Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-28-2004, 08:49 PM   #1  

Wink Dieting in West Virginia

Dieting in West Virginia

Hello!

I am hoping to find others who are from West Virginia or some connection to the Mountain State.

I hope we can support each other on our journey no matter what kind diet you are using. :

I will look forward to hearing from others dieting and getting healthy here in West Viginia!

Sunnyday
sunnyday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2004, 11:19 PM   #2  

Hi! I live in the north central region of west virginia! i've been trying to diet for ever it seems and in the last two years have put on weight and now i'm at my heaviest. however i've started going to curves and trying to follow ww without going to meetings ( i have all the info and books from when i went to meetings before). i have a lot of trouble journaling, but i love going to curves!

Marie :-)
stillsmiling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2004, 11:36 PM   #3  
Bound and Determined

S/C/G: 268/268/150

Height: 5'10"

I, too, am in the north-central region of WV. I'd love to have a diet buddy, online or otherwise, to hold me accountable! This website has been great for me so far, but it never hurts to have even more support!
~Elisha
miss_elisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2004, 04:57 PM   #4  

Wow

What can I say? Iam thrilled to have dieting buddies here in West Virginia!

:

I grew up in the North centeral part of the state. Close to Clarksburg. I now live close to Huntington.

I am full of questions!

I have come to this web site for a couple of years off and on. Since I did a diet profile on line and found out I was (that is WAS) considered obease.

I have lost about 30 pounds since last October. I started on a Sunday. I am still carrying the church bulletin in my purse as a reminder/good luck sort of thing.

I have found the chat room here at 3 fat chicks to be really helpful. I feel better about talking about my weight problems there rather than in front of people some of whom I know at a ww meeting.

The ww program is really good. Low fat and I liked their advice about exercise. So I am with you Stillsmiling....I am doing the program sort of without the meetings or paying.

What is your goal Stillsmiling? Mine is 170 Although I should have the same goal as Miss Elisha.

Hope to hear from you again!

By the way....Wasn't the weather great Sunday!

I think French Creek Freddie was wrong.

Sunny!
Old 03-01-2004, 07:52 PM   #5  

All I have to say if you all are as nice as Sunnyday then I will definately have to visit West Virgina one day.

I hope you all give each other the local support you need!!!
Trixi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2004, 08:56 PM   #6  

Oh Trixi!

We are nice in West Virginia....it is "almost heaven" lol
We do have lots to do here. Mountain biking and hiking trails/skiing and snow tubing
We have 4 and 5 star resorts, and lots of county fairs and festivals. Where you can get a pickle on a stick.

Sunny
Old 03-02-2004, 04:21 PM   #7  

Hello:

Today is sunny and a great spring day. We are home for a quick bite of dinner. I am making stir fry peppers/onions and beef with noodles.

Work was crazy today. You would think it was a full moon!
Old 03-03-2004, 04:49 PM   #8  

Hey!
:-)
I live in Morgantown. it has been really nice here lately, but now were are going to be getting rain. better than snow! my goal is to lose down to about 125 to 130 pounds. i'm only 5'3 and 201 pounds now. i think that will be a nice weight for me. my sister weighs about that and is only slightly taller than i am and she has a nice figure, not too skinny. its also were i need to be to be in a healthy BMI range and to lower my cholesterol. i've been going t curves at least 3 times a week, i just need to get my eating under control, eat healthier. its so hard though. but i am determined to do it!!
hope to talk to all of you soon!
Marie
Old 03-03-2004, 05:09 PM   #9  

Hi Still Smiling:

I graduated from WVU. As a matter of fact we were up there in the snow for the last WVU home football game. Cold...but still fun.

I want to lose down to 160 or even 170 I am about 178. But ww says I should weigh
about 150. I am so happy that my clothes fit pretty good.

I have been walking. Did I mention that my son my son is raising lambs for the county fair? We live out in the country on about 7 acres. The lambs have to be walked. It is not something you can skip like riding the exercise bike. We started about a year ago with one lamb. We walked it almost everyday. But I did not diet. Then last fall I started dieting...I think the exercise is the key. I think I speeded up my matoblism first then started dieting.

Right now I need to go feed and walk the sheep. We sold the market lamb. But we kept the one becuse that project is called a purebred sheep project. ... Althought she never was bred last fall. Opps.

I had a good day at work. I think I will take a nap before I go out to feed.
It is raining here too.
Old 03-04-2004, 07:28 PM   #10  

What a day! But one day closer to the weekend.

We have had such spring weather! But the kids act accordingly. They all act as if school is over!. I just want to say hey get back to work.

Dieting was OK today. Definitly seem to be staying OP. But do not seem to be losing. I am hoping if I keep up with the exercise that at some point I will begin to lose again. hummm

Just think....if I can stay on program....anyone can.

Sunny (even in the rain)
Old 03-05-2004, 05:05 PM   #11  

TGIF

The weather is great. Very windy. I tend to eat more on Friday's but I have not fell off the wagon yet.

It is only 5:00 and already I have been outside walking and swept the kitchen. Now I need to go find something to make for dinner. Something low fat I hope.

I am looking forward to the weekend eventhough dieting is harder when I am not at work.

sunnyday
Old 03-06-2004, 07:31 PM   #12  

Today was a day of shopping. But managed to get in a good walk when I got home. Unfortunately it was also a day of eating out.
I feel like a stuffed toad.

Sunny
Old 03-07-2004, 07:49 PM   #13  

Windy and getting colder here in WestVirginia

I got my walk in today. I over ate but that seems to be par for the course for the weekend. Looking forward to going to work tomorrow so I can be back on program.

Hope you all have a great week.
I am going to continue to post here to keep the thread active. West Virginia and Appalachia has such a problem with being overweight perhaps I can be of some small help to some one.
Old 03-08-2004, 08:41 PM   #14  

Today was an eat all day day.

I feel like I ate too much. But I think that I was not too far off my diet.
Old 03-08-2004, 10:15 PM   #15  

Hi!
I think its great to keep chatting. WV does have a weight problem, not much different from the rest of the us though. its been cold and snowy here too, i thought that we were done with this weather!
i havent been doing too bad on my diet, but i could be doing better! a lot has been going on and has been hectic so eating what you can grab tends to be the way it goes.
talk to ya soon,
Marie