Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2004, 10:17 AM   #1  
Empress/Queen

Exclamation CCRRMM Vernal Equinox Exercise Challenge: Hijinks at the Faire, Be There or Be Square

Come one, come all! By popular request, the Wandering Fitness Troubadors have graciously agreed to extend their Fitness Faire in the Village Square to March 21 in honor of the CCRRMM's celebration o' the Vernal Equinox ... that magical time o' year when day and night be in balance, spring officially arriveth in the Northern Hemisphere, birds and bees get a little gleam in their eyes and the voice o' the turtle be heard in the land ...

Anyway, the Fitness Troubadors are officiating at the First Annual CCRRMM's Vernal Equinox Exercise Challenge Feb. 22-March 21. All CCRRMM's are asked to come out and participate in the exercise event o' their choice. Post thy personal exercise challenges daily or weekly or in any time frame thou preferest on the giant magic board you'll find on the Faire Grounds near the Fitness Troubadors' tent. Everyone is encouraged to post any fitness challenge they have in mind for themselves ... be it a few minutes of stretching or even a day of rest (which is counted as a fitness activity).

Please come to the thread whenever thou canst and let the avid crowd o' celebratory fitness joust watchers know how each personal challenge came out ... brevity encouraged also ... the Troubadors will not let the Empress Amarantha talk thee to death!!!!

All visitors and neighbors are also welcome to join in the events!!!!

COME TO THE FAIRE IN THE TOWN SQUARE!!!! BE THERE OR BE ...

Last edited by Amarantha2; 02-22-2004 at 05:21 PM. Reason: Spelling!
Old 02-22-2004, 10:29 AM   #2  
Empress/Queen

Red face Here I am, hold the applause ...

Ok, Wandering Fitness Troubadors, I'm here ahead o' the crowds to place my personal fitness challenge on the giant board. As per thy nasty comment above, I shall not talk anyone to death and be brief:

One: I, Amarantha, pledge that this week I shall continue with my successful "360 Minutes of Exercise Quest!" Again, I shall divide the minutes up throughout the week in whatever fashion I choose and log the minutes on the spreadsheet I set up in my hard drive. I shall succeed in reaching 360 minutes for this, the third week in a row.

Two: I, Amarantha, am pledging that I shall do 30 minutes of this exercise time today (Sunday), which is often a day of rest, but one can't be sure what'll happen the rest o' the week, so it's good to get a jumpstart on the 360 minutes. It is likely to be in several short walks as I've not felt well BUT I AM PLEDGING TO ADD A VARIETY OF PLANKS to the walks, having seen a variation of that fab ab exercise in a magazine and wanting to try it!!!

Hope that be brief enough!
Old 02-22-2004, 03:04 PM   #3  
Hot Stuff

Participant Wildfire signing up for the challenge! Not sure which events in particular I will take part in yet, but the overall challenge for me is to partake of 40 minutes of exercise per day, in whichever form it may present itself. Treadmill, video, walk outside, weights...whatever.

I was looking at the Slim in 6 video package this morning. Wonder if it is as good as they claim? Of course I don't believe the infomercial "miracles", but from the glimpses of the exercise videos, they look good. Also thinking about giving Pilates a whirl.

We are having a lovely Spring-ish day here. Bright blue sunny skies, mild, ice melting everywhere....but still a chill in the air. Gives one hope, though. After my laundry is done I'm thinking about a walk outside.
Old 02-22-2004, 03:25 PM   #4  
deleted2

Queen Eydie loves a good challenge, so here goes. I may regret this but....I challenge myself to rise up early in the morning and get in some form of exercise before going to work. I love it when I can actually accomplish this---its sets me up physically and mentally for the day. However, I haven't done this in a while because it's cold and the bed is so toasty---but Spring is in the air and I must readjust my thinking!

Old 02-22-2004, 09:14 PM   #5  
Empress/Queen

Yo!!!! Huzzah!!!! Vernal Participants Wildfire and Eydie!!! Welcome to the Faire and may the spring breezes ruffle yer hair ... er, my report:

Participant Amarantha won a blue ribbon for meeting her challenges today. That'd be a 10-minute a.m. walk indoors (on "hall treadmill" ... through kitchen, living room, loooong hallway, turn around in exercise room and etc.) with several planks thrown in (practicing the "plank walk" ... do plank for the count, move arms one at a time out as if you were going to "walk" ... hold for the count, walk arms back, hold, repeat); and, a 20-minute walk/run, also on "hall treadmill." Huzzah!

Wildfire, I think videos are a good idea so if a package appeals to thee you'd probably like it, notwithstanding the marketing ploys ... haven't seen Slim in 6, but most exercise vids are pretty good, IMNotHumbleO! Why not treat thyself!? Pilates is great ... also if you're working on core strength may I put in a plug for the plank?! That tightens everything up in a jiffy! Sorry for the unsolicited advice! Have fun!!!

Eydie, you've set a hard row to hoe as usual but you can do it!!!!! Good luck on that rising early thing!
Old 02-23-2004, 06:59 AM   #6  
deleted2

I really wanted to stay in bed this morning. I mean really. But I roused my old carcass at 5:56 and did a 20 min. Pilates video and I feel good. Late, but good!

Old 02-23-2004, 10:07 AM   #7  
caffeine free!

