Old 02-24-2004, 07:39 AM   #1  
Movin' to the Country!

Default Stay at Home Mom's # 129

Welcome to a thread devoted to women who have the priviledge of taking care of our families while winning the battle to control our weight and have better health! Feel free to join right in! We look forward to getting to know you better!
candybar74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 07:50 AM   #2  
Movin' to the Country!

Hi!!! I can't remember if I addressed everyone on the last thread or not. Spryng, I couldn't hardly see the pictures. Is there anyway to make them bigger? I would really love to see a regular sized picture of Tanner. I don't think I've ever seen one and it is hard to see his little face in those tiny pictures!!! Who does he look like? Anyhows, congrats on getting into the dress! I am jealous, again!!! I haven't tried my pre-pregnancy clothes on yet but I am not ready. If I tried them on and they didn't fit, it would be too depressing!

Andrea, I'm thinking about you. Thanks for letting us know how you are doing. Wish your DH was here with you now but at least you will get to see him this weekend. So Detroit, huh? Have you ever lived up north before? Where are you from originally?

Geri, know what you mean about being chicken. Even if you can repaint it, you really don't want to!!! Maybe you could paint a piece of cardboard the same color and do the stencil on it and hang it on the wall to see if you like it. I've seen them do things like that on Trading Spaces. Super Big Congrats on the loss!!! Yeah!!! You've been doing great w/exercise and snacking so you deserved a nice # on the scale!!!

Melinda, congrats on avoiding the snacks last night!!!

Well, I can't remember anything else from the last thread! Ok, so for dinner last night I had Korean Tofu and Vegetable soup. Ok, I know it sounds gross but it was good. I had some kimchee (spicy fermented cabbage) that was past its prime so I made a soup out of it and put it over rice. It was good. I also had a salad. As for exercise, whoo, am I out of shape! I did my 2 mile WATP and started my pilates but didn't make it more than 5 minutes. Just too out of shape. I also got on the Gazelle for about 10 minutes. So, at least I got something in. Today, I am going to concentrate on my water consumption.

Hi everyone else!!! Ricci, Ginny, Lori, Gosia and anyone else I missed! Well, I am SUPPOSED to be working as usual. Better get something done. Talk to ya'll later! Hope everyone has a great day!!

Last edited by candybar74; 02-24-2004 at 07:53 AM.
Old 02-24-2004, 09:13 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Candy I didn't realize you couldn't make those pictures bigger so I will post them again and you should be able to click them and see the larger picture.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg Krystol2 again.jpeg (31.1 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpeg kidsbig.jpeg (33.9 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpeg Tannerbig.jpeg (21.4 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpeg Krystol1.jpeg (32.0 KB, 37 views)
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 09:28 AM   #4  

Good morning all! I think those turned out better. Now you can click them and see them full sized.

Well I am scurrying around this morning trying to get ready to go see my DH. I find that I am like a dating teenager sometimes with all the getting ready I do , lol. But anyway, I didn't get any exercise in last night but I still have plenty of time this week to get it all in. Tonight I plan on making overn fried catfish for dinner. Haven't had that in a while. With some stir fried veggies and maybe some brown rice on the side.
Candy, which pilates do you have?
I'm sorry I can't get mor personal, I'm suppose to be leaving in an hour and I still have to get a shower and blow dry my hair, makeup, etc... I'm feeling rushed!!! So I promise to talk more later when I get home. Andrea you are in my thoughts!
TTYL!
Old 02-24-2004, 11:44 AM   #5  
burned out bus driver

Another busy day.......maybe this week will slow down a bit. BBall season is almost over, which at least gives me some time back!!!!!!
Love the pics, Spryng- gee you look great!!!!!!
Gotta go- Hi to Candy, Geri, Andrea, Ricci, Gosia, Lori.....anyone else I missed. Have a great day!
Ginny
ECmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 11:48 AM   #6  
burned out bus driver

Just skimmed the last thread.......Andrea, hope you are ok- I'll be praying for you.
I spotted the entire pregnancy of my youngest......and sometimes it was a whole lot more than spotting to boot! Hope you are ok.
Ginny
Old 02-24-2004, 01:43 PM   #7  
Movin' to the Country!

