Old 01-01-2017, 02:51 AM   #1  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Default The Worldly Chicks - Doing it Clean in 2017

ladies

By now I think we have crossed enough time zones to cover the entire lot of us and we all have one foot in 2017.

I must admit I borrowed the phrase "Clean in 2017" from one of the broadcasters on TV this evening. Seems to fit as we are all talking about goals to purge the junk in our lives and off our bodies this new year.

I'm sleepy so just going to do minimal housekeeping here. Will be back tomorrow to reiterate my goals for the new year.

A happy, healthy and prosperous one to all of us.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 02:55 AM   #2  
Choose your hard

In case you want to toggle back to the previous thread to catch up December's Thread
Old 01-01-2017, 02:57 AM   #3  
Choose your hard

Here's to hoping that 2 shots of amaretto will do me better in the sleep department than sleep aids and pain meds. Good night all, catch up with you in the morning. Or when the sun rises.
Old 01-01-2017, 05:24 PM   #4  

Height: 5'7"

Happy New Year!

Happyhanks for setting up the new thread.

How did you sleep with the shot of amaretto?

We had a lovely New Years Eve dinner with family and friends. Then hung out with the nieces until midnight then home to bed.

Church this morning and then a nap for me this afternoon. We have a birthday dinner to attend this evening forna freind at our local Mexican resturant.

That is about it from here. I have been using my recumbent bike for about a week now. Only missed the day we went to Cleveland.

That is about it from here. See you all tomorrow.
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 09:27 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Happy
Thanks for setting up the new thread. I like the title clean in 2017 Have you been sleeping better?

Susie
Sounds like you had a fun evening also. Good job in riding the bike last week.

Last edited by ceejay52; 01-01-2017 at 09:36 PM.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 05:31 PM   #6  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
And Happy New Year to all of you here, those who lurk, and everyone else on 3FC.

We finally had rain after a week of scorching hot temperatures and high humidity. Today should only reach a top of 27 which will be very pleasant indeed. It's 25 now and very pleasant indoors although somewhat humid out there. Dog is really enjoying the mud puddles and water on the driveway and I see my floor is now sporting some very big paw prints in a sort of mud colour. Oh well I guess the floor will clean.

I had to take the old cat to the vet this week. She apparently has a thyroid problem and is now on tablets for this. She is also very thin and the vet thinks there may be a kidney problem. So now I have to give her tablets. The vet gave me a pill popper and this has proved very effective so far. Naturally enough she doesn't like the pill but at least with the popper I can get them far enough back in the throat that she doesn't spit them out.

I bought myself a new tool the other day. It's a multi purpose tool that will do things like cut plasterboard and light metal stuff and I have now cut out the hole in the wall where the plasterboard was broken and today hopefully, I will get to put the new bit of board in to patch up the wall. Then I can get on with sanding and redecorating that room. I'd like to have it finished before I go into hospital because I won't be allowed to lift much after that for 6 weeks or so. Not looking forward to sanding the ceiling. That's a painful job but it has to be done - the original painter was very sloppy and watered down his paint and if I don't sand, then the new paint will peel off. Grrrr. Still not sure what colours to go with but it doesn't have to be a rushed decision - yet!

Happy - thanks for starting up the new thread. I agree we really don't need a month by month session any more. We can make a decision on quarterly, or whatever when we see how many pages we have for that period of time.
Did the amaretto do the job? I often find that when I have alcohol in the evening, it interferes with sleep. Don't know why.

Ceejay - From the photos on facebook, you have been having some family fun over the Christmas period. Good to see. You need to change you location too. You aren't in Arkansas any more.

Susie - Good for you using the bike again. Good goal. Sounds like you've been having fun with friends over the Christmas period as well. Good work. How was the Mexican restaurant? I like most Mexican food but can't take the very hot chili stuff. I'm a wuss with hot chili. Never quite sure how to spell chili. Is it Chilli or Chili. I know it isn't Chile which is pronounced the same and it isn't chilly - at least not where I am standing. The English language has a lot of unanswered questions.

My goals for the year are more or less the same as previously.
1. Eat less
2. Move more
3. Get my life up to date and keep it there.

That's about it really. So with that I will leave you to it. Have a fun day.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 06:50 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Shad
Busy with the projects again. I wish I were that talented. I'm waiting till spring to paint the indoors. Every room and closet needs painting. Told my sis I could do that much. May take me awhile though.

