Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2004, 06:50 AM   #1  
Mom, Queen of Everything

Default Monday Chat - February 23, 2004

Good morning to all!

It seems that the only time I have lately during the week to check in is early (before anyone else has posted) or later in the day (when those of you in the east have already gone to bed)! I'm out the door in just a few so that I can try to get in my workout before work! My arms and chest are still a little sore from last week, but they told me not to let that keep me from coming back, so off I go in search of a leaner, meaner me!

Hubby and I went out Saturday night and we ended up at TGI Fridays where I wolfed down some Tuscan Spinach Dip and Buffalo Wings. Stayed true to course, though, and worked some of it off the next day. They have a little disclaimer at the bottom of the menu that explains that due to individual preparation, carb counts are approximate. Just how approximate is what I want to know!

Oh well, keep the faith everyone and I'll check in with you later!
Old 02-23-2004, 07:28 AM   #2  

Height: 5' 6"

Good Morning,
The weekend is over Yesterday I was lazy lazy lazy.. I did a workout in the morning and cleaned house a little bit, then I made the mistake of turning on the playstation.. oye my butt is sore from sitting to much! Ah well you have to throw a day of total relaxation in there sometimes, just to keep the sanity.
I feel like I cheated yesterday and I don't know why. I stayed OP but I ate my full 20grams.. where usually I am at about 15g. I think it's because I just ate more then normal.
I bought the Atkins Basic 3 vitamins.. YUK I don't like the taste of these things, and I don't like the fact I'm to take them 3 times a day, I can barely remember to take it once a day I think I'm going to talk to the pharmasist (sp?) next time I'm in Walgreens and see what he recommends for a good one a day multivitamin w/o iron.
Well I best run before I'm late for work and boss gets her undies in a bind.
Everyone have a fantastic day!
Old 02-23-2004, 07:34 AM   #3  

UMmm dinner sounds nice. I haven't had dinner out in a long time unless you count that McDonalds episode NOT.
We actually have a gift certificate for the keg but haven't got there yet. it doesn't open till 4 and we are out of town from it so kinda a pain. Usually we go out for lunch while kids in school.

Dh is off all week and I got extra hours forgetting he was off though Friday and Sunday I am off so hopefully then will work.

Still going slow but I am well aware why and have to stop snacking on that darn popcorn chicken.
That stuff is my downfall. Actually am good during day it is the night shift that I get picking at it. I am going to have to lock the oven door or something LOL.
Best go get my lazy son out of bed he has to leave in half an hour ugggggggg lazy child.
Old 02-23-2004, 08:27 AM   #4  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Boo ! BBL
Old 02-23-2004, 08:31 AM   #5  
Baby Steps

Spedmom-good job on the willpower of sticking to the workout!! I'm SOO bad at exercise. I KNOW I need to do it but it's a halfa** job I do of getting around to working out. Hey, Does walking around shopping for 2 days work??

Trazzie-I can't believe the weekend's over either!! And I had FOUR days off!! UGH!! I take the Atkins set. The Basic 3, and the....hmm...what's it called. The appetite suppresant one. Not sure if I need that one anymore. Maybe I'll finish off the bottle and see how it goes. It sure did help I think (mentally anyway) in killing my appetite!

jjcj-I think I'd rather be going slow while eating what I enjoy than losing too fast and not enjoying my food as much. If you can eat what you enjoy aren't you more likely to stay OP?

Not much new for me. I posted my "before" and "now" picture (it's also in my profile), and I think I posted on the weekend chat what we did this weekend. I'm feeling kind of blah today (didn't sleep much last night because my tummy was rolling and upset). I think it's a new symptom for when TOM is coming. UGH! Just what I need!! So I'm tired and irritable today. I've got TONS of errands to do after work so if I'm lucky I'll manage to get it all done before I TOTALLY feel like taking a nap. Or maybe I'll see if I can cut out work early today and get that done. I can't do it tomorrow because of hunters' safety. And Wednesday I'm thinking the bosses are gonna be at a meeting (though they've not asked me to stay late yet--which to my way of thinking is rude) and I've also got a GS meeting that day. The rest of the week I think is clear for lazing around. I hate having busy schedules like this! lol What happened to the day I could come home after work and just relax???
Old 02-23-2004, 08:32 AM   #6  
Baby Steps

Leenie-you snuck in while I was posting. lol

Have a great day everyone!
Old 02-23-2004, 08:51 AM   #7  

Good morning.

