Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2004, 10:10 PM   #1  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Talking Chit Chat #32

Welcome everyone,

We are a group of ladies who support each other through all of life's ups & downs, not just weight loss.

Won't you join us?
Old 02-25-2004, 10:16 PM   #2  
One day at a time

Talking

Thought I would go ahead and start the new thread ladies since we were right at 50 posts on #31. See ya ladies tomorrow. I am going to go hang some pictures I think. It is the easiest thing to do
Old 02-26-2004, 12:31 AM   #3  

Height: 5'1"

Evening ladies--

Thought I would finally stop by and say hello!

I did pretty good with what I ate for dinner...well maybe not, but my portions were ok... I had half a cup of soup, pb&j sandwhich and a boiled egg. Then I had James make some more salsa and that's where it all went down hill!! I can't stop at 1, or at 2...5,,,,,11...20,,,,.ok.... I went a little overboard! Good stuff. Went to visit with Shanna today and she kept asking me if I ate today....sounded just like my mother!! (teasing you Shanna!)

I was going to take my camera with me to take photos of her scrapbook... and I forgot!! She's got some great pages!! I love her Hawaii page!! Creative gal!

Kat--So good to hear from you!! Awwww...new love!! How wonderful!! I'm happy for you! Always know a keeper when they accept you for who you are as is! And don't expect anything more. And congrats on the weight loss. I've been hanging on to mine like a life preserver....but some day I will set it free!! (hopefully)

Jana--I have to wait until she's 22 for her to not be embarrassed?? I don't think I will be able to wait that long!! She'll just have to deal with my ways!! I hope she doesn't have difficult teen years....only a few more years to go before she it's them!!

Angie--I was also one of those who watched 'big fax obnoxious fiance' some of those shows just pull me in...that one did. I liked the ending....did you realize he's on a commercial? I think for a Hungry Man dinner.....he was the one who said he had a water cressant tea sandwhich (or something like that) then get's blown away by a hair dryer.... I recognized him as soon as I saw him!!

Susan--Yep...still pondering ...actually I'm thinking more and more about it. I'm going to start some kind of routine on Monday. Walk around the neighborhood...may even drag my bike out and put the fender on the back....and just ride in the rain. The darn bike path is only blocks from my home!!!! I would use my taxes to buy shoes...but I have to pay this year!!!

Cristi--Tell me how the FT goes for you...I'm feeling pretty guilty for having Jana send me the list and I have yet to use it!! What is WRONG with me?? I feel like my head is full of things that I have to do and I can't keep up.......maybe someday....

Kayecee--Katie--Shanna---Hi to you girls.

Well I'm going to get off of here for the night...

You all take care...
Marti
Old 02-26-2004, 12:48 AM   #4  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Ok Susan
I wasn't really ignoring your comment about Home Depot...ok yes I was but the thing is...*sob I have been BANNED from there!!! WAAAAAAAA By Monte that is...Gawd the people there love me,,,cha ching$$$$ I seriously can't go in there for any time under 1/2 I walk up and down the isle looking drooling over the tools...get me in the wood section and Im like a child in a candy store. OOO and the tiles...*gasp and paint OMG I love paint. No working at home depot is worse then clothes. I know that Monte knows that and so why press the point right? A girl can handle the stress for so long. And I bet their discount isn't all that great.....

I am joking,,,kinda I applied at Staples...and will apply at Winners tomorrow.
I did have my lunch...was great. Was asked to step in and trouble shoot for Mikado (Japanese Musical) And asked to do Kiss me Kate. That would push me into May/June I want to keep my marriage...so I said no. *gulp
Rehearsal went well tonight...I kinda am not acting like a SM,,,more like a director...but hey they seem to no mind my butting in.
Voice lessons went well, we found out that Etta James is too deep for me,,,so I am trying to go like Ella Fitzgerald. WAY COOL!
Anyways today I went to the dollar store and bought a couple of small laundry baskets. Then to Superstore and bought chicken wings and other stuff.
I made the most awesomest wings ever! I used the crock pot for a bit...cooked it nicely,,,only added salt and pepper. Then after it was cooked,,,I mixed up peanut butter, soya sauce, brown sugar, and more spices. I used the juices from the chicken cause it was thick and then I brushed it on the wings...broiled them. Had noodles cooking,,,frozen broccoli and carrots and TA DA Dinner!
And I got some organizing done. All the counters are cleared off,,,cleaned Tanners room,,,rearanged it...bag of too small clothes gone. Dusting done...washed the floors...all I have left is folding one load of laundry and vaccuum...feeling good...now if I could just get the office cleaned.
Well night all...
Angie
Old 02-26-2004, 08:10 AM   #5  
GmaTo8

Hiya ladies,

Angie - hope you get one of the jobs you applied for. I totally understand about Home Depot. We have a Lowe's close by, and I just love to look at all the cabinets, wallpaper, valances, seasonal stuff, etc. Your chicken wings sound de-lish! Here I was afraid you were turning into a total couch potato, and look how busy you've been!