Ok, I forgot how or when we are supposed to be recording our exercise or whatever else we are working on but here goes: I did my WATP's this morning, the 3 mile one! Ouch! I swear she was trying to kill me! I made it though now I could use a nap! I am doing my laundry today, all by myself. I am firing my helper as soon as she finds a real job and she couldn't come today so I decided to give it a try and see how I do. So far, so good.

Spryng, I have the Winsor Pilates. I think you know that so you were probably asking WHICH Winsor Pilates I have, huh? I have the 7 disc set, which is the beginners ones, that I loaned to my mom because you don't need them after you learn the moves, and then the abs, buns and thighs, upper body and complete body workout. Then I recently got the burn series which is a 20 minute and a 60 minute workout. I haven't done either of those yet. Attempted but failed on each!!! So I am WATP"s this week and then next week I may try Pilates again. Got to get my strength back first! And Ginny, can I say thanks again for introducing me to the WATP's series? I really, really love them! It is just sooo easy, but not really. But also enjoyable and actually more of a workout then you realize. So, thanks!!! Again! Hope things settle down for you.

Ok, well, I am off to do more laundry and I am going to try and pick out some light fixtures today. Ky is still sick and she is pretty congested in her chest. I feel so bad for her but she doesn't complain. She's just too sweet.

TTYL!
Old 02-24-2004, 01:46 PM   #8  
Movin' to the Country!

Oh, Spryng, thanks for reposting the pics...much better! It seems Tanner and Bubba kinda look alike. Do they look like your DH? I think Ava looks like you but of course, I could have it all wrong. It is hard to tell in pictures.
Old 02-24-2004, 04:28 PM   #9  

Good afternoon all!
I didn't expect to be home already but as soon as I got to joplin and pulled up next to DH's truck he got a call from his boss and his load needed to get delivered a day early, so he just had time to eat lunch with us and then head out I was dissapointed but what can we do? He'll still be home friday so I'm not worried about it. So I went to walmart and spent some money, some people stress eat, and I like to stress shop, lol. I bought me a much needed new pair of pants. My jeans were so baggy and even the belt had gotten to big! So I got me a nice pair of khakis (sp?) that fit wonderfully. They are cut small so they are a 9/10 and a perfect fit on my hips. Nice to not be pulling them up constantly. Then I went and rented the kids a cartoon and came home. Long drive for nothing but that is ok. I will take an hour with my DH anyday. He was more dissapointed than I was. But he wanted chinese for lunch and I'm not sure how many pts I had, I'm guessing around 15-20 so the rest of the day I will drink my water and eat very light, maybe just stir fry for my dinner instead of the fish and make the kids something else. And of course tonight I'm planning on doing my pilates.
Candy, yes Tanner does look like Bubba, their baby pictures are identical! Only Tanner has darker hair and grey eyes whereas bubba has blue eyes and blonde hair. And yes, they look like my DH. You should see his baby picture. They all look the same And yes Ava is a little me. Only without blue eyes. And she acts so much like me that is scares me at time! lol, but in a good way. She is a good girl all the time. Glad your housework is going well without your helper. Maybe it's for the best.
Ginny, another busy day for you? I don't believe it!! LOL. You never slow down, it just wouldn't be you.
Well I guess I should get off of here and do something. I don't know what since everything around here is done but I guess I can read my new Health magazine I just got in the mail today. TTYL!
Old 02-24-2004, 09:22 PM   #10  

JW is teething and he has been running a low grade fever. I wish I could take the pain away from him. It hurts me to see him so upset. Any suggestions on the teething. We go for his 6 month appt tomorrow, so I will check with the pediatrican.

No workout for me today. I am so concerned about JW that I have been watching his every move. Just being a first time mom.

Resisting the late night snacking and stayed on program. Hope everyone is have a good Tuesday evening.
meltin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 10:00 PM   #11  
2BoysMom

Good evening everyone,

Melinda, Tylenol during the day and Motrin at night ... the motrin lasts longer. It's too bad that they have to go through the pain, but at least it doesn't last more than a couple of days.

