Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2004, 08:03 AM   #1  

Thumbs down Thursday - Feb. 19th Chat!! Good Morning

GOOD MORNING. SINCE I'M STILL NEW AND DIDN'T SEE THE DAILY CHAT THREAD I STARTED ONE.....HOPE THAT'S OK...B/C I KNOW THAT THERE IS PROBABLY SOMEONE WHO NORMALLY STARTS IT.

JUST WANTED TO SAY THAT I WEIGHTED THIS MORNING. I COULD NOT STAND IT AFTER HAVING 3 CLEAN CHEAT FREE DAYS AFTER THE WEEKEND . . AND I WAS DOWN 2.8 POUNDS . . . YAY!

SO I'M GOING FOR MY 4TH FULL CHEAT FREE DAY . . ! I'M FIXING TO GO TAN, EXERCISE AND THEN GET MY NAILS DONE..THAT SHOULD KEEP ME OCCUPIED AND BUSY FOR THE MORNING....SO I CAN STOP OPENING UP THE PANTRY DOOR AND THE RFRIGERATOR DOOR.. .BUT FORTUNATELY THERE IS NOTHING BAD IN EITHER ! THANK GOODNESS! LOL!!

I'LL CHECK BACK IN LATER ON THIS AFTERNOON.

SO TO EVERYONE, HAVE A GREAT DAY!!
Old 02-19-2004, 08:24 AM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning Everyone

Hiya Catbird, Nooooo anyone can start up the daily thread, there's no rules
WOW Congrats on the weight loss, thats teriffic BRAVO!!!

My boss is here today

We're almost there FRIDAY!!! Any exciting plans for the weekend ? Its supposed to be 45 degrees today (YEAH!) so at lunch I'm going to go clean my car out, its horrible. Then this weekend I'm going to put up my Easter decorations outside, I love Easter, its my Favorite time of the year. Yeah I know we still have some snow on the ground but I can't stand it anymore LOL... hurry spring, ohhh hurry.

ME NEED BACON & COFFEEEEEEEEEE
Old 02-19-2004, 08:31 AM   #3  
Baby Steps

Catbird--it basically is whoever is "up" first and feels like starting it. Congrats on the weight loss! Bet that's a boost huh?

Leenie-- Sorry to hear about the boss being there. I love it when the wicked witch boss is gone. lol I don't decorate for anything but Christmas. And even that is sparse. I don't put anything outside because chances are some numnuts would steal it.

Yay!! It's almost Friday. My rings should be back tomorrow AND our Federal taxes should be in the bank tomorrow. Then I can go and look for a new mattress & box spring!! (Amongs other things). WOOHOO!!! I'm slowly managing to get back OP. I'm hoping this time to stay that way. I've discovered I never ate this tin of chocolate. But ya know what?? I've told myself "it probably isn't good anymore, but it'll look good for decoration"...and then I told myself "well, maybe later"...and by the time "later" arrived it was time for bed. lol. Whatever works right? I've got a GS meeting tonight. I'm hoping it's done before the freezing rain hits. Why can't we just skip this and go to Spring already?? It was so nice having the sun out, and be able to walk outside w/out worrying about frostbite. The gutters aren't even thawed out yet but they were getting there. Now Mother Nature wants to throw more on it. UGH!!! Ok...Going to think back to how nice it'll be if it was FRIDAY already!! lol

Have a great day!!
Old 02-19-2004, 08:50 AM   #4  
Total Sass Bucket

Good morning all!
My test last night in class went really well. I blanked on a couple of things but I'm feeling rather confident. I didn't even bring my book bag into work this morning. I'm taking a day off.... I still have to go to class tonight but I'm not even going to stress over it during the day today.
I'm taking a blood test on Monday. My gyno thinks I may have PCOS and one of the things it causes is insulin resistence..... so I've got to go in for a blood test in the morning. However, I was reading up on it yesterday and somewhere I saw that, if you are on a low-carb diet, it messes with the results. So I called yesterday and ended up talking to someone in the lab and they said it shouldn't interfere with the test results. I'm thinking about calling back and asking my doctor..... I'm not so sure the lab technician knew exactly what they were talking about. Does anyone else know anything about this? YOu're all smart women.....
I stepped outside this morning and I could smell that spring was coming (I swear, it happens every year)... there's just a different feeling to the air. So Brenda, hang in there... . it's coming!!!!!
Old 02-19-2004, 09:23 AM   #5  
Big Loser Wannabe

Good Morning!!

This is just a quick drive by, I have to get in the shower & out the door. I am going SHOPPING today I got on the scale to see a 1.5 pound loss from yesterday, so now I have lost 29 pounds, WOO-HOO! Just 4.5 pounds, and I will be on Onederland

Have a great day ladies, I will check in later. Wish me luck on finding some cool outfits that look good!!