--------------
Went to the gym this morning. It was super crowded. I saw people registering so it must be an influx of new year resolutions. Completed 30 minutes on the treadmill and 20 on the bike. Think I will try tomorrow after lunch and see if the crowd is down.
I did have a good time last week with the family. My niece from Maryland was here.
I inherited a chair this week end which my sister didn't want and was in her way. It's a dark leopard print and fit's perfectly with my bedroom colors. She's getting ready to redo her master bedroom and bathroom at their house.
My sis from Texas called this morning.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 07:57 PM   #8  

Evening all. Quick hello. Thank you Happy for setting up our thread. Happy new year to you all! Some wonderful sentiments from you ladies - thank you for being here and for your friendship & support. I wish everyone a wonderful 2017.

Be back tomorrow to catch up. Have a good evening everyone.

Last edited by Laura705; 01-02-2017 at 07:58 PM.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 10:04 PM   #9  

Height: 5'7"

Today is my last day of vacation. I have so enjoyed the time off. I am telling myself only 4 days until the weekend.

I did't leave the house at all today. I deeply cleaned the exercise room, did two loads of laundry, did my workout, planned a program for TOPS Thursday night.

Read the material to our new Insta Pot that DH got from my brother and his partner. DH wanted one to help get meals made during the week. We looked over the instructions and are deciding on what we will make in it first. I had no idea what this apparatus was but my brother has one and says it has been a big difference in them eating healthier and at home more. It works like a pressure cooker I guess. You can also use it like a slow cooker as well from what I read. I will let you know how it turns out.
I am about to go to bed so I will post more tomorrow.
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 02:06 AM   #10  
Choose your hard

Good evening or is it good morning as the clock has just ticked over to a new day?

I am trying to stay on track to be productive. One of the things I am doing is taking before pictures of the clutter hotspots. Let me tell you, in some cases I am embarassed at the mess. Poor DH is a saint for putting up with it. Then again, he contributes his share too. Once finished cleaning I will take an after picture to not only show progress but keep myself motivated. I am trying to undo some VERY ingrained habits here ladies.

HAH - I was going to take a Melatonin tablet to help me sleep. Had it right here on the desk and I don't see it now, guess that means I absentmindedly took it! I have enough pain meds for 30 nights. Didn't take anything the last 2 nights. Woke up feeling badly in the middle of the night but I am going to hoard those for really bad times and just told myself to go back to sleep. I find if I cocoon myself into the recliner with my iPOD with the sleep CD, I can generally get to sleep. It's just that I am wearing out the chair more quickly and it's not the best support either. Guess you have to go with what works, right?

Poor Meadow the cat. She has a fleshy tumor on the base of her tail which will be surgically removed tomorrow. Since she is diabetic, they needed to give her some fluids prior to surgery. They did this Friday when DH did the snatch and grab. And today. Except today she was already wary of us - darn if those cats can't sense "the vet". Poor thing got chased around the house but DH was able to corner her fairly quickly as we have learned to close all the doors up and down. When he took her to the vet they suggested keeping her overnight so as to reduce the trauma of grabbing her again Tuesday morning and trotting her back in. DH agreed. It's just that we feel so badly. The vet people are great but they are in metal kennels - DH dropped off a small cat blanket for her to rest on even though fortunately she is a hot box and prefers a cooler environment. I just feel awful for her kenneled all day and tomorrow she will be all sore. I will give up my bed if she wants to hide and recuperate. I wish they could understand that we only want them to be in good health.

I did get a couple of hot spots worked on today. And I'm feeling good about it. Was nice to be home for an extended period so I could focus on things. I guess it's kind of like you guys being on vacation and getting alot accomplished around the house! Most of this week I am home, the circus starts up again next week.

Susie - sounds like you had a VERY productive week off. Good for you for getting so much done. I bought an Instant Pot a couple of months ago. I mostly use it for pressure cooking - it does a fabulous job on tougher cuts of meat. I have not used it for slow cooking. I am really pleased with it. BUT it takes a bit of time to get used to and can be very confusing. There are several Facebook groups that offer suggestions and recipes. Just type in Instant Pot in Facebook.

