Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2004, 05:55 PM   #1  
*~*~*

Talking Alexia's Together We Will Lose the Weight!

Hi!
I'm starting this club because I hate jumping all over the message boards. I want one place to hang out and talk to people who are trying to lose weight like me. I know that together we can lose the weight. I plan on posting here often so if you need a buddy I'm here. With your first post please tell your age, and how much you need to lose. And anything else you would like to share.
Welcome
Old 02-16-2004, 06:03 PM   #2  
*~*~*

Default Lets Get Started

Hi!
I'm Alexia and this is my first post of many. Im 28 years old and have over 100 pounds to lose
300/292/mini goal 260
Old 02-16-2004, 06:54 PM   #3  
Hot Stuff

Hi Alexia! Feel free to join in with us at the CCRRMM (Courtly Challengers, Regal Reducers, and Merry Maintainers)! We'd love some new company.
Old 02-16-2004, 08:14 PM   #4  

hi alexa!! nice to meet you i'm jodi 36 years old and i have close to 100lbs to loose. what type of eating plan have you been following?
Old 02-16-2004, 08:36 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 240/236/150

Height: 5' 6"

Hi everyone,

I'm Lynn 36 yo with about 80 to lose. I'm attempting to accomplish mini goals 10 lbs. at a time.

Well, tonight I was back at the gym for about 45 min. 15 min on the treadmill then the rest on machines. I worked up quite a sweat! On the way home I stopped at the grocery store for dinner. I was tempted to get a slice or two of pizza but thought twice and went for the turkey roll up. It was pretty good!

Anyway, tomorrow is aerobics then Wed. back at the gym.

How is everyone else doing? Write back when you can.

Lynn
Old 02-16-2004, 09:24 PM   #6  
*~*~*

Default Hi everyone

Well, the eating plan I'm on is I just eat smaller portion, stay away from the candy and fatty foods, And drink more water. I just try to eat healthy because I can't stick to those low carbs fad diets they are nutty and for the long term...suck. I have lost weight before and have gained it back my problem is I don't like eating the same things over and over. When I'm on a diet I seem to stick to the same foods. So what are some of the foods you guys love to eat on your diet?
Old 02-16-2004, 09:30 PM   #7  
Empress/Queen

Default Yo!

Hi, Alexia, Jodie and Lynn!!!! I hang out with Wildfire and the CCRRMMs (we have more than one thread, being the chatty royals that we are) and second her invitation to join us any ol' time! We are all s there and I totally agree we'd love the new company.

Last edited by Amarantha2; 02-16-2004 at 09:32 PM. Reason: closing style code
Old 02-17-2004, 05:28 PM   #8  

Many thanks Alexia, for starting this thread! Sounds like a good group here and we're all looking to lose a significant amount of weight. Congrats to Wisertime - that first loss is so important to boost morale. I've hit a bit of a plateau but am slowly incorporating exercise. Yuck.

- Claudia
Old 02-17-2004, 06:20 PM   #9  
*~*~*

I always get stuck on plateaus and I know it's the lack of exercise I hate to exercise. I have a stepping machine that is making a very nice clothes stand Right now I'm working on that first 10 pounds and I'm very close. I can already see the difference in my face, and I so happy about that. With summer coming I'll be wearing my hair up and I wanted my profile not to be so chubby. Now I'd like to see the difference in my body But that will take more time.
Thanks Wildfire Jodie Lynn I will check it out.
Old 02-21-2004, 10:38 AM   #10  

Hi All,

How is everyone?

I am doing ok. I have been exercising quite a bit but I still seem to have trouble with eating. I get so frustrated with myself arrrghh!

I hate to admit this but it's as if I allow myself to eat foods that aren't any good, rationalizing that since I have been exercising it's OK. I know I am not doing myself any favors by thinking this way. It's just so hard to change a lifetime of bad eating habits. It's weird, I want this so badly, it's all I think about. It's common sense, I know what i need to do. It's just so darn hard!

One of my downfalls is I hate to cook. I have almost no food in the house right now. What I end up doing is going out to eat a lot. Some days I am good, ordering a salad. Other days not so good.

But enough of that. So Alexia, have you made your 10lb goal?? You said you were close.

Claudia, have you started exercising yet? I am sure it will break you out of your plateau once you do.

Write back when you have a chance.

Lynn
Old 02-22-2004, 04:47 PM   #11  
*~*~*

Default Hi everyone

I know it's hard to stop eating whatever you want, It was easier that way. I went out to dinner several times a week and ate whatever I
wanted all that got me was hitting 300 on the scale and feeling horrible. I still eat out, but not very much and when I do I eat less than I use to. If you deprive yourself you will only fail, I mean how could I live without some cookie doughice-cream once in a while And no I have not hit that 10 pound loss mark yet, but I will by the middle of this week. The more I lose the easier it is. It is so beautiful out today spring is on the way and it really makes me want to keep at it and lose this weight, soon the twits will be running around in next to nothing and I will be feeling so very fat. I'm only lucky that I caring my weight well and look nowhere near what I weight, but still I need to keep with this and lose as much as I'm able to by summer so I can feel better. The thing that also helps me as I'm losing weight is I took pictures of my body and face so I can really see my results as I'm losing, how soon we forget how fat we started out.
Old 02-23-2004, 05:55 PM   #12  

Twits......
Old 02-24-2004, 03:21 AM   #13  
*~*~*

Default Hello

Well, twits is all I could get away with in here. My real words would be........... more colorful I guess you would say.
I have hit the 11 pound mark now. I love mini goals because I have so much to lose I get overwhelmed with the whole total I need to lose.
300/289/260
Old 02-24-2004, 10:14 PM   #14  

Alexia:

Congrats on the 11 pounds!! That is so cool.

I totally agree with you about the mini goals. 10 pounds is doable...80 pounds seems impossible.

I still do not have a weight loss to report. BUT< my pants do seem a little looser. I don't know, maybe my body needs time to get used to the idea? Also, I took tonight off from exercising and now I'm thinking maybe I shouldn't take any days off. I mean, I have the gym membership and I have the time so...back I go tomorrow.

Anyway, congrats again, keep me updated.

Lynn
Old 02-25-2004, 05:17 PM   #15  
*~*~*

Default ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I guess the best time to weigh yourself is in the morning naked and before breakfast. I have lost 13 pounds so far...I have a long way to go. But with my little mini goals it seems more possible. So 7 more pounds and I'll have a 20 pound loss.
300/287/260 mini goal
13 pound GONE!
Closed Thread