Hillary
Old 02-19-2004, 09:28 AM   #6  
Total Sass Bucket

WTG Hillary!!!! That must feel GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD.

Old 02-19-2004, 09:32 AM   #7  

Good morning.

Two completely OP days for me and when I hopped, well not hopped...kind of gingerly stepping, on the scale this morning it showed I was down 2 of the 4 I had put on. I don't have a digital so it is guess work for me....depending on how the eyes are in the morning BUT IT IS GOING DOWN AGAIN. See.....follow the plan and it works. Simple as that.

I know it is early for StarPrincess..... but what you said about taking control of my body and not the other way around really has hit home. It's time I took it back. I'm not saying I will be good as gold every single day of my life but as long as I know that I am in control then it should be easier.

So on to work today. My numbers have been good lately so I hope I am out from under the radar screen The internet meeting that was scheduled yesterday was cancelled because of an emergency in the Tampa office. Unfortunately they rescheduled it for today Oh well, such is life.

I took one of my husbands "senior" vitamins this morning because like we were talking about yesterday it doesn't have any iron. I want to see in Fitday how my numbers come out today. I am also going to take my calcium at night and see if I can kick this hearburn, plus I am only taking one now instead of two. I have been eating the Dannon low carb yogurt so that is helping my totals.

Shimma: I was told that PCOS usually only appears in people that have extreme weight....your numbers aren't that high. The doctor that told me that may have been incorrect.....hope your tests come back ok.

lady_adnerb: Rings, what rings? New rings? Tell, tell.......oh I love jewelry.

Leenie: I'm so lucky my boss works in another state

Catbird: WHAT'S WITH THE CAPS Congrats on the loss, that is awsome!

I will check on you all later.
Old 02-19-2004, 09:41 AM   #8  
Total Sass Bucket

Jane, PCOS only showing up in people that are extremely overweight is a common misconception. It does occur in other people as well. Somewhere I read a letter from some pist off woman who was skinny and had it and was misdiagnosed for years. (All I know is what I read) As far as symptoms, I have most of them.... enough to make my doc (whom I trust completely) think it's enough to have me take the test. I know something isn't right with my body..... but I'm not sure what. He's running 2 other tests as well. I went ahead and called the doctor's office and asked to speak with his nurse..... she'll ask him the question and then call me back. I hate demanding a doctor's time because I know they're busy but I feel it's a very important question, ya know?
the only thing I'm dreading is him telling me that "yes, you will have to eat regular carb meals for 3-4 days beforehand".... I don't wanna!!!!! It will definitely be another month before I go on the pill if that is the case. I have about 5 more lbs I want to lose before I'd be ok with having a stall.... if only I could actually PLAN when I stall like that. hehehe
Old 02-19-2004, 09:54 AM   #9  

Shimma: That is very interesting......I wouldn't worry about your demanding a doctors time. I managed a doctors office for 12 years and if they don't want to talk to you then you don't want to go to them. My old boss was adament about getting back to everyone that called on that day. Used to drive me crazy but now that I can't get anyone to EVER call me back I totally appreciate it.
If you have to do the carbs then just do it ...it is only for a few days. You want the test to be accurate. That is more important than "maybe" a few pounds.
Old 02-19-2004, 10:13 AM   #10  
Head Princess

Hey all!

Catbird - WTG on the weight loss!

Leenie - ugh! I forgot about Easter! I used to have a serious addiction to those cadbury creme eggs and the cadbury mini eggs. St. Paddy's is my new favorite holiday because it's the only major one I know of that doesn't revolve around candy and bad food. It just revolves around beer

Brenda - good job avoiding the tin o' evil! Procrastination works well for me, too!

Shimma - glad the test went well. I have one tonight so I'm hoping your luck rubs off on me. There is a PCOS thread on the forum. I think it's near the top in the general section. They may be able to give you some info, too. And if doc says you have to eat carbs, then have doc define how much. It's not like you need to start eating pasta for 3 days or anything, I'm sure

Hillary - wow! You're doing great! You must be one of those people who aren't metabolically resistant!

Jane - you have no idea how relieved I am that you said that. I was worried that I'd offend you when I gave the mini lecture on taking control. It really is the one thing that's made the biggest difference to me. And not just with food.

My day started out great even though it started out way too early (5:30, ugh!). DH left an envelope in my car that had written on the front "Brandi, I promised!" I'm thinking to myself, WTF? So I open it up and inside are several partially popped popcorn kernals. The partially popped ones are my favorites and the last time I had popcorn, he ate them all! I guess he had popcorn last night after I went to bed. I'm still laughing. What a funny, sweet guy!