Spryng, glad you got to see Dh even only for lunch. Any little bit is nice. Glad you found a new pair of pants too. I have many different sizes here, so once I start going down all I have to do is go to the archives But then I'm getting rid of all my fat clothes because I refuse to ever wear them again. I won't have anymore pregnancies to use as an excuse to eat!! Got the word from the doc's today that the vasectomy worked and my friend TOM came to visit today so no surprises there either

Candy, I love the WATP too. It does seem easy even though you end up sweating your butt off (hopefully literaly!). Today I did pilates in the morning (I have "Pilates for Dummies" ... it's a beginner and intermediate workout ... I haven't mastered the beginner's part yet ). Tonight I got on the treadmill and even jogged for a minute or two. Scarey sight...I probably scarred poor Will for life. What am I saying, he's seen me naked ... if that hasn't already scarred him nothing will Glad you're feeling well enough to tackle that laundry on your own. That's a good sign. Hope Kylie is feeling better soon.

Hi Ginny. It's great that you pop in so that we know you're doing great ... just busy! Life is hectic isn't it??

I decided to be like all the other Mom's out there and take both of my boys grocery shopping with me. I thought that if I waited until tonight to go I wouldn't get any workout in. It really wasn't too horrible. Will could have been much worse and Tony fell asleep. It amazes me the positions that kids can sleep in. Sure didn't look to comfy to me!! I usually only take them both to any store if it's going to be a quick in and out because Will get's way too restless. Tony was flopping around in the cart until just recently too... even with the straps.

Dinner was whole wheat spaghetti with sauce and meatballs and a salad. With TOM I was really tempted to double dip into the spaghetti, but I behaved myself.

Have a great night everyone. Talk to you all tomorrow!!
Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 11:02 PM   #12  

Good Evening Everyone!

I've had a busy day. Me and my friend Amber ate at Pizza Hut and then went to Walmart. It was nice to get out of the house for a change. It helped to keep my mind off of things too. I'm still bleeding. I think I probably have lost the preg. It makes me sad, but I've had a real peace about everything. I know when the time is right, I will have another child. I really don't think my family will feel complete until I have 3. I go to the Dr. tomorrow and I will know for sure then. Thanks for all of your prayers!

Candy, I've never live up north. I'm from Arkadelphia, AR. It's a town of about 10,000 people. It's a really nice place to live. Dh is from Gurdon, AR about 20 mi. south of Arkadelphia. We live there now. It has about 2,000 people in it. Now you really know I live in the sticks! I like living in a small town. Everybody knows everybody kind of like the Andy Griffith show. I would only move to be closer to Dh. This is home to me. Proud of you for all of your exercise!!!!

Spryng, I'm sorry about you day with Dh. I know you were glad to see him if only for an hour. It does make you sick when you thought you had the whole day though! Ya'll are doing great on your exercises! And I loved your pictures. You have very cute kids! I love your long hair! Mine is short and light brown. I used to wear it long, before kids!

Geri, I know what you mean about having clothes in every size! My sizes range from 8-14! I can't wait until I'm in those 8's again! Thanks for all of your prayers!

Melinda, hope JW gets to feeling better. I agree with Geri on the medicine! It worked great for me!

Well I'd better get to bed. I have a long day tomorrow! TTYL!
A&A's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 11:28 PM   #13  

