Old 02-10-2016, 12:29 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 233/222.4/160

Height: 5'7"

Default My Self-inflicted Birthday Challenge

Hi Guys. I'll give you a bit of background into my weight loss over the past few years. Please feel free to post with your birthday challenge.

I was always an overweight child. In my teens my weight ballooned up to 220 and at my heaviest I was 245. In 2014 I decided to do a weight loss plan that my friend was on. In the first week I lost about 13lbs and I was ecstatic. In all I'd lost 36 lbs by the end of the program. I felt great. I looked great but I was not able to maintain the low calorie low carb weight loss and slowly all of the weight crept back on.

Fast forward to now:

Now I'm following my own meal plan and I've been doing it with MFP. I track nutrition and calories so that I can still have the things I love while losing.

Since January 11th I've lost about 12 lbs and yesterday I started back exercising. This week is all cardio. I'm aiming for 4 days this week.

I feel great being back in control of what I eat and how I exercise.

My Birthday Challenge:
My birthday is on March 15th
That's 34 days from now.
I'll be turning 26.
By that date I want to have:
  • Dropped below 200lbs
  • Hit 195lbs.

My first wedding anniversary is May 1st and I really am aiming for 180 lbs by that date.

I'm feeling super charged up today!
I look forward to seeing who else has a birthday challenge their working towards.

Last edited by debest; 03-01-2016 at 09:16 AM.
debest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 04:27 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 172/165/132

Height: 5'8"

Hey debest!

I've also recently started using MFP for calorie and nutrition tracking, it's so convenient! I'm like you, I would never be able to keep it up if it meant depriving myself of certain foods I like. But the tracker just helps me have everything in moderations, and I automatically make healthier choices (most of the time) because of the calorie count.

Good luck on your challenge!

I have a little more time. :-) My birthday is September 30. I will be 29! I can't believe I'm that old..

By that date I would like to be at my goal weight of 122 lbs! That's totally achievable!
runthecontinent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 06:37 PM   #3  
Which round am I at now?

S/C/G: 158/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 5-3/4"

Hi debest and runthec! I'm turning 30 in June.
I would like to be at my goal weight and maintaining regular fitness habits for the sake of pleasure I would also like to have a bathing suit I feel sexy in.
souvenirdarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 09:40 AM   #4  

Hi runthecontinent!

Thats a pretty realistic goal. I know you can do it!
I found out that my scale has not been working and had to get a new one. My new goal is to be under 199 by my birthday. I've not been tracking as seriously after having an awful TOM but I'm getting back into the swing of it.

Hey souvenirdarling You are already in the best shape of your life! Isn't it fantastic? so getting to your goal will only push you farther into wellness. Way to go!
Old 02-29-2016, 11:22 PM   #5  
Hello!

S/C/G: 215/168.4/159.8

Height: 5' 5"

That's a totally achievable goal! You've got this!

I too have goals for my next birthday (which isn't for quite some months). It's a bit in flux right now because I'm waffling on a goal weight. But I do have a birthday challenge, too.
Penny105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 09:19 AM   #6  

Hey Penny,

When is your birthday?

I never even considered going all the way to 150 before joining this forum. i figured I'd be okay at 160-165 but regain is a real possibility and that buffer zone would be nice. Also being able to find clothes more easily and my husband being able to carry me. I think after hitting my birthday goal aiming for the 150 by next birthday may be doable.
Old 03-01-2016, 11:10 AM   #7  
Hello!

S/C/G: 215/168.4/159.8

Height: 5' 5"

My birthday was just last month, so we just passed it by. So I have about a year for my birthday goal. I kind of have an ultimate goal in mind, but I also change my mind about it quite often. My plan is to hit a certain goal by the end of 2016 and then hopefully drift down to my main goal by my birthday.

I think if your next goal is 150 by next March, that's totally doable. Not that you have to get to 150 - you may find a weight you love that's above that. That's one of the reasons I haven't settled on a goal weight - my main goal is to feel comfortable in my skin, so I'll just have to see where that takes me.
Penny105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 05:29 AM   #8  

Sounds like a good plan. I feel comfortable in my skin now and like how I look nude as does my husband but I want to be fit and most importantly I want to be able to run at least 5k. THat's always been a dream of mine but I know that to be able to do that losing some of the weight at least will be important. I also want my husband who weighs about 138 to be able to carry me across the threshold of our home.
Old 03-30-2016, 04:22 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 400/368/250

Height: 6'

Oooh, I like the idea of a birthday goal! Mine is Nov 24th. Roughly 8 months. So let's say about 50 pounds. By my birthday, I will be 320!
feverpitchfiasco is offline   Reply With Quote