TG - I love 'America's Next Top Model'! I don't know why, but I'm as addicted to that as I am to 'American Idol'. I want to see Camille get booted off, too, but I'm still happy to see crybaby Katie go. As for the coffee thing. I wouldn't bother with starbucks. They're too expensive. How about 7-11? Seriously, I get a half-caf french roast. No cream. 1 packet of splenda. It also depends on how caffeine affects you. A diet dr. pepper will do the same thing to me. Caffeine has always made me shakey and dizzy and it doesn't take much!

Jina - MMMMMMMMMMMM Subway wraps! The people here don't warn me about the veggies increasing my carb count. I just insist on having the whole thing cold (fills me up more for some reason) and when I ask for the lettuce, onions, cucumbers, and olives, I ask them to put on as much as possible while still being able to close the wrap. And don't cut it! They're good about it. I think they're used to me

Last edited by StarPrincess; 02-19-2004 at 10:19 AM.
Old 02-19-2004, 11:20 AM   #11  

Where is the PCOS thread? I would like to take a look!
Old 02-19-2004, 11:42 AM   #12  

StarPrincess: I must admit that at first I was like....."what the....." but then I realized that you were right and it was about time I stopped dancing around the issue. Sometimes we need someone who gets right to the point.
That is one of the reasons we come here, to get the advise and support we need. We may not always like the advise but as long as we are honest and caring with each other it is a great place to be.

Last edited by jane8760; 02-19-2004 at 11:46 AM.
Old 02-19-2004, 11:57 AM   #13  
Head Princess

Jane -

Rebekahad - here's the link PCOS forum on 3FC
Old 02-19-2004, 12:07 PM   #14  
Total Sass Bucket

Well, the doc said my diet wouldn't affect my blood tests soooo.... yeah I get to stay on plan!!! (Must now kill any thought I had of candy bars) Actually, I'm very glad, I feel like I cheated myself out of a pound or two from being bad last weekend and I would very much like to get back on track.

Had a meeting after work yesterday over classes for next year.... Suddenly I have an entire NEW class I have to write curriculum for and find a book for. Ugh. Don't get me wrong, I'm excited..... I just wish they would have gotten their act together before now..... I know I know, that's too much to ask not to have it dropped on me at the last minute. The good news is that this is the last week of my class, after this week I just have clinicals.... Oh yeah, and the HUGE test next Tuesday... FUN!
Everyone seems to be in good spirits today and thanks for the advice and words of encouragement Jane and Star. I'm off to have my "treat".... a can of tangerine Diet Rite.... made with Splenda and no caffiene. YUM!
Old 02-19-2004, 02:39 PM   #15  
Movin' and Losin'

Hey, ladies!

Catbird: Welcome!

Leenie: I absolutely love Easter, too. It's my favorite holiday. I can't wait to pull out all the decorations!

Brenda: Good job at avoiding the chocolate!

Shimma: I hope your tests go well (medical and school)! YUM! Tangerine Diet Rite??? I think I've got to find this stuff! I love orange-flavored soda!

Hillary: Congrats on the loss! Those pounds are flying off of you!

Jane: Congrats to you, too! Great job on the loss and staying OP!

Star: It sounds like you've got those Subway folks under control! I'm just so happy to have a decent option if I have to eat out. It's a lot better than eating a bunless burger. And, I feel so healthy eating a wrap filled with veggies.

I've been staying OP and feeling really good about this WOL again. I guess I just went through a little downer period. That's bound to happen every now and then, right? I've realized that Atkins has given me the most satisfaction and results of any attempt I've made to lose weight, so why stop such a good thing??? Not that I want to lose weight this slow, but DH pointed out that if I just lost 2 pounds per month, I'd be pretty darn close to my goal weight at the end of a year. Putting it that way, it sounds completely and totally doable. I think I have these visions of wearing a bikini on the beach ASAP, and that just isn't realistic. But, it's nice to know that I'll eventually get there with this WOL and exercising. It gives me hope!

OK. I have a question that I know you fabulous and brilliant ladies will have an answer to. Caffeine is suggested to be avoided because of the fact that it can trigger cravings, correct? It has some sort of effect on blood sugar, right? Is that the reason to avoid it? Is there any evidence that says it could stall weightloss? I didn't think so, but wasn't sure. (Sorry to pester you with a question, but I don't have my book handy.) That's just something I never gave up. I love Diet Pepsi and Diet Dr. Pepper, and the only time I get it is if I'm out to eat, so there usually isn't a caffeine-free version available. (I have to limit myself to just getting it when we go out to eat so I don't drink it nonstop. I love, love, love that stuff!)

I forget. Does anybody here go to Curves? I've always been really interested in it, I've just never joined. And, since we'll have some more money coming our way in the near future, I was thinking about joining. I just wanted to hear the reviews on it, if anybody's a member.

WOW! I just realized I'm being rather wordy today. This is a monster post. I'll stop now. Hope everyone has a great day!

Take care,
Jina
Closed Thread