Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2004, 02:38 PM   #1  
Baby Steps

Default Armpit smell

Ok. A few of you've been aware that I've become a smelly person It's actually bothering ME quite a bit but I've yet to have someone actually come up to me and tell me I stink (maybe I don't but I just think I do?). Anyway, I emailed the question to Atkins to find out WHY this could be happening. This is my question and then their response:

I've started Atkins on 1/3/04 and have been taking the Atkins Basic3 and the Atkins Dieter's Advantage. I drink at least 64 oz of water a day but I'm pretty bad at the fact that I don't exercise like I should. My question is: Ever since starting Atkins my armpits have been the WORST smelling ever. I've never had them smell even when I was a teen and running around and didn't use deoderant. Is this normal? Could it be because of the Atkins vitamins/appetite control stuff reacting differently to me? I'm not going to quit Atkins just because of this but I'd like to know if you've run across this happening before--and if so what the cause was.
So far the only way to get rid of it is to wash my armpits a couple times a day. Just re-applying deoderant/anti-persperant doesn't help. I've even tried changing the brands I use.
Thanks

Thank you for your inquiry.

When you burn fat on any weight loss program, the body will release stored toxins in adipose (fat) tissue. The effect is not as profound as when fasting but nonetheless is present during lipolysis/ketosis. Drinking lots of water will help dilute and flush the toxins from your system, and taking essential fatty acid supplements and a good multi-vitamin and mineral should help diminish symptoms associated with toxin release. It actually improves overall health to remove such impurities from the body.

We trust you will find this information helpful. If you have additional questions regarding the Atkins Nutritional Approach, please feel free to e-mail us again, or contact our Atkins Information Agents by phone at 1-800-6-ATKINS from 9am to 5pm EST. If you would like to place an order, our Ordering Department is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and on line for your convenience. If you are calling from outside the U.S. and Canada, please reach us at 1-800-757-5324.

We trust you will find this information helpful. If you have additional questions regarding the Atkins Nutritional Approach, please feel free to e-mail us again, or contact our Atkins Information Agents by phone at 1-800-6-ATKINS from 9am to 5pm EST. If you would like to place an order, our Ordering Department is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and on line for your convenience. If you are calling from outside the U.S. and Canada, please reach us at 1-800-757-5324.

Sincerely,
Pamela Ryan
Atkins Information Agent
Atkins Nutritionals, Inc.
1-800-6-ATKINS

Mandatory Medical Disclaimer
The instructions and advice presented in this email are in no way intended as medical advice or as a substitute for medical counseling. The information should be used in conjunction with the guidance and care of your physician. Consult your physician before beginning this program as you would any weight-loss or weight-maintenance program. Your physician should be aware of all medical conditions that you may have, as well as any medication and supplements you are taking. Those of you on diuretics or diabetes medication should proceed only under a doctor's supervision. As with any plan, the weight-loss phases of this nutritional plan should not be used by patients on dialysis or by pregnant or nursing women.
Old 02-27-2004, 02:41 PM   #2  
Head Princess

Hmmmmmmmmm. Did that answer your question?
Old 02-27-2004, 02:50 PM   #3  
Baby Steps

lol. Well, I'm hoping what they're telling me is that it's because I'm burning fat. So maybe I should be GLAD I'm a smelly person?
Old 02-27-2004, 02:51 PM   #4  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hey Brenda can I post that on the FAQ's thead ? if so, can you post it on a thread all by itself. If I link it from here you will lose the post.

Txs
Old 02-27-2004, 02:58 PM   #5  
Baby Steps

Sure, I posted in your FAQ Help-Need yours thread. Or do you want it totally seperate??
Old 02-27-2004, 03:30 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

welllllllllllllll you learn something new everyday.
cathy
Old 02-27-2004, 04:22 PM   #7  

LOL!!!

I guess that answers the "TOTALLY embarassing question" I posted a few days ago (and deleted later because I was too ashamed)

I guess the odor thing would apply to gas too
Old 02-27-2004, 06:13 PM   #8  
The Princess O' Pets

hahahahaha we are all such smelly gals, it is no wonder we are not divorced yet!! I have noticed my pits smelling a little more fragerant lately and so has my sister noticed hers!! Glad to say I am putting on deoderent a couple times a day because i am paranoid!! Also yes Hippy chick I am also pround to say that I can now keep up with my husband in the tooting dept!!!!! ROFL!!! Much to my families dismay!!
Old 02-27-2004, 06:37 PM   #9  
Head Princess

How screwy is it that now I feel left out because I never got stinky?

Watch out for asparagus pee, though! Phew!!!!
Old 02-28-2004, 09:48 AM   #10  
Baby Steps

omg. I just choked. asparagus pee?? I KNOW I'm not asking about THAT!!!!

I could keep up w/my dad BEFORE starting Atkins. I'm happy to say that's ONE thing I am no longer able to do. Then again, I think I'd rather toot than have smelly pits. Now it's got me thinking---ok, if they don't smell am I not going to be burning fat????
Old 02-28-2004, 10:22 AM   #11  
Mom, Queen of Everything

I'm like Star -- never had the odor problem, but the mega vitamin ritual has definitely led to "asparagus pee." Good God........I'm really hoping we're not scaring away any newbies !
Closed Thread