Susan - I also have the Dr. Phil book. I need to re-read it like Cristi is. One thing I learned when I read it was, I thought I was mainly an emotional eater, but nooooo, I am a Habitual eater as well. If you notice, he recommends all the types of foods that WW FT has.

Cristi - your lighthouse border sounds real nice, and just right for a guy's bathroom. About the crackers, I had graham crackers in the morning with 1 T. peanut butter for breakfast almost everyday (still do), and I used saltines with my salads once in awhile, but preferred to wrap stuff in a tortilla. I'm not real big on granola bars, so I had cereal as a snack - carried over from a meal. Did I tell you that I added 1 fruit, 1 protein and 1 dairy each day? It gave me a little extra to hold me over. But I needed to lose about 100 pounds. That may not be a good idea for you....

Marti - well, maybe 18 or 19 for when Jhanai to not be embarrassed so much, lol. Did you know salsa is a free food at WW? I eat it mixed with scrambled eggs or on a baked potato and YUM! It is good! So have all the salsa you want, just be careful what you put it on.

Hi to the others...

Today I'm taking Mackenzie (Gina's dd) out for a birthday lunch. She turns 5 today, but we aren't having a party until Saturday. So I can't just let the day pass with nothing... She wants to go to McDonald's and I have planned into my points a hot ham and cheese w/honey mustard, NO mayo. And I have put an orange in my purse to give me something extra while she munches her chicken nuggets and french fries.

Plus I've got several errands to run first, so I better get cleaned up and out the door. Have a good day, ladies.

TTFN,
Jana
Old 02-26-2004, 01:19 PM   #6  
One day at a time

Angry

Well, I was going to say good morning ladies but by the time I finish typing and posting it will be noon or after so...good morning & afternoon.

Jana~hope you and Mackenzie have a GREAT BIRTHDAY lunch at McDonalds. A very HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Mackenzie. And McDonalds in Indiana has hot ham & cheese sandwiches?? Sounds yummy Thanks for the tips, I did happen to buy graham crackers and some whole wheat crackers. I do like graham crackers with peanut butter also. Also, bought some granola bars, hopefully there will be some when I get ready to get one-kids like them to. I haven't tried salsa on a potato, yet! But I am going to, that and chili. I have heard both are really good. And having just a potato for lunch or dinner is enough food for me. Oh, the lighthouse border turned out perfect! It looks nice with the blue paint. And when I can post a picture of it I will-of course it is hard to take a picture of the whole bathroom but you can see the paint and border.

Angie~you sound like DH in Home Depot. That man can spend hours there. Me, I like to get what I went for and go. I love to look at the kitchens, wallpapers, blinds, valances and lamps after that I am ready to go. Maybe that would be a good job for you though. You are so crafty, you could do their demonstrations. You know the classes for painting, wallpapering, etc. That would be a cool job. Anyway, I hope you get the job you want. You have been one busy lady-geez! I am waiting for you over here to do my house next. And your chicken sounds so good!

Marti~I am glad that you and Shanna live close to one another, that would be so nice if we all did. Yep, kids are funny. I always embarrassed mine, not intentionally, but I ALWAYS made them laugh, still do. And we had fun so it couldn't have been so bad. They know I am goofy crazy is more like it. But man, show a little affection in front of anyone, especially their friends and watch out! Well, with the boys anyway, DD didn't mind until now. I miss not giving them hugs and kisses before bedtime. So enjoy it while you can. I always tell people they are my babies. I don't care how old they get, they will always be my babies.

Hi Kayecee, Shanna, Katie, Kat & Susan hope you ladies are doing fine.

