Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2004, 11:39 PM   #1  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

Default The Passion of the Christ

A must see! Here is a movie, like no other that you will ever see, that will change your life forever.
It was so powerful - I am compelled to share with this with you so that you may feel as blessed as I am.

Dana
Old 02-26-2004, 09:14 AM   #2  
Losing Again!

I've also seen the movie. I saw it on Monday night a special viewing with about 50 other youth directors and pastors from the community and surrounding area. I also saw it last night with a friend who I'd promised to go see it with.

It is indeed a graphic portrayl of Christ's last 12 hours. I grew up in the church and I had never thought of it in the way I saw it in the movie. I think that we have in general made it a neat and tidy thing...He suffered and died. But to see it, and hear it, and to know that it was done for me, because of my sins, definately powerful, humbling stuff.

It is definately not a show for kids to go to. Even for our middle schoolers, I'm telling parents that they should see it alone first, and then make the decision.
Old 02-26-2004, 11:19 AM   #3  
Gonna fly now!

S/C/G: 280/280/150

Height: 5'6

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts on the movie! I'm planning to see it this weekend. I know it will be difficult to watch, but like you said Dana, it will be a tremendous blessing. I feel in my heart that this film will really impact the world in a beautiful, positive way ~ I pray for that!
Old 02-26-2004, 12:02 PM   #4  

i haven't seen it either, but my 15 yr. old went with several youth groups in the area and saw it yesterday afternoon and from just the opinions of the kids i can tell that it is definately powerful and very compelling. i mean how many teenagers do you know that want to see a movie with subtitles? i can't wait to see it myself. hope to hear some other opinions on it.
Old 02-26-2004, 07:52 PM   #5  
missaprylj

I'm definetly going at some point, it is a MUST SEE for me.

Closed Thread