I feel kind of crappy myself this morning. Let's see where to start.....OH, when I woke up this morning after hardly sleeping ALL NIGHT, there was no heat. We have been having a problem with the furnace for a while now and I'm getting a little tired of it. My husband said to me "just go down and flip the switch off and on and it will come back on" I said I AM NOT GOING DOWN THREE FLIGHTS OF STAIRS RIGHT NOW. I figured I would just jump in a hot shower and warm up that way. He growled at me and went downstairs himself. HUMPH.

And, I am up from the weekend AGAIN. I just can't seem to behave enough on the weekends to keep the loss going. I wasn't that bad eating wise just the deamon alcohol that gets me everytime. I need to cut that out or I will never get to my goal. I have three weddings to go to this summer and I AM GOING TO GET INTO THAT DAMN BLACK DRESS IF IT KILLS ME!

ok, enough complaining. As my grandmother used to say....as long as you are up and walking then you have nothing to complain about. She lived to be 101 so I guess I should listen. But my two legs are tired this morning.......

Brenda: Saw your pictures! WOW you can really notice. You are doing great! I am going to have my husband take some pictures of me this week so that I can post them. I have my wedding picture that I have been trying to post forever but I can't get it small enough to attach.

to everyone....I have to start working...will reply more later.

Last edited by jane8760; 02-23-2004 at 09:37 AM.
Old 02-23-2004, 09:35 AM   #8  
Movin' and Losin'

Paula: Way to get your workout in!

Trazzie: I'm a one-a-day vitamin girl myself.

Jjcj: Step away from the popcorn chicken!

Leenie: Boo who?

Brenda: Your profile photos are amazing! You look great!

Jane: With the willpower you had this week, you will get into that black dress.

I've got to weigh-in tonight. I feel like I've been doing great, but it is the week of TOM, so I feel bloated. Yuck. But, I'm just going and weighing in no matter what I think the result will be. I've got to not let that scale effect me so darn much!

I've been trying to post a profile photo for awhile now. I can't get it sized right. I posted the picture of my dog, no problem. I don't know what the deal is, but I'll keep working on it.

Hope everyone has a great Monday!

Take care,
Jina
Old 02-23-2004, 11:09 AM   #9  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning, is it still morning, yup it is, i'm safe.

Had a good weekend, got my easter decor up outside, feels like spring for sure. Went to the mall and walked around on Saturday. Ate to many calories but I'm back on plan today. Slept crapy last night, and couldn't figure out why until this morning, my left eye is tearing like crazy and I have a headache - ALERGIES DUH!!! spring is definitly on its way lol.

Good to see you all have a wonderful day.
Old 02-23-2004, 11:10 AM   #10  
The Princess O' Pets

Morning ladies!!

I am playing hooky from work today (bad girl)
I just feel tired and kinda run down so I decided to take a rest day and spend some time with DH and DS's. I did great last week I can't believe i don't lookse anything for over a month and then BOOM 6.5 pounds in a week and 1/2, crazy! Not complaining though I think it was great! LOL The same thing happened to my sister who is on Atkins we must have the same metobolism!! LOL I am pretty sore from my workouts this weekend i really pushed myself pretty good, but it is a good sore.

Brenda!!! GREAT PICS!! You look great girl!

Jina hope your weigh in goes good!

Jane, I would make my DH walk the stairs too!! LOL

HI LEENIE!!!!! How are you doing?

JJ thank god i don't work at KFC I would be drowned in coleslaw and Honey BBQ wings!!

Trazzie A lazy day for us hard working women is great!! I am taking mine today!! hee hee heee playing hooky is great!

MMMMM Sped......spinach dip!!! I wanna go to Fridays too!!