Okay ladies, on with the day. I ran some errands this morning trying to find our mail. We have one of those mail boxes, can't remember what the mailman called them. It's on the corner and has the whole blocks mail boxes. they just put in a new one but haven't started delivering mail to it yet. I don't really have anything that is a top priority today, just doing whatever. I do need to go over to the other house later and get a couple of boxes of things and a rug. Also put the trash cans away, unless they picked them up. May do a little cleaning while there. I need to vacuum, sweep, wipe the counters down, and that's about it. No more going down that dirt road. I can finally have a CLEAN car (mini-van, I call everything a car)! You ladies don't know how much that means to me, really. Okay, so I am a little weird. Anyway, take care ladies and have a FANTASTIC Thursday!

Last edited by FrouFrou; 02-26-2004 at 01:26 PM.
Old 02-26-2004, 01:29 PM   #7  
kitty Momo

Good Morning to Everyone!!

I need to go back to bed. I have been on the go too much and starting to catch up with me.

Super, Jana!! Really neat that you are so OP ((see, I am leaning!! yahooo)) to venture into McDonalds even!! You truly inspire, a BIG thanks to you!!!

Still think you would be good @ Home Depot Angie!!! Pooh on Monte,......lol
Just think it would be a fun place for you to spend time at.Though Staples sounds like fun also.....love all the little office supplies!!

Cristi........how are you?? You sounded at loose ends yesterday, I hope today is a better one for you!! Get some rest!! Moving takes so much out of people.

Marti....Hi. Bike riding sounds like fun. You are brave to do that. I really don't want my fat @ss to be hanging over the seat.....lol. Salsa is ok, isn't it?? Fat free and all?? I love salsa.......

Katie......are you ever coming home???? I will chim in saying Carmel sounds like a lovely place to live or visit!!

Shanna.......are you feeling better??? I hope so.

I am reading Dr.Phil. I probably have to read it over again just to make sure I haven't missed anything. Certainly think he makes a lot of sense.
Not real sure what he is thinking having that family on his show though!!!! VERY painful to watch......keeping that family, especially the mom....lol , in my prayers......

Best get a short nap so I can get my walk in........

TTYL
Old 02-26-2004, 03:53 PM   #8  
GmaTo8

Just poppin in with a note - NO, McDonald's here does not have hot ham and cheese. I was going by the restaurant list from Dotti's so I could plan my points, and it was listed on that. So I get there, and the kid says they don't have ham and cheese. You'd be so proud of me... I ordered a hamburger. A regular hamburger. No cheese. No double anything. Just a hamburger. I ate that, and had my orange, and was fine.

BBL,
Jana
Old 02-26-2004, 05:59 PM   #9  

Afternoon ladies--

Ok...I'm going to join Shanna with the stress of not getting extensions and all.....I made my phone calls and they told me the paper work is in the process.....In the process of what?! Very frustrating. And so I'm going to go a week or two with no money coming in from me....At least I hope it's only a couple weeks!

I feel so extremely stressed at the moment. So much so that on my way home, I passed an accident on the freeway...some car was overturned in the center medium, the ambulance was there and all...everyone looked ok but I started tearing up just seeing it....feeling all guilty for being upset with my life and here is someone elses life in an accident!! (I thought PMS stopped once your week was over!!)

Anyway......I feel like everything is coming at me at once...the lack of employment, the money not coming in, the court hearing for the divorce, then getting married. As odd as that all sounds! I want to be married in a joyous environment not a stressed out one! GEESH!!

Ok....my whining is over. Had to let it out.

I will do individuals later...this is longer than expected. You all take care...I have HOMEWORK to deal with!

Marti
Old 02-26-2004, 08:58 PM   #10  
One day at a time

Hello Ladies

Marti~(((((HUGS))))) to you. I wish there was something I could do, but please know we are here for you to vent when you feel the need. I know when I am down and out I try to think of others who are worse off. I know this doesn't get the bills paid but it eases the stress somewhat, for me anyway. And don't ever feel guilty, we all go through times where we get stressed out about things. I always feel things will work out in the end, you just gotta have faith. Sending you some good vibes : that everything turns out fine-which I know it will. About the PMS-hey I am all teary eyed and emotional the week before and the week after TOM. It drives me crazy sometimes.

Jana~no hot ham and cheese at McDonalds?! That was sounding good today. We are proud of you-a hamburger is only 6 pts. right? I can't remember, but if that is correct that is not bad at all. You did good! I have been known to order a happy meal for myself at times. That way I don't overdo it when I do eat there. Well, I hope you and Mackenzie had a fun time.