While it can be faster to cook - you can make amazing fall off the bone ribs in about 90 minutes - what they don't explain too well is the actual cook time from start to finish. For example, I often start with browning meat. It takes about 10 minutes for the pot to come to a sear heat for sauteing. And then 10 to 15 minutes to sear the meat I am cooking. So there's 25 minutes. Then once seared I add whatever vegetables and seasonings and liquid to the pot and put the pressure lid on and lock it as well as setting the cooking time - generally about 35 minutes. You must have at least 1/2 cup of liquid in order to make enough steam for the pot to come up to pressure and cook. Ok, so lid is on - well it takes about 20 minutes to come up to pressure - you'll know because the little valve will close. Only THEN does it start counting down the time to cook (35 minutes). So that took close to an hour. THEN once the cook time winds down, you have to wait for the pressure to come down because you can't open the lid until it depressurizes. You can wait for the pot to naturally depressurize - about 20 minutes or you can switch the valve on the pot to manually release the pressure - about 5 minutes. So the point is that your 35 minute cook actually takes about 90 minutes in total. So it can be kind of deceptive but still I love it and use it quite a bit. I made beef stroganoff, steak and peppers, ribs, pot roast, whole bone in pork roast and my favorite quickie meal is shredded Mexican chicken eaten in soft taco shells. That one is so easy - chicken breasts, can of Rotel tomatoes, some fresh onion and bell peppers and it makes a nice sauce too. There is an inner rubber ring/gasket that unfortunately will pick up food odors. Some people buy an extra ring and use one for savory dishes and one for sweet dishes but I don't cook desserts in my pot and the ring may smell like Mexican tacos but it does not transfer any taste for when I make roasts or ribs. I would not use the pressure cooker for mushy foods or tender cuts like prime rib steak. You can make soups but never fill the pot above 2/3 full if you are using the pressure cooker to make the soup as there needs to be an air pocket for steam and pressure - otherwise it leaks out of the valve and you have a mess. You can use the slow cooker option for soups if you like and fill it to the top. It does make perfect foolproof 6 minute hard boiled eggs. Hope you enjoy it, I will help if you have questions.

Laura - Happy New Year. Enjoy the warmer weather than we have right now even if rain is coming in your way.

Ceejay - great score on the new chair! We've been in this house 5 years now and still haven't gotten all the painting done. You have time... Yep, the first of the new year is the worst for the gym - well not the gym owners of course Everyone is motivated. It will quiet down in a few weeks and you will see who is serious about working out.

Shad - glad you got some long awaited and needed rain. I hope it's enough to soak into the ground and not run off to the streets. Poor Miss Sunday the Cat is getting on in years (like us). I imagine under that thick coat it's a surprise to discover she is thinning out. Good luck with the pill popper - never fun to give a pet pills. It figures that you would buy yourself a new toy and it would be something to build and fix DH could use a wife like you I hope you get to "enjoy" it. Always something going on in the renovations at your house. I admire your fortitude. Did the amaretto do it's job you ask? I think so. I woke up at 5am and told myself I wasn't taking any pills so just go back to sleep and I did. Wine or a liquor drink will make me sleepy but often at 8pm - not enough for a good night's sleep, but enough to take a nap at an inappropriate time

I think the melatonin I forgot I took is kicking in. Yawning like mad and my eyes are tearing so I'm going to sign off for now.

Hellos to Annie, Dee, Michelle. Not sure if I will post in the morning - I have a few things to do before I get ready for the thrift shop shift. Might just have time to browse. 'night all.
Old 01-03-2017, 08:37 AM   #11  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL! 2017 has to be better than 2016 was, bleh on 2016.

Let's see...Samantha and I took the tree down on Friday. THe kids "helped" take the ornaments off the tree. Jacob threw all the candy canes that were broken in the trash, as they are no longer good???. lol. Got all the needles swept up. Also got the back porch swept off from where we dragged the tree out and the house dusted. We will burn the tree in the pit in the spring as we did last year. That took the majority of the morning and early afternoon as we were doing laundry and bed sheets all the while.