Hope everyone has a great LC day!!
Old 02-23-2004, 11:59 AM   #11  
Head Princess

Hey all! Just time for a quick fly-by because I'm swamped here at work. I had a wonderful and enlightening weekend. I didn't get much sleep but I sure had fun!

Friday's lc menu is wonderful! I love the spinach dip. I tried out Godfather's low-carb pizza this weekend. A small lc meatlover's pizza has only 8 grams per slice and it was soooooooooo good! So good that I didn't stop after one piece when I was no longer hungry. Or two pieces when I was full. I had 3 pieces! I felt totally bloated for the rest of the day, but DANG it was good!

I haven't lost an ounce in 4 weeks now - talk about annoying! But, I know I'm winning the battle so I'll be patient. It will come off if I have to cut it off with a steak knife! Just kidding

Hope everyone's having a good day!

Froufy, hope you're feeling better!
Old 02-23-2004, 02:14 PM   #12  
Movin' and Losin'

Oooh! I had no idea Godfather's had LC pizza. Watch out for pizza-loving Jina, Godfather's!!!
Old 02-23-2004, 02:20 PM   #13  
Baby Steps

Well, I've got to post quick and then get to work on GS stuff. Seems I'm going to be working longer tomorrow and Wednesday. So I'll only get to post in the morning. UGH!!!

Hope you all have a great day

***oops. forgot to mention- Thanks to all that liked my new pictures. I sure was impressed myself!! This WOE is SOOO great!! Hopefully I can keep it up!!
Old 02-23-2004, 03:03 PM   #14  

Height: 5' 6"

Hi Hi,
Don't have much time it's a busy busy day for me, one of those, No you don't dare sit down days.. ARG. Made the mistake of stepping on the scale this morning.. I should never do that until my WI days. It says I was up 4pounds!! How I dunno, but I'm not going to stress about it unless it shows the same on Wednesday then it's "official".
My entire body is aching from my workouts, I've been doing 30mins low impact aerobics and taking 10 mins to tone. Those little weights are kicken my patootie!

Brenda - Your pictures look GREAT! I can see big changes.. your doing fantastic...but you need to work on that smile girl.. where is it eh?

Star - I'm envious! We dont have a TGIF's anywhere remotely close to here, and I never heard of Godfather's pizza. Is it a pizza chain or is it a frozen kind that can be found in stores?

Theo - Hope you have a great hooky day! I enjoyed mine to no ends.. very relaxing indeed!

Leenie - Thanks for the sign of spring, hope you don't suffer too much. I don't have allergies but my middle DD does.. what a pain!

Jdogg - I know that scale can be harsh! It can go from being your best friend to your worst enemy in a matter of a day and TOM never makes it any better. Good luck with your WI

Jane - I hope your feeling better. I have a problem with weekends too. I stay OP as far as the foods I should be eating, my problem is I eat way to much of them. Hang in there!

Jjcj - I know how difficult it is to work with food. Whenever I have a HUGE craving for something I go slam down some water and it fills me up enough to where my willpower grows a little stronger and I can walk away. It's not always easy.. but look at the bright side, at least your still going down.. even if its slow.. at least its not up up up

Ok, I'm off now.. I'm quickly running out of time for my workout and I want so much to get it in, especially since I didn't like the results of my scale peeking this morning.
Old 02-23-2004, 03:50 PM   #15  
Head Princess

Jina - it is sooooooooooo good! Expensive as all get out (it was a little over $14 for a small pizza and two drinks!) but totally worth it. I haven't had anything that tasted like real pizza in over 7 months!

Trazzie - Godfather's is a pizza chain. Sorry, not something you can get at the grocery store!

I just discovered a new little goodie! It's a chocolate bar called ZCarb. Mainly sweetened with splenda so it's really low carb! I tried the dark chocolate w/macadamia nuts (dark chocolate is better for you). Only 4 grams of carbs - counting sugar alcohols - and very yummy! Best of all, I found them an the 7-11 around the corner from my house. Wa-hoo!!!
Closed Thread