Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2004, 07:16 AM   #1  

Default Its FRIDAY yahoooo

Sorry to sound so excited but I need a weekend. Even though I work sunday night Saturday off sounds nice.
I THINK the scale will go down a lb this morning ( i hope) it looks good but have to wait till my normal time as I like to do it the same time each day.
I plan to spend some time in the recipe part this weekend I need some more flavour I think but still plan to stick to eating this way.
Hope everyone is feeling good today
Happy Friday to all
Old 02-20-2004, 07:48 AM   #2  

Height: 5' 6"

Mornin' All,
I'm pretty excited about it being Friday as well. I have a question for anyone who has bought 6second ABS.. Did you get a band with yours? I did the Total Body work out yesterday but I didn't have the band so I just used some weights I had. Leave it to me to cant find the box to see if it was supposed to come in the package or not. If not I guess I'll run to Target today and pick one up. I really enjoyed the workout and would like to throw it in my routine.
Ohhh what is that I hear? Not freezing rain.. not snow.. but RAIN.. yes real RAIN!! Yahoo!! Spring is around the corner!!
Well I'm off for another exciting day at work.. blah. You all have a great day and a great weekend!
Old 02-20-2004, 08:22 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 223/GOAL/140

Height: 5'6"

Quick fly by today, have to be at work in 15 minutes, my boss is coming for a really early meeting today, Leenie I feel your pain today. jjcj hope you're not in the maritimes omg that storm looked insane. Weather is beautiful today, we're above 0!! (34F I think) So it's sandles for me today, I love the first sandle day of the year, at heart I'm very much a foot nudist. Morning Trazzie!

Happy Friday
Tummy
Old 02-20-2004, 08:23 AM   #4  

Good morning.

I am very excited this morning too.....1. it is Friday, 2. I am back down to 161 again! WOOHOOO. That means I have lost all but 1 pound of what I gained and I did it 1 week. No cheats for 4 days and this is what you get!
I can see the 150's coming. I even told my husband last night that this weekend we are to behave. No slippin in a few treats here or there and then spend all week trying to lose it again. I am determined to be down into the 150's by the end of next week.

I have to go to a baby shower tomorrow so that will be a challenge. It is at 1:00pm so I may eat my lunch before I go so that I am not hungry and will not be tempted by the snacks I am sure will be there. The cake doesn't interest me....just the cracker etc. If they have lunch I am sure it will be sandwiches. So I will make up some tuna before I leave.

Well, off to work. Will check in with you all again later.
Old 02-20-2004, 08:38 AM   #5  
Baby Steps

Jane--congrats on dropping the weight!! Good luck dodging those goodies @the shower!!!

Tummy--I think I'm the one that got hit with some of the weather you seen on the screen. We had hail when we got out of the GS meeting yesterday (5ish). Then it froze (of course), then it rained or hailed again last night. And now it's sleeting.

Trazzie: lucky you w/the rain!! I don't hear anything but winter still howling at my door!

jjcj: hope the scale goes down for you as well! Wouldn't that make an awesome way to start the weekend??

Well, we've got a 2 hour DELAY (not a cancellation mind you. just a stupid DELAY!! Are they IDIOTS?? It's nasty out! Not even a 4WD would do well in this junk!!) of school. And of course the girls are like "well mom, you could always keep us out of school like you did last time.". If they weren't whining and being obnoxious so much I probably would!!! But OMG to spend a day with them when they're behaving like THIS????? I'm not THAT crazy!!
I'm waiting to step on the scale until tomorrow morning and do an official weigh in. I'm hoping it's starting to go down again. That would be SOO nice. I think a lot of my problem is I'm not stopping eating when I should be. I make myself this HUGE salad w/some type of meat...and I eat it ALL. I'm not stuffed to the point of unbuttoning my pants. But my belly is DEFINITELY full!! I need to work on getting the salads smaller. I tried sleeping in due to the DELAY...but of course youngest DD comes into bed and saids "MOM!! WE NEED TO GET UP!!". GRRR. I look at her and said "If we NEEDED to get up wouldn't I have GOTTEN up?? We've got a DELAY, so GO TO SLEEP!". I'm growly in the morning

