Old 02-18-2004, 10:00 PM   #1  
Member Florida Chick

Default Way Over 40 # 7

Hi everyone. It was actually the Support Groups page. Check it out. I arbitrarily selected a number so it would not be the same as our last one.

Not much new around here. Took our dog to the Vets today, and he can't find anything really physically wrong with her, and is suspicious that she just might be in the beginning stages of doggie senility. That is the only thing that seems to make sense as far has her messing in the house, and she had never done it before. So it is a wait and see game I guess.

Alice: I can see how frustrated you all must be, when someone does such a half- ---ed job. And you are supposed to pay them to do it.

Siwa: I bet you are experiencing cooler weather than we have right now. but there is hope, it is supposed to warm up over the week-end.

Candice: Next time it is your turn to start the new thread. I think you are doing great when you can eat all those cookies and still stay ata your goal weight.

Barb: Is your snow all gone? That must have been a nice experience as long it was a short one. Have you started on the experiment, or testing, or whatever you call it? I know you said they were to notify you.

Got the tax papers ready for the accountant. Glad that is done. It isn't so bad, just takes time to organize everything. Can't go in with a shoebox full of receipts, like the H & R block t.v. ad says.

I've had some fun news. I have been searching my family ancestry, and got the marriage certificate from my GGrandfather and GGrandmother, from Wales. It is exciting to be able to put all the pieces together bit by bit.

Have a great day tomorrow. Ann
Lizziepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2004, 08:12 PM   #2  
Member Florida Chick

Hope you found this, and are just busy. Ann
Old 02-19-2004, 10:06 PM   #3  
Hang In There

[FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=4][COLOR=SeaGreen]I found it, but I don't want to talk about the research study, I was just kicked out today because, once again, I am too fat. This time it is my BMI that kicked me out. But I'll try to explain more tomorrow. Maybe then I'll know more.
ageoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2004, 01:07 PM   #4  
Citizen of the World

test post
Siwaoasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2004, 01:13 PM   #5  
Citizen of the World

Whenever I do a test post it shows up but my longer posts are deleted. POOF!! Perhaps it's a "time" thing so I'll keep it short. We've had 2 glorious days of full sun and 60's. Nicest it's been in 5 weeks. Today is warm, humid and overcast.

Last nite the condo mgmt supplied fried chicken for the building pot luck. I wanted to meet others in the bldg even if they are the ages of my parents. It didn't work out too well cuz the tables sat only 6 and we and my parents were 4 of those 6. We did talk to a nice couple from MI. They've been coming here for 14 yrs so they told us all about every restaurant.

Going to a local Mardi Gras parade tonite. Wonder how many beads well end up with.
Old 02-20-2004, 09:19 PM   #6  
Member Florida Chick

Barb: Sorry that you didn't qualify. Seems strange to me, but what do I know.

Siwa: How much longer do you have before you start back to the cold weather? Our weather is gradually improving. I really want to go swimming, but I can't get motivated until the air gets warmer.

Hi Candice, Alice, Kate.

I tried a recipe from my Welsh cookbook tonight. A gingerbread. Definitely not a diet dish, but it was very good, and I did give some of it away. I'm going to have fun trying some of the recipes in the books my Welsh Cyber friend sent me.
See you later. Ann
Old 02-21-2004, 09:29 AM   #7  

Angry

Good morning,

The worst part about this whole thing with the surveyor is that he came highly recommended. He's the one holding things up. He has to give paperwork to the septic guy, who is his brother so he can go in and do a perc test for the buyers. He hasn't even done that yet. Now next week they'll both be on vacation.

Barb, sorry that you won't be able to do the study. It doesn't make any sense to me. Hope you find out more why you were kicked out.

Siwa, hope you had a good time at the Mardi Gras parade.

Ann, how is your dog doing? Hope she's doing better.

Hope you all have a great weekend.
Alice
aleka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2004, 01:47 PM   #8  
Citizen of the World

ANN--We'll be checking out of the condo by 11 am on 3/10 and then we plan to take our time going home. We're having another lovely day today. This is the way it's supposed to be. The entire US had a fairly cold winter from what I saw on weather channel.

ALICE--How absolutely frustrating for you! My mom caught more beads than anyone and she got some really interesting ones too. I only got 6 strands of normal ones. There was an older man in front of me who kept backing toward me to catch anything thrown my way. I was afraid he'd knock me over. One time DH and I had to put our hands on his back to keep him from falling over. People do go crazy over those worthless beads.
Old 02-21-2004, 07:31 PM   #9  
Hang In There

We went to Home Depot today and loaded up on weed & feed, potting soil, mulch and pretty spring plants. Came home and actually worked in the yard.

