Old 03-10-2016, 10:03 PM   #1  

Height: 5'6

Exclamation Is My Diet OK?

Hello all. I'm a total newbie to the site. You can check out my loooong introduction if you'd like. Haha.

One of the first courses of action I wanted to take was to list exactly what it is that I eat on a daily basis and get some feedback if y'all think this is going to help me in the long run (and yes, I eat these things every day):

6:30AM - Egg/Spinach/Mozzarella Cheese bake (I make this on Sundays. It's 8 eggs, about 10 oz of spinach which I saute and a bag of mozzarella cheese. So I'm getting about 1 1/3 eggs every morning and maybe 1/3 cup of cheese).

9:45AM - Dannon 80 cal Greek yogurt (any flavor)

12:30PM - Lean Cuisine/Smart One (occasionally leftovers)

2:45PM - Banana

4:30PM - 25 Blue Diamond whole natural almonds

6:00PM - Dinner (lol usually consists of chicken/porkchops, half a sweet potato and some form of veggie)

7:30PM - 1 Square of Lindt dark chocolate (70% at the moment) and SOMETIMES 1-2 cups of Skinny Pop white cheddar popcorn

I am able to stick closely to this schedule (with the times and all) because my breaks and lunch are the same time every day at my job.

Don't worry about being a little harsh, I can take it. Blunt is best. But I definitely find for myself that eating 6 times a day is beneficial.
mrslovette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 04:04 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 125kg/108kg/90kg

Height: 158cm

Hey there! Welcome to the best forum! Unfortunately I don't know much about constructing a good diet, as I have had mine made for me, however having set breaks has helped me heaps, and I have stuck to my diet for 7 weeks now. Do you work out at a gym? Maybe they can help formulate a meal plan?
caldawg89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 11:08 AM   #3  

Hi! Thanks for the reply!

My cousin's wife is a nutritionist and I know I could ask her but I'm holding off on that because I don't always want to only talk to her about food stuff, you know what I mean? I want her to know that I like her for who she is, not just for advice. My mother was nurse and that was one of her pet peeves lol.

Currently, I don't work out a gym. I have a membership but I lost my gym buddy and I've been avoiding going by myself...I want to buy a Zumba game for my Wii U so that my boyfriend and I can work out together and do it at home but for someone reason I've avoided that too....
Old 03-12-2016, 12:54 PM   #4  
Country Girl Fresh

S/C/G: 325/313/195

Height: 5'4

@mrslovette I have went to a plant based and only local fresh meats from local farmers life style. I feel better only after 3 days and I have more energy. It crazy the energy I have esp at this weight just by going back to fresh "organic" "diet". I also take a women's multi-vitamin. I dont eat processed foods or GMOs I have tried to twice in last 3 days and makes me feel bad right after eating those types foods. They are lots local farmers markets that take snap as well if needed. Also planting your own garden gets you out in the sun which we need some sun to function properly. It also helps you stay active and you know exactly where your food is coming from. This is how I am changing my life and maybe it help someone else as well.
Countrybarbie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 05:11 PM   #5  

Countrybarbie, those are great suggestions! My boyfriend is disable and gets foodstamps. His doctor told us about this program where if you go to a farmer's market then you can get more stuff for the same price. I just am not sure exactly which ones this applies to. I have been wanting to go to this store (Called Valley Farm Market) but I haven't gotten a chance. I think I will check them out either tomorrow or this week sometime. I try to stay away from processed foods as well. I get like Uncle Ben's brown and wild rice sometimes because I can took it quickly in the microwave and don't know anything else about cooking rice. Also, I know that the Dannon yogurt probably isn't the best since it's got preservatives and whatever in it but it's convenient for my plan right now.

I would love to have a garden but I don't think it would really work here in my neighborhood. I have a very small yard and I don't really have anywhere to go with it. Plus all the houses around here have to be "uniform" (gag). But I think I will ask around to my neighbors and see if maybe they have or tried to have a garden to see if they have had any success.
Old 03-12-2016, 06:03 PM   #6  
Country Girl Fresh

S/C/G: 325/313/195

Height: 5'4

Yea I live in an apartment atm so I'm going have just do some herbs and stuff that I do inside on window seal. I Dont buy any boxed items. They are easy but not for me not any more. Once u try out the farmers market and actually have truly fresh veggies and fruit you never want to shop at a store anymore. The less ingredients in items esp all those chemicals is the best.

It sucks you live in such a restricted neighborhood. Wish they "let" people have garden in their own yard. Esp if you own it then I def wouldn't let anyone tell me what I could and couldn't do but that just me lol.
Countrybarbie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 12:31 PM   #7  

Well I probably can have a garden but I can't put up a fence. Which really stinks because I would love to get another dog (I had to put my baby to sleep in November 2015) but sometimes you just want to let them out in the yard and not have to follow them when they go potty lol.

I am definitely looking forward to getting to the Farmer's Market. I use spinach in my eggs in the morning so getting that super fresh would be awesome. And I also eat a banana every day but I'm not sure how fresh we can get those around here since they're not really grown around PA, right? LOL I don't know anything about agriculture.

I really do try to avoid stuff in boxes. I have really come to realize that I don't want that crap in my body. I have enough crap going on in there that I can't control, I don't want to add to it....if that makes sense.

Old 03-13-2016, 09:51 PM   #8  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

Looks good to me. Just keep that dinner clean and tight and preferably small. Maybe some fish?

And try to ditch the popcorn. A little very dark chocolate is awesome. As are the nuts. And the banana. And the Greek yoghurt although you could try trading that out for natural, zero fat Greek Yoghurt with a little dried fruit and/or honey.

Last edited by IanG; 03-13-2016 at 09:54 PM.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 08:12 AM   #9  
Which round am I at now?

S/C/G: 158/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 5-3/4"

Hi there Mrslovette!

It looks pretty good! I recommend using a calorie tracking website to journal food and energy levels and weight loss. Even if you don't want to count calories, I think it might help you understand what works for your body, if your diet is nutritious and what balance you need to maintain to keep the weight off. Everyone here has such different diets - I'm sure you'll get mixed advice!
souvenirdarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 06:31 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 331/191/170

Height: 5'10

Hi there - I'm currently on Weight watchers - your diet looks ok - and eating 5-6 times a day is supposed to help boost the metabolic rate

comparing to the WW plans ....
first a couple of things - 1. how do you cook the popcorn is it air popped - in one of those nifty little hot air machine things - or do you get the microwave variety

if its sugared or flavoured then yes ditch it or change to plain variation

Pork - ok protein but shake it up, this reads like you only eat pork - try adding some chicken fish even turkey, and turkey is supposed to have some really good properties in it especially if you eat turkey breast - no skin baked

lots of fresh fruit n veg - carrot sticks celery if you can stomach it ... cherry tomatoes ... make nice snacks too so you can eat more often
Karencat is offline   Reply With Quote