard Apple & Cinnamon Spiced Oatmeal
Raisin Oat Cinnamon Crisp Bar
Roasted Garlic Creamy Smashed Potatoes
Rustic Tomato Herb Penne
Silky Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chip Bar
Sour Cream & Chive Smashed Potatoes
Wild Strawberry Shake
Old 02-20-2017, 01:24 PM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidrah View Post

Orchard Apple & Cinnamon Spiced Oatmeal
haha, this made me laugh... they went with "orchard" instead of "barnyard"! hehe.

The names of the new products make them sound so tasty! I would love to try them!
StephGetsHealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 12:54 AM   #11  
Get the fat outta here!

S/C/G: 313/163/163

I have found that everyones tastebuds are SO different, you just have to try a little bit of everything and see what you like. I see a lot of people love the oatmeals - personally I couldn't stomach them. So, try them and see what your thoughts are :-)
Even if it ends up that you only like 3-4 items, since they all have the same nutritional value, just stick with those items! I know a gal who ONLY ate the brownies. 5 brownies a day! It's what she loved, so she made it work for her
MoMo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 10:24 PM   #12  

This actually makes me a little sad. It's taken me 12 weeks to find a set of MF products that I like and can eat consistently, and now they switch over. :-(. Can someone in TSFL try each new one and give a full report? I'm generally NOT a fan of the Optavia products, so...

I'd much rather eat yummy "fake" products than yucko "healthy" as long as the results are the same. Anyone know when the phase out will occur? I might need to order 6+ months worth!!
Old 02-28-2017, 11:20 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 210/210/ 160

Height: 5'8.5 (.5 very important)

Talking "Honeymoon Phase"

Hi Everyone,

Unofficially started Medifast yesterday,,,,until I went thought the Arby's drive thru but today....is actually Day 1.

Have eaten several items so far, and REALLY enjoyed them The chili cheese puffs, the smores bar, the mashed potatoes and the mustard pretzels. I am not carrying 50 extra pound because I am a picky eater...that's for sure!!

I know it is going to be a journey of ups and downs; wondering if anyone else is just starting too? While all the posters on here seem friendly...it would be find to find someone who is just getting started as well.

Thank you to all you wonderful people who share your comments, tips and stories. This board is such a wonderful place to come and hang out to be inspired.
Momofsclg is offline   Reply With Quote