The flowers are really pretty, just hope we didn't jump the gun and have them freeze on us!
ageoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2004, 07:49 PM   #10  
Member Florida Chick

Hope not either, but planting flowers and stuff is great fun after a long winter.
Hi everyone. Ann
Old 02-21-2004, 08:46 PM   #11  
Citizen of the World

ANN--How soon you forget! Long winter, my foot! It's just barely 1/2 over. ROFL
Old 02-22-2004, 02:02 PM   #12  

Hi everyone,
I've taken quite a hiatus. Glad to see that you're all still here. If you don't mind, I'll jump back in with you.

It's been a busy winter for me. We just got back from Las Vegas last week. Had been there to see our DS who was giving a presentation. Friends went with us so it was a whirlwind trip. I came back exhausted and came down with a cold yesterday. The first I've had in a few years and it has wiped me out. Didn't leave the house yesterday and don't plan to today. Our department at work had to move to another building on Thursday. That was a lot of packing and unfortunately our work stations didn't get in so we're still not unpacked. They were supposed to do them yesterday. It will be hard unpacking and trying to keep up with work too.

Diet-wise I'm still plugging away. It certainly is a neverending battle. I'm still at Curves. We got a new glute machine last month so the circuit takes a little longer. In January I made it 4 times a week! I felt real good about that. It won't happen this month. In addition to my cold, I did something to my back and have decided to give it some time to heal. Only hurts with certain movements, but when it happens I freeze right up.

Ann: Saw Mamma Mia while we were away. It was wonderful! Are you getting ready for any performances? Good that your taxes are done. We haven't even started to get anything together yet. What fun to be doing your family tree. I understand that it can take a lot of digging.

Barb: Sorry to hear about the study. They should give you some more information. Maybe they can recommend something else. Flowers....how I wish it was time to do that here! It will be a while yet. There's still a lot of winter left for us.

Siwa: Guess you've been away for the winter. It has been a harsh one in the northeast. It was just in the high 50's in Las Vegas, but that felt good to me. Hope you'll have nice weather for your last couple weeks in the south.

Alice: OMG, you're still trying to finish things up with the cottage! It's been quite a hassle for you. Have you been doing any reading? I just finished The Secret Hour. It dragged...our new library still isn't open so I haven't done much book reading, just my magazines.

Well, guess that's about it for now. Take care all.

Kate
Katey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2004, 05:16 PM   #13  
Member Florida Chick

Kate: How good to hear from you again. The new machine at Curves - is that the one where you push back with your legs? I use that one a lot, since that is a place where I need all the help I can get. I haven't been weighed or measured since Thanksgiving, for a variety of reasons, and going to do it this week. I just have to be focused more.
I haave been fortuante on the ancestor thing to have people helping me out. Like the cyber friend in Wales. She did things for me that I couldn't do myself. But digging is fun, sort of like putting together a jigsaw puzzle, matching up stuff.

Siwa: I guess it depends on where you are about what constitutes a long hard winter. I remember what it was like in Northern New York. And now I am just a little hot house flower It has been a cold winter for us, longer than usual.

Hi Alice, Candice, Barb. Hope things are going well for ya'll. Ann
Old 02-22-2004, 06:11 PM   #14  

Kate, it's good to have you back. When my cousin and I went to NYC in Dec. we saw Mama Mia on Broadway. Wasn't it fantastic?? I felt like getting up on stage and dancing along with everyone else. When we got home I bought the soundtrack for myself and gave one to my cousin for a Christmas gift. I play it constantly. Glad you had a good time in Las Vegas.

Ann, we still have at least 2 more months of winter even though the calendar says spring.

Barb, how I envy you being able to plant flowers now. We have to wait until the frost leaves the ground, which is sometime in May.

Hi Siwa, Candice, hope you both are having a good weekend.
Alice
aleka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2004, 05:58 PM   #15  

I'm beat....spent the day unpacking boxes and getting things set up in our new place. It's a lot smaller than where we were so it was a challenge to fit everything in. The good thing was that the time went fast, so fast that I didn't even think about eating my snack this afternoon With this cold I don't feel much like eating anyway.

Alice: I loved Mama Mia--it was a hand-clapping, foot-tapping show. It did make you feel like you wanted to dance! I'll have to look for the sound track. Are you getting some warmer temps? Today was lovely and someone said it's supposed to get in the 50s this weekend A friend actually saw a flowering crocus!!!! It was close to a building, but it does give us hope that spring is coming.

Ann: Yes, the glute is the machine where you push your leg back. It was hard at first, but it's getting easier. Good luck with your measuring. It's been a while for me too, but I don't even want to think about that yet. You definitely wouldn't have liked the winter in northern NY this year. It's been soooo frigid

Hi Candice, Barb and Siwa Hope you've had a good start to the week!

Kate
Katey is offline   Reply With Quote