Saturday was meeting where I accepted the position as intergroup representative for my home group (AA). I need to do a bit of service work to keep my sanity and sobriety. This group meets once a month, we gather all the information for events coming to the mid-state area and take it back to our home group. I am actually looking forward to this. It is a one year position and altho I am not good at commitments, I sorta, kinda have to be committed. Not like exercising- I do know I will get to meet fellow AAs and it should be interesting. Went to the grocery after and got a very few things, paper towels, t-paper, and me a couple of oranges since I have been craving them ever since HAPPY posted about her citrus. Bought several cheese blocks and some summer sausage to make a tray to take to my nephews which was absolutely wonderful. I ate enough crab, shrimp, walleye and crappie for 4 people. Had to pass on the mussels, they are disgusting in my books. We stayed at Hampton Inn that night. All they had was feather/down pillows so C and I both woke up with itchy eyes and funky noses. Drove home, C went to work, I went to the grocery to get a pound of fresh ground beef as he wanted grilled cheeseburgers for dinner. (like there was not enough leftovers to choose from). Yesterday, Sam and I took the kids to see "SING". The best parts are on the commercials. It was rather long and drawn out. 1 hour 45 minutes. The songs were good.

Back to work this morning, boss called to say he will not be in as he is taking his wife to her colonoscopy. In-house vacation, I wish, more like catch up and get going for 2017.

Learned the new treatment for Hep C that cures it costs around 80 grand for the 12 week treatment. Looks as tho I may die from it. ;( Don't have that kind of money laying around. Must hit the lottery, must hit the lottery. New Mantra!

A gal in the office and I are starting a WL challenge today. We weighed in this morning. I was 189.8, only up 1.8 lbs from my lowest. She was at 202.8 (altho shorter, 5 ft. 3 in) We are shooting for 12-15 lbs by March 31st. I think that is doable for both of us. She is an exerciser, walker and stair user. If we both lose said amount then we are cool. Whomever does not meet goal has to get the other one a 20$ gift card from somewhere, not food. Then we are shooting for another 12-15 lbs by June 1st with the same pay off.

Going to post and come back for personals...
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 08:57 AM   #12  
Annie - Indiana

HAPPY...Thank you for starting the new thread....I agree quarterly threads are ok by me. Maybe label them Q1-blah blah blah....aww, you are welcome for your special mail delivery. Poor Meadow. She will do fine I am sure. When it is our babies our hearts hurt. I get cha on that one. Yes might as well let her in your bed as you are not using it. haha. I love my recliner, btw. It is so comfy for the most part. My DS likes it too, sometimes he sleeps in it when he stays. I am grounding you sister. You are only allowed two days out a week at the most. Stay home and do HAPPY stuff. Like rest. Happy, you may dirty an additional pan, but I pan sear my meat before putting it in the pressure cooker. Saves a bit of time. Also let the liquid start heating in the pressure cooker while I am pan searing, saves a bit of cooker time.

SHADDIE...hot and steamy weather sounds better than this cold/snowy/icy junk we are having. We were at 57 deg yesterday and 51 today, tomorrow 26. No wonder people are sick all the time. Indiana weather. bleh. ODDU likes to play in the mud just like Bruno<---Sam's dog. He is a complete mess when he comes in. He does wait by the door for his feet to be washed off. Poor Sunday, hope she adjusts to her meds and gets to feeling better. I guess if we don't talk about our human health issues we can talk about our pets in old age. haha.

SUSIE....hope you enjoy your Insta Pot. I love my pressure cooker. I have had it since my first marriage. It was one of the gifts my parents got us for our wedding, so it is about 34 years old. Still going strong, used it over the weekend. Your NYE sounded very nice. LIve BB games are so much fun as are live hockey games. May try to get to a hockey game before the season is over.

CEEG...you sure are getting to enjoy family more now that you live closer. That is great. Did the cabinets get installed? C said his bread sells will be down for a few weeks into January until everyone falls off their NYs diets, had to laugh but it reminded my of your gym and all the newcomers.

Hi to everyone, Love and hugs.
Old 01-03-2017, 10:12 AM   #13  
Annie - Indiana

Whew Whoooooooooooooooooo, just got my liver specialist appt moved up to this Friday, January 6 at 2:30 pm......We shall see what can be done and for little money. bah
Old 01-03-2017, 11:37 AM   #14  
Choose your hard

Good morning chickies,

Keep getting phone calls from "Unassigned" number in Minnesota. They call all hours of the day and night. Need to find out how to block them. Called at 8am today. They never leave a message so we know it's a spam call. Sure are getting a rash of them lately - I guess DO NOT CALL has died like so many other things.