Hope you all have a GREAT Friday and I'll try and check in this weekend
Old 02-20-2004, 09:01 AM   #6  

Brenda: I am big Tupperware person....I have more than I can count. So, my point is....I used to do the big salads too but when I started this woe I had to cut the salad down a bit so I use my smaller (soup bowls) Tupperware and make my salad in that. I am surprised that I am satisfied with that.
I also have meat or cheese of course but 1-2 cups of salad is fine with me now.
Old 02-20-2004, 09:06 AM   #7  
Baby Steps

Jane: I'm not sure what size the bowl I use is. Probably 2 C worth. Plus I add cheese and onions and tomatoes to it. So maybe if I cut it down to 1 1/2 C lettuce w/the rest it'll help.

YAY!!!! The idgets for school got a brain and FINALLY CANCELLED it! WOOHOO!! Now I've got to figure out how to drive on these roads to get my rings. I think I'll wait until tomorrow
Old 02-20-2004, 09:09 AM   #8  
Baby Steps

Did I mention it's now snowing/raining? Well, whatever it's doing outside--it's WET!!!
Old 02-20-2004, 09:13 AM   #9  
Total Sass Bucket

Morning all!!!!
I'm happy as heck that it's Friday. No class for me tonight!!!!! Woo hooo! Got my test back last night and got a 97% on it soooo I'm pretty darned happy about that. My BF had great news yesterday and so he should be in a darned good mood when I get to see him this afternoon. I can't wait!!!
Jane: way to go on the weight!! I've noticed i'm not losing as fast as I used to but then again, I never used to cheat either (I'm clean now, I swear)
Brenda: It's raining here and still pretty warm. High of 45 today.... it sounds like you guys must still be pretty chilly up there. BE CAREFUL!!!

Had a meeting with my boss this morning re: the deposition last Thursday.... I have to tell ya, he is being such a peach. He laughed at me at one point when I said I wasn't necessarily angry with the lawyer at the time of the incident and he said "well you sure called him a lot of names" and I just looked at him.... horrified. I hadn't even realized I had sworn in front of him that afternoon. Thankfully he found it funny and he added that he had called the guy a few names as well. Then I said "Well, at the time of the incident I was in shock, the anger happened later." and then gave him a wink. I'm so glad he's being so understanding.
We start clinicals in my class next week.... I'm starting to get a little nervous. I need to find my uniform tonight when my BF and I go shopping. You know, I think my BF likes to shop more than I do!!! He's got a big interview coming up so I've got to pick him out an outfit to wear. He's so stocky that he has a tendancy not to look polished in dress clothes.... but he's lost quite a bit of weight on ATkins (started a week after me and has lost like 10 lbs more than me grrrrr) so I don't know how he'll look all dressed up anymore. I'm kind of excited to see.

Ok, I'll stop rambling!
HAPPY FRIDAY!! woo hoo!
Old 02-20-2004, 09:21 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 201/201/175

Height: 5'3"

Thumbs down

Good Morning All,
I needed Friday YESTERDAY!!!!!!!! But I'm sure glad it's here now. I've been bad I cheated all week and I feel like doodoo (being nice here) but I'm back on track this morning and as always hopeful I think it might be easier this time. I can't believe how awful I feel. It's like I haven't slept in a week and there is a rock in my stomach ....
Well, Friday or not I think I better get back to work before my boss walks past my desk
Old 02-20-2004, 09:32 AM   #11  
Baby Steps

This weather is driving me nuts. Now it's a clear snow! grrr..I want SPRING!!

Shimma-have fun shopping

Linda--welcome back on board
Old 02-20-2004, 10:11 AM   #12  
Movin' and Losin'

Jjcj: The weekends ARE exciting!

Trazzie: Glad it's rain and not snow or ice.