Susan~ I am feeling fine, yesterday I was just tired of this mess and quit, but then I was bored, really bored. I love Dr. Phil's book, and show. For a while there I was kind of burnt out by him but I am slowly liking the show again. I like that he is trying to help families get their lives in order. I love bike riding, now I can actually ride my bike. We lived on a dirt road before and it wasn't a good idea. I don't care if my big booty hangs over the seat, what I don't like is where that little skinny seat goes. I haven't gotten on that thing in such a long time because I haven't found a bigger seat, again don't care if I am hanging over but this seat is just waaaaaay too skinny, and pointed!

To EVERYONE else Hi!

Just wanted to check in to see how everyone's day went. Take care ladies
Old 02-26-2004, 09:01 PM   #11  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Cristi I like the lighthouse theme...if you have counters in the bathroom,,,check out little dollar stores and pick up lil nick nacks like sea shells and seagulls..go with the theme....
Jana,,,ya I am proud of you for staying in line at McDonalds...geesh I was there and had the Thursdays deal,,,2 cheese burgers. I bet McKenzie will remember you taking her for lunch like that. You are a WONDERFUL Grandma
Susan...I know I would be good at Home Depot...Ill have to wait till the one is built in my neighbourhood...ooooo the paint.
Marti...Big hugs. Sometimes life seems to be a heavy burden to bare. I always say,,,and next month I will loook back on this and think I got throu it...and so will you.
well Im off to watch tv and read...
later
Angie
Old 02-26-2004, 11:40 PM   #12  
kitty Momo

Hi to everyone this evening!!

{{{MARTI}}} I am sorry for the stress you are under.Take care, maybe a hot bath to soak in??? Maybe some soft music playing?? Maybe scented candles flickering to provide light??? Maybe James handing you a towel as you get out of the tub??

lol.........I have a romance novel in me, I just know it!!!

What are you reading Angie??There was a Home Depot built 3/4 miles down the road from me. I have never been in a HD my self but here they are really great! You WOULD be a natural there!
Thanks SO much for Rebecca's package!! Came in the mail today.Can I have the nail polish?? lol ......Didn't know they came in other colors....j/k

YAY- Jana!!! Doing so good, very happy for you.

Cristi- Hi,you sound better today.Very brave lady to get on a bike.I NEED to do that also.....would love to ride out in the country, sounds very peaceful.

Kayecee- Hi. I forgot you earlier, sorry! How was your day?

I was just popping in. I need to get back to work. I had a good day, though I didn't make the walk.I know.........1000 lashes for me. I just took a nap and that felt so good!! So, tomorrow I will get back to walking. Look forward to the day I get my treadmill and hoping that will make it easier to get a walk in.....
I did have scrambled eggs for breakfast and 2 tuna salads , plus some fruit, plus that darn water.....close to 100oz's today.
I get paid in the morning!!! I want my Advantage shake back!!!

OH......it might be at all Sear stores. There is a sale until Saturday for Reebok athletic shoes....50% off!! 59.99 down to 29.99, plus a coupon for another $10 dollars off!! So, we are down to 19.99 for 59.99 shoes!! Isn't that the greatest!!???
I thought so.......can't wait.

You all have a good night!

Old 02-27-2004, 08:05 AM   #13  
GmaTo8

Good morning ladies,

Susan - aww, thanks for your kind words. I like Dr. Phil's show too, but it comes on right when we eat supper, and we always eat together at the kitchen table. Why not record it, you say? Because we can't get it with satellite, only rabbit ears, and I can never get it to record that way!! Wow, that is a good deal on the Reeboks! Once you get those AND the dreadmill, er, treadmill, AND the jogging stroller, you will be busy all the time!

Marti -((((( HUGS )))) to you!! Hope you are feeling better today! Take a few deep breaths and think this over: planning the wedding will be fun, and the court thing will be over before you know it. Also, school will be out for the semester soon. Then you will be free to look for a full time job. Why not find a part-time one now... some money coming in is better than no money. And you always have us for support. We are your "sisters" and care about you and want you to vent here anytime you feel the need.