The melatonin seemed to work. I was really sleepy when I signed off last night and pretty much slept through the night in bed. Woke up around 3 and was chilly so I put on socks and grabbed a warmer blanket. Then I woke up at 5 and was too hot so I pulled off the socks and stuck my feet out of the warmer blanket to cool off. I can deal with this as long as I fall back asleep again and don't wake up bug eyed after a potty run. It just that when I take anything to help me sleep, I wake up at 9 or 10 and I am still sluggish - could sleep til noon if I didn't force myself up.

Am sneezing my nose off - don't feel stuffy like a have a cold, just dry sneezes. I was going to blame the cat - abundance of cat hair on my laptop after Nina parks herself on it. But I am sneezing all over the house so I'm blaming cleaning for it.

Going to be 20 degrees out - comfortably mild for winter here but tonight there is a cold front moving in. Single digit to minuses again. Brrr. I may skip the hot tub until this passes on Sunday. I have to do extra work to warm up the room before I go in the tub and clean it afterwards so that ice doesn't form inside when things cool off again. But only when it's frigid cold out. I enjoy the hot tub immensely - go in for about 20 minutes five days a week. I think it is giving me a bit of inflammation in the operated knee and I think about putting an ice pack on it when I wake up in the morning but I never seem to do it. It just "pulls" a bit on my scar so I can tell there is more fluid in there but doesn't give me intense enough pain to really do anything about it.

Annie - I do hope and pray that they can find you a cost effective COST EFFECTIVE treatment for the Hep-C. Geez, you pay insurance up the whazootie and still get stuck with a bulk bill. I'd say see what the liver doc advises and then talk to your insurance company. Then if you still are on the hook for a big bill, talk to the doctors again to see if you can do something to help reduce the bill. Up here where people don't have alot of money or insurance, the doctors and dentists are willing to work with people much more than I ever noticed in the cities. You should not have to refuse treatment and heaven forbid die because you can't afford it. (although sometimes I think that is the master plan to reduce over population... ) So you have one of those loveable but SCARY MARY old time pressure cookers???? I was always afraid of the cover flying off - ie the one my mom has. Presto pressure cookers - weigh a ton, made of aluminum so you get dementia/alzheimers later in life. I hear you on the sear in a separate pot BUT I am a big proponent of the little bits of seared food in the bottom of the pan makes for excellent flavoring of the dish so I try to sear and cook in the same pot where ever possible. But you are right, I could sear in one as the Instant Pot was coming to temp which could save some time. Thank you for grounding me girlfriend but that is not going to work. So far at least the first quarter of the year I am going to be busier than ever. I will cut down on the volunteer stuff to one night bingo, one day thrift shop and one day at the shelter (going to get back in the game on using the shelter management software). But the major activities are exercise - tai chi twice a week, yoga once a week and to the pool once a week and the gym twice. That's going to be the hardest - I won't want to go out and I NEED to. I am not shooting for a specific weight loss goal this time because I get wrapped up in that and if I am not loosing fast I get discouraged. I will settle for continuous weight loss each week - even if only 1/2 pound. By my 40th wedding anniversary March 5 I am hoping to be down 15 pounds which will put me at a number (which I am not comfortable sharing quite yet) - a number I have not seen in over 15 years. I like your plan with your diet buddy - totally do able and fun also. We can be buddies too and all help each other along the way.

That's funny that C says bread sales will be down for the next few weeks as everyone jumps on the diet bandwagon. I guess that's true. Lots of diets - WW, low carb, Whole 30 - can't think of any of the popular ones that allow for bread.

Ok, well I need to change out the sheets I washed yesterday and maybe pick up a few things before I get ready to head off to the shop. Have a good day ladies, will catch up later.

Last edited by happy2bme; 01-03-2017 at 11:38 AM.
Old 01-03-2017, 12:45 PM   #15  

Morning all.

Gosh, except for my quick post last night, I haven’t posted since NYE.

Susie
Good for you getting the Christmas decorations down and put away. I’m going to do that little by little this week. Happy belated birthday to your DH. Sounds like you both received some nice Christmas gifts that will make your life a bit easier - the shredder and the Instant Pot. We’ve got a good shredder and it’s even supposed to shred credit cards, but I’m scared to use it for them. I’m looking forward to hearing how the Instant Pot works out for you. Good plan devoting your January weekends to the decluttering project. It’s like anything else – if you want to get it done, allot the time & put it in the calendar.