Tummy: I'm with you on being a foot nudist. I wear sandals 97 percent of the time, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Jane: Congrats on the loss! You've really been doing great!

Brenda: It could be worse than eating a too large salad! Sometimes I get upset at myself for eating too many vegetables, and then I think, "That's insane!!!" So, I don't let it bother me all that much.

Shimma: Have fun shopping with the BF!

Linda: You can just start over, and you'll feel much better.

Well, it's Friday, and nothing exciting planned for the weekend. Oh, well. I guess that's OK. I think relaxing and cleaning is in store.

At Wal-Mart last night, I found all sorts of exciting LC things! Thanks to Jane, I found some delicious LC yogurt -- peaches and cream. It was heavenly! I also found all sorts of Atkins products -- everything from BBQ sauce to cookie mixes. I also found a carrot cake mix (Carb Sense, I think?) that I was very tempted to get, but didn't. And, for the first time in a very long time, I went down the bread aisle to find LC bagels and bread. I was very tempted on the bagels (7 carbs) and the bread (3 carbs), but figured I could live without them. Although, I don't want to... But, I don't need to add a 7-grams-of-carbs item to my menu right now.

Hope everyone has a great Friday and weekend!

Take care,
Jina
Old 02-20-2004, 10:56 AM   #13  

Thumbs down

FRIDAY! FRIDAY! YAY!!! THANK GOODNESS!

I just got back frm tanning and going to the gym. I've gone to exercise 4 days this week. It makes me feel so good. I swear, I hope I'm on a NEW CHAPTER with my weight loss.

Sounds like most of you are having COLD, WET weather. I hate to be the bearer of GOOD news. . . BUT it is beautiful here in NC . . going to be b/t 68 & 72 today.

I have a good case of SPRING FEVER! Spring is in the air and I'm wearing SOME CUTE LITTLE CLOTHES THIS SUMMER. . at least by July 2nd!!!

I have gone 4 FULL days w/o cheating. I'm still down the 2.8 so I'm going to continue. Today is Day 5 w/o cheating. . YAY ME! Sometimes when the scales moves back up for no explained reason I find that I just want to go and drown my gain in BAD FOOD! LOL.....I know.......I know........one must take control and I seem to have done that. It is so easy TO LOSE control.

HAVE A GREAT FRIDAY and a great weekend, and I'll check back sometime over the weekend.
Old 02-20-2004, 11:52 AM   #14  
Head Princess

Hey everybody! I am definitely on the TGIF party! The skies here are clear and blue and I'm just raring to get out and start my weekend!

This morning, the plan was to come into work at 6. I woke up at 7:30 with a pain in my hip. I rolled over and discovered I was laying on my cell phone I use it for an alarm clock and must have picked it up, turned it off and gone back to sleep this morning. I'm such a dorkwad

Glad almost everyone is doing good!

Great job on the test, Shimma!

Jina - those bagels are sooooooooo yummy! But I only like them toasted. I keep some cinnamon raisin ones (9 grams!) in the freezer for very occasional use. I'm gonna go get some of the yogurt today.

Brenda - hang in there, baby! Spring's on it's way! (maybe it got stuck in the snow... )

I never worry about the veggies. Not even on induction did I measure them. I eat huge salads, use at least 3 cups of spinach when I steam it for myself, munch on celery sticks and orange bell peppers.... you get the picture.

everyone! I need to get some work done. TTLY!
Old 02-20-2004, 12:03 PM   #15  
Head Princess

I forgot to mention the most exciting part of all!!! After watching me do this whole healthy eating and exercising thing for the past 7 months, DH told me that he is starting Atkins and Pilates March 1!!!! I just about fell out of my chair! I haven't asked him to join me, but I have been telling him that I'm concerned about his apparent disregard for his health. He eats like crap and exercise is non-existant. No thought to nutrition or what his body really needs. And now he wants to change all that! Ohhhhhhhh, I'm so excited!

Closed Thread