Good evening all.
I am so glad this day is over. After I wrote my last post things got very stressful for me around here. The kids decided to put me to the test with my nerves and won. I was so irritated and stressed out, then the dvd I rented wouldn't work so I loaded the kids back into the van and exchanged it for another one and while I was in town I thought I would get the kids a kids meal for dinner since I was frazzled and didn't feel like cooking. Well I ended up ording me a combo meal and I ate every bite. I was so disgusted with myself. I haven't stress eaten in a long time but it just took over me. Then the kids escaladed once we were home and I was so upset. Finally I told them they were going to clean the living room (which they had been demolishing no matter what I did to try and stop it) and go straight to bed. I think they finally got the point because they cleaned up the living room without any more prodding and then I sat them down for a long talk about behavior. It worked. THANK GOD! They were great the rest of the night and just now went to bed. I am so emotionally tired though right now and I'm feeling so guilty going over my pts today... I think I used up the rest of my flex and probably a few more too so the next couple of days I need to get in extra water and some extra exercise. Keep on me girls so I will get it done, ok? I can sure use some support right now. I feel so bad. But tomorrow is a fresh day and a no mistakes so I'm going to look forward to that.
Andrea, you are handling things so well. I am hoping the baby is fine but if not it's good to see that you are dealing with everything ok. You must be a very strong woman. I admire that. Let us know how the appointment goes tomorrow. We are here for you.
Geri you are doing very well on your exercises! Keep up the good work and send some exercise vibes over here. I needed to do some tonight but I just feel so overwhelmed and tired. So I plan on trying to get in two sets tomorrow. We will see how that goes.
Melinda, Tanner is teething right now too. Last week he ran a fever for two days solid and was so cranky. Do you have any of that baby anbesol (sp?) that gel you put on the gums that relieves the pain? There is a night time formula one also that lasts longer and helps them sleep. Maybe you can try that. Also, does your baby like a pacifier? If so put them in some icewater and then give him one to suck on, the coolness with help with the swelling and pain, and then alternate pacifiers... or even a washrag with some ice in it tied up helps alot too if they will chew on it, or one of those teething rings you can freeze or chill in the fridge. But mainly you just have to give it time. Once those little teeth push through his pain will subside (until the next one wants to come out, lol) My aunt used to give her son beef jerky to chew on when he was teething because it was so hard and chewy he could really knaw on it a long time and relieve his discomfort without actually eating any of it, but he got the flavor of it and liked it.
Well I need to get in bed before I collapse here on the desk... TTYL!
Old 02-25-2004, 07:09 AM   #14  
burned out bus driver

Morning!!!!!
Spryng- sorry things ended up tough for you......sometimes you just have to almost give in to that stress eating and get it out of your system! As long as you get back on track today, you will be just fine! You are doing great!

Candy- glad you like the WATP tapes. Nice too that you can keep the intensity low, or kick it up a notch. And seems so easy.......until you are huffing and puffing on that 3rd mile!

Andrea- I will keep praying for you.......gosh I know how tough that can be!!! ( I lost 3 pgs in 12 months). Keep your chin up.....big hugs! Feel free to PM me if you need to vent/unload.

Melinda- hope your day quieted down and the baby is ok.

Geri- WTG behaving yourself with the pasta!!!!!!!

Sorry to be so short.......gotta go to work. WW meeting and Walmart today- so the rest of the day is busy. Have a great day!
Ginny
Old 02-25-2004, 09:24 AM   #15  

Good morning all!
So glad that yesterday is over and today is here! I feel so much better about everything today and I know I can overcome yesterday's eating.
Ginny, thanks for the encouraging words. And you are right, it seems like stress eating has it's own force that takes over your physical and mental compacity until you are done stuffing your face, lol. Hopefully he won't visit for a long time again. Can't wait to hear about your meeting today and your WI!! Sending you skinny vibes!!!!
Well today I plan to keep myself busy. I'm going to get some light housework done, there really isn't much to do because I've been staying on top of it. And just relax and get some exercise in, hopefully twice today. I plan to do my pilates when the kids nap today and also after they go to bed tonight. We are aiming for 3 workouts a week, if I get two in today does that count as two?? or because it's all in the same day it only counts as one?? I won't exercise tomorrow because it's the day before my WI and muscles hold water after a workout and can influence the scale so I just don't do it so I'm hoping I can count two workouts today of 20 min or more each and hit my 3 for the week. Let me know what you all think about that.
Andrea, my thoughts are with you today. Hope the appointment has a happy ending for you. Hang in there.
Ok, I guess I'm off here to eat some breakfast. Tonight I'm making that oven fried fish that I was suppose to have yesterday for dinner. What is everyone else having?
TTYL!