Cristi - Dotti lists a McD's hamburger at 6.5, so that's how I counted it, lol. Which was 1.5 less than a ham and cheese anyway. So I had a slice of bread and tad of Country Crock with supper last night. Gotta get those points in, lol. OMG - I have a bike in the shed and haven't ridden it in eons! I used to just love the feeling of riding - it made me feel like a kid again. I found a bigger seat for mine at Walmart a long time ago. But if they don;t have them anymore, try on-line - maybe you'll find one there. Btw - I am really happy for you not having a dirt road to deal with anymore. The roads out here aren't dirt, but they sure are messy anyway! My van doesn't stay clean very long.

Angie - thanks for what you said! I do try my very best to be a good Grandma. It is worth it, too, when the kids see me and run to me with outstretched arms. I get a feeling in my chest when I see them that sometimes I think my heart will burst and truly brings tears to my eyes. I don't know what I did without them!

Kat - you have a birthday right around the corner, and we would like to send cards to you! If you PM me your address, I'll PM it to the rest of the JLs, okay?

For those of you who may not know - Dotti's is Dotti's Weight Loss Zone and her main page has all kind of links, especially for WW. This includes a list of restaurants and their points that goes on and on and on. Very helpful! She lost a boatload of weight, and has a huge following on her message boards. But I still like 3FC the best!

I have a dentist appointment today - time for my 6 months cleaning. Even for that, I always hate to go. He is a real nice guy, but something about the dentist's office makes me want to run the other way.

Have a good one - I'll tryto BBL,
Jana
Old 02-27-2004, 09:58 AM   #14  

Good Morning ladies--

Well today is a new day and I'm going to try and put my worries on the back burner for now. James was trying to tell me not to worry. And he's praying that he gets this job with the RailRoad...if he does, he told me not to even worry about finding a job unless I want to! That man just amazes me at times. I'm not used to someone who cares about me that much!! (I know...we've been together five years...but still!)

So---I will try to relax a little. Thank you all for the hugs! Heres one back at you all!

Let's see..I will try to catch up a little before I leave for school.

Jana--You did fabulous with the McD's outing!! I'm very proud of you and I look at you as an inspiration!! I'm hoping some of your willpower will rub off onto me! Keep up the great work....and send some of that motivation my way!!

Cristi--I can totally understand what you're saying about a dirt road!! James & I lived up a dirt road up in the hills and the first things I did when we moved in was wash the car!! Then I did my happy dance about not having to see the dirt cover it as soon as I drove out of my driveway!! So I know EXACTLY how you feel!! Isn't if funny how it's the little things that make us happy??

Angie--Your chicken dinner sounded yummy!! I have yet to get creative with food. That's James' department. Give me a recipe and then I'll do ok. What's for dinner tonight?!

Susan--Bike riding is great for the butt!! Even though you're sitting on it!! And fantastic on the thighs! I used to ride up this mountain with my ex years ago...every other day he had to go bike...and he "dragged" me with him. We would go almost 50miles each time!! I used to whine about it until I realized that he was pulling our daughter in a trailer!! Plus...my back side was looking pretty good. And no one is going to think to look at your butt when you're riding! When I see someone heavy riding...My thoughts are "boy I wish I had that motivation to get out and ride"

Does anyone have a motivation pill!?!? I could really use one...or two!

Hello to Shanna, Katie, & Kat!!

I need to get ready for school. Take care everyone!!

Marti
Old 02-27-2004, 11:44 AM   #15  
kitty Momo

Whoa..............

Painting Gabrielle's nails and the fumes must be getting to me.

Marti-I thought you wrote "bike riding is great for the butt.........even though you are sh*&^ing on it"......of course you meant *sitting* on it.....ahh, that makes sense also!!! lol

Oh,wait..........Gab pooped,maybe it is those fumes that are geting to me, or a mixture of both????

I will look for a good bike to buy. I just don't want to be out there with the traffic, I need a quite street or country road.You do feel it in the backside when you walk the inclines. I do have 4 pretty good ones on my 2.7 mile loop.Also, the park close by is pretty hilly.

I guess I just don't like the idea of my hair getting messy???? Wanna look good for any available guy I might pounce upon.....mean come upon....lol

Rebecca is excited about starting some scrapbooking......I need to go pick up my check!! My taxes are mailed out today!! From Fresno??? How long will that take to get to me?? Figure next Wednesday at the latest.

Weigh day tomorrow!!! ugh...........155, fingers crossed!!! I had 2 fried eggs this morning......yuk....getting tired of eggs.

Best get.

Hope you all have a good day!!
Closed Thread