This week I will do at least 30 minutes a day on the stair stepper.

So far so good with 35 minutes clocked in for Sunday.
Old 02-23-2004, 03:46 PM   #8  
Empress/Queen

Talking Yowza!

Yowza!!!!! Vernal Event Participant Zadie hath signed in at the registration desk with a goodly challenge and she be 35 minutes to the good already!!! Yowza!! Have a blue ribbon, Zadie ... except we dont' have a smilie for that, so have a !!!!!

Huzzahs and a to Participant Edie also, who hath also received a blue ribbon (except it looks like a banana) for hauling a** outta bed and meeting her challenge goal!!! Huzzah!

A goeth to Amarantha also for doing 55 minutes towards her weekly challenge goal of 360 exercise minutes! She doeth a 20-minute walk outdoors, 10 minutes walk/run on treadmill at gym, 25 minutes weights in gym.

Huzzah!
Old 02-23-2004, 05:39 PM   #9  
the sword bearer

S/C/G: 209/140

Exclamation

Sword-Bearer reporting in!

Was held for ransom by knights errant (we shalt not divulge the fee) over the week-end. But hast been freed now, and am ready for duty....whatever it is.

Will aim for 20 min/day of either treading or walking....guess I'll do that after work!

Avanti!

Ceara
Old 02-23-2004, 06:08 PM   #10  
deleted2

Here's my totals for today: 20 min. Pilates, 20 min. dumbells, 4 miles treadmill, and 200 crunches.

Old 02-23-2004, 07:33 PM   #11  
Empress/Queen

Yowza, Avanti Participant/Sword Bearer Ceara!!!!! Don't forget to take thy sword on thy walkies as those Knight Errants can be quite pesky!!!!!! Here be thy blue ribbon for the day ... it looks like a yellow banana, but ignore that:

Participant Eydie: Have another blue ribbon (TWO HUNDRED crunches? Wowza!!!)

Tomorrow Amarantha be going to challenge herself to go exercise first thing in the a.m. because she loseth focus later!!!! That's all she can handle with the hanging-on sinus pain (yes, went to doc but it's still here ... no fever so can exercise)! Avanti, Fairegoers, party on!

Old 02-23-2004, 07:49 PM   #12  

Oh my oh my I have been lost but now I have found you all.
I couldn't remember where I left you all but now that I know I'm in for the challenge if you will have me back once again.
My goal for this week is to make it to the gym and to do 1hr-1hr30min workout at least 4xs and on the days I don't make it to workout at home with my fitness ball.
It has been astruggle because since starting the gym after reaching my goal wt I have put on about 8.5lbs yes I have heard the it is muscle and it weighs more then fat it is still hard to accept and around the Christmas season some of it was do to a little over indulging, on the up side my clothes are not feeling snug like they did in early Jan and the scale last week was down 1.8 so maybe I'm on my way back. I do keep up with the excercise and I must say I sure feel good and I can certainly tell when I have missed a few days. I planned on going today to get my week off to a good start but my son put the brakes on that idea when he woke up this morning with a foot twice the size it should be so we spent from 9-2 at the hospital and stillwere never seen we went to the doctors office and they sent us back to the hospital for an x-ray so now we have to wait until Tues for the result but Im going tothe gym in the morning if I have to tie him to the bed till I get back. So on with the challenge.
Old 02-23-2004, 08:18 PM   #13  
Hot Stuff

Participant Wildfire picks up the blue magic marker and fills in her spot on the giant magic board in the towne square:

Activity for February 23: 40 minutes on the treadmill. UPHILL. Listening to disco. Barefoot....in the snow... Okay, not barefoot because that is not proper treadmill safety, and the power cord won't reach outside in the snow.

It was fate, or maybe just a mere coincidence, but in today's mail I received a magazine from Running Room. So I'm off to have some water and see what's inside.

Welcome back, dollar! So glad you found us again!
Old 02-24-2004, 02:31 AM   #14  
Empress/Queen

Yowza, I just love this pink typeface!!!!

And YOWZA again because here is Participant Dollar back with us again and I'm so glad to see her!!! Dollar, we have three threads currently going on this forum ... all of them start with CCRRMM (Courtly Challengers, Regal Reducers and Merrie Maintainers!!! Not sure when thou lost sight of us, but we're all more or less here!!!

Your weight loss is fantastic and I think it's great you added that 8.5 pounds of muscle ... working out at the gym is great ... I just signed up for another year!!! Thanks for joining the challenge!! Have a blue ribbon for today (and, yes, it looks like a yellow banana because, as thou knowest, we haveth no blue ribbon smilie) !!!!

And YOWZA again as the event organizers discern Participant Wildfire hath blue markered her barefoot-in-the-snow challenge success story for today!!!! Wildfire, I think it WAS fate that thou received that running mag ... thou inspireth me to running aspirations again ... have a blue ribbon that looks yellow like a banana

Old 02-24-2004, 08:31 AM   #15  
the sword bearer

S/C/G: 209/140

Smile

Did not tread last night...however, have done today's treading...20 min/1.25 miles if that thing is to be believed. 2 cups of water down my gullet also. Am off to do work programme and scavenge for oatmeal.

No food after 7 last night, 5 c of water for the day and no wine...no big eating gaffs either....not a bad day!

Ceara
Closed Thread