Happy
It’s nice you got out for a nice dinner and casino time – I’m always saying I want to stay home, but ultimately I get cabin fever and need to go out just to get out of the house. Look at you with all those exercise plans – yoga, tai chi, the pool. At least you won’t get bored! At least by using the NuStep at the gym, you'll certainly be sure that you want it when the time comes to actually buy one! ==Congrats on being 14 pounds down from this time last year!!! Great job! Can’t blame you for not starting the year right off with a weight loss effort when the town challenge doesn’t begin until the 9th… Sounds like you used to have the same home office setup that we have now – tack board, overhead cabinets. We also have lateral file cabinets and desk drawers with laminate counters on top of them for work surfaces. Plenty of storage room…if we were only organized about it and if only I didn’t keep so much paper!! My goal this year is to get that under control and have the home office looking as good as it did right after we initially installed it all – “clean in ‘17”. I do have the “after” photos of the home office re-do – I should keep those handy to inspire me just like you’re doing with your clutter hotspots. === Poor Meadow. So stressful for her, but I hope the surgery goes well and she is soon at home hiding out and recovering. == The shredded Mexican chicken sounds good. I could do that recipe in the crock pot, I’m sure… === Hey, glad the melatonin helped you sleep. Hope you can get into a good sleep groove.

Shad
How is the cat doing on the pills? Good luck with getting the work you’re doing on the walls and ceiling finished before your surgery. You’ll have to let me know how the drywall patching goes. When bf did the half bath re-do, he removed our old-fashioned soap and TP holders, which left square openings in the walls to patch. Instead of patching with pieces of drywall, he found something equivalent to a bandaid or a patch for clothing. That’s all well and good if you didn’t want to ever install anything in those spots using screws or nails... So now our TP holder is in an odd spot, and the medicine cabinet (and the light fixture above it) are installed above the patches, much higher than they should be. For Pete’s sake…won't I ever learn - if you want it done right, do it yourself, or pay someone to hopefully do it right. == Yup, my goals for 2017 also include eat less and move more.

Ceejay
Good to do the painting in the spring when you can open the windows and not inhale paint fumes. Well, now they have the environmentally friendly kind of paint too… You know what – we've painted all the rooms in the house, but never the closets. Guess that’s a job that’s on the list when there’s time, energy and the desire to do it. Hmmm, but will those three things ever overlap?? == I imagine the weekdays mid-morning and mid-afternoon will be quieter at the gym than before the before work, lunchtime, and after work periods.

Annie
LOL re the broken candy canes no longer being good…maybe not as decorations, I guess. Good for you taking a position as your group rep. I’m sure it’ll not only be a good commitment for the group, it’ll make you more committed to yourself as regards the program and your sobriety. I heard that the movie “Sing” was longer than it needed to be… uh, it’s a kids movie and even for non-kids, longer is not better for movies! == My boss isn’t in today either – staying home with a “killer cold”, as he termed it. I'll be taking next Monday off work to take bf to his colonoscopy. == Yay for the dr appointment being moved up to Friday! Yikes, that Hep C cure is expensive – wonder if insurance covers it. == Good luck to you with your WL challenge!! I should be joining the one that someone at work is organizing, but I don’t want to. So I’ll have to figure out some other way to motivate myself to lose weight by the time my cruise comes around in April. == If I’d known my mom was getting rid of her old school pressure cooker, I'd have taken it. But nope, found out she disposed of it a couple years ago in a super-secret way so as to prevent a wanna-be terrorist from using it to make a bomb. The things you need to think of these days…

--

My weekend was nice. I ended up watching three movies – “10 Cloverfield Lane” on NYE, “The Fits” on Sunday, and “The Nice Guys” last night. All were good, though “The Fits” had one of those vague endings you’re left to interpret yourself. I enjoyed “The Nice Guys” the most – it was funny and I thought Ryan Gosling and Russell Crowe were good together. I still have three more movies checked out and was able to renew two of them. We’ll see if I end up watching them before they have to go back to the library.

Yesterday bf and I booked our flights to Florida for our cruise/Key West trip. We looked at some KW b&b’s but haven’t booked anything yet. My friend D. felt the need to schedule another lunch in a few weeks to discuss our vacay plans – not sure why, everything is almost all booked. Whatever.

I also registered for my Pilates class yesterday, and that class starts tomorrow. It’ll be good to move again. I did a BE workout yesterday morning.

Off to post. Have a good day everyone.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote