Old 01-01-2016, 02:34 AM   #1  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Default Worldies Jumpstart Old Goals in New Year

everyone!

A new year, fresh start, new goals. Whatever you are striving for in 2016 - set your mindset to succeed. Are you going to make progress or excuses?

2015 has had it's share of ups and downs but we have come through it together, supporting one another and I hope we can continue this as we spend one more year together.

I wanted to get the new thread set up (thank you for your title suggestions - Susie and Laura had the makings of a common theme so I ran with it). Going to hit the sack now so I will come back tomorrow for personals.

Happy New Year! Let's make it an exciting and healthy 2016.

Here's the click back to our December home if you're interested
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 02:44 AM   #2  
Choose your hard

Doing another post to bump this thread up on the list
Old 01-01-2016, 12:43 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Good morning.
Had a very peaceful NYE by myself. I was tired so I thought staying a home would be in my best interest.
I did hear results from my aunt late yesterday. The kids talked to the doctor who did the surgery and said he thought that she had brain cancer. The tumor was on the brain. We will not know for sure until the test results come back in about 4 days. In the mean time she was moved out of ICU this morning and into a regular room. My uncle is trying to stay positive, but I don't think he knows what the doctor told the kids.
Fixing ham, blackeyed peas, and spinach for my lunch today.
My ear is lot better today.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 01:35 PM   #4  
Sandee

Height: 5' 2"

Happy 2016 everybody

Thanks Happy for starting our new thread

Thanks Laura for the names you suggested

A typical night for us going out to dinner & home safe and sound before 11pm. I watched TV & danced with Pitbull @ midnight, while my hub's fell asleep after the TV news @ 11:30.

Good Luck with each of your 2016 goals

Dee
miniDoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 05:10 PM   #5  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Just lost my post due to me being stupid. I'll try to recreate it as I can.

Happy New Year to you all. I hope that this year we can achieve at least some of our hopes and goals and get on the road to health and prosperity.

I've been pretty busy which is why I haven't been posting much. If I sit here too long I just drift off to sleep again, so in an attempt to get a few things done I am going to keep this fairly short.

I had the DS1, partner and little Miss S from the 20th to the 26th. We had a reasonable time - but apparently my house wasn't clean enough to eat in so food was taken out and we never actually sat down for a meal together. All the food I had got in has been frozen or eaten later with Chris. We all went up to Mooloolaba (wouldn't Mel have loved that word) one day to see the Underwater World which was nice. And we HAD to go shopping one day - which was supposed to be a short snappy 1 hour job and turned into an all day effort - during which little miss S wasn't the only one who had a meltdown. Anyway it went off okay I guess and they were happy.

Then Chris arrived and we joked and laughed our way through the days which were all too few. We went down to Byron Bay one day and unfortunately so did thousands of others so we didn't stay that long - saw the lighthouse and found a car park and had lunch and then came home. Byron Bay is a small seaside town known for being somewhat 'alternative' and having celebrities such as Russell Crowe and Nicole Kidman among others who have homes there. There is another little town inland from Byron which was the hippy home in Australia and was somewhat wild from all accounts - however today it is known as nearly normal Nimbin. I stuck her on a plane on New Years Eve and came home and went to bed. I was totally worn out.
Now I have to plan for the arrival of DS2 and partner - home from their cruise I think tomorrow. They haven't told me yet so I am not quite sure.

Romeo the cat disappeared on Tuesday night which only added to the stress and reappeared yesterday morning as if nothing had happened. Miss Sunday takes it all in her stride - he's here, he's not here, so what.

Ruger the dog, is a one dog demolition unit, henceforth referred to as a ODDU. So far the tally is 2 shoes (from different pairs of shoes, but he did manage a left and a right) several little paper knickknacks that somehow got onto the floor, 2 of his toys, holes in 2 hoses and much of the geotextile in the garden to prevent weeds. Good job he is cute, and you can't leave anything on the kitchen bench unless it is right at the back, otherwise you will find it on the floor. He 'fetched' my water bottle yesterday but did give it back undamaged and also had a thought about one of my sneakers this morning but finally worked out that there would be no walks with no shoes. However he is extremely intelligent and will not make the same mistake twice - just thinks up new ones to do. I now have 2 pairs of shorts that I have to put a belt on them to wear them. So maybe he is 'helping' me to lose weight

Okay, I will get back into personals next time, but in the meantime enjoy your weekend and have a happy break from work - stay safe and warm, whereas here we are trying to stay safe and cool.

Pictures are: The DS1 and family, a bearded dragon in the Parklands and the fern gully in the Parkland. Enjoy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1040984a.jpg (97.3 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg P1050003a.jpg (26.7 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg P1050033a.jpg (57.4 KB, 5 views)
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 02:30 PM   #6  

Height: 5'7"

Thanks Happy for the New Thread. I like the title.

My goals are an old goal. I sort of got out of focus on the weight I want to loose to make riding and fitting in the roller coaster seats easier, so I'm back to focusing on that goal. I feel that a 20 lb loss will really help and so I am making that the first goal and I would like to reach it by the middle of April as Kings Island opens up somewhere in that time frame and we will need to start using our passes.

My other goal is to have a loss or no gain for EVERY TOPS meeting this year.

DH has a great time on New Year's Eve and his birthday dinner. The food and service we excellent. There was a total of 14 of us and we all enjoyed our time. My cousin was very funny and "roasted" him with a gift of a walker and some items that "older" people find useful.

We were in bed by 1 a.m. after watching the "ball drop" with those who came back to our house.

All my cleaning messed up my back. I went to the Chiropractor on Friday morning. He got me out of pain and fairly mobile. I went again today and it's improving more.

He did tell me that I could do any exercises that were symmetric and that riding my exercise bike for 15 to 20 min would be ok. I did that yesterday and today, and I'm also doing some of my physical therapy exercises.

DH is helping me with carry the laundry to and from the washer and dryer.

Shad: It sounds like you made the best of the visit with DS1 and his family.

Ceejay: I'm hoping the tumor your Aunt had isn't cancer. My neighbor had a tumor and one doctor told her he thought it was but another said he didn't think so and it did turn out that it wasn't cancer so there is hope.

I saw on the old thread that you had your review and it seems to have been a pretty good one. Good for you for the increase!

Dee: I danced a bit with Pitbull myself! Happy New Year to you! How is your eye?

Annie: Are you starting to feel better? I saw that the doctor gave you some meds.

Laura: How was the comedy club?

Terra: I saw that you didn't think you were going to make your mini goal. I understand being disappointed but just move it out a week and make it! You can do it!

Hi Michelle--if you are out there!? We miss you here.
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 07:01 PM   #7  

Susie
Thank you for you vote of confidence in the report of the brain tumor that was removed from my aunt. I'm not sure if I can believe what her daughter in law told me. I'm trying to stay positive.
---------
Speaking of my aunt, I was speaking with her via phone when her doctor came in the room. She's getting to come home today. My uncle said the doctor drilled a small hole and pulled out the tumor. He did have to break a bone but hey, I'm impressed. She sounded really good.
I don't usually make New Year goals. But there is one thing I really need to work on and that is how to love myself, find inner peace and not let others try to out think or make me do something I don't feel is right for myself. I'm a people pleaser and that makes it hard on me at times.

I went out to the Mississippi River this afternoon. It's full and gone over it's banks in some area's. It's always fun to watch the water in the river. Today the water was blue. There are under currents and this makes the river look as though some of the water go down river and some come up the river.
Pulled out my new Elvis DVD and listened to it. He can always calm my nerves.
And when I do move to Jonesboro, I will most definitely have my own apartment. Bff has to much company. I don't and like my peace and quiet.
Old 01-02-2016, 07:10 PM   #8  

Happy New Year Worldlies. Just popping into say hello. We're on our way to a party. I threw together the meatball /chili sauce/cranberry sauce appetizer (in the crockpot) to bring.

Be back tomorrow. Have a good rest of the day ladies.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 01:53 AM   #9  
Choose your hard

Hi everyone,

I promise I will post and catch up Sunday. Been a busy few days. We had our eye on some kitties at the shelter and took another one home New Year's Eve. I don't know, I have lost my darn mind. So we are watchful and trying to determine if Hannah will be able to fit in. And I am trying to prepare for the Whole 30 experience and I didn't plan enough so will have to reset to Monday. DH wanted to take the scaffolding down today which I had decorated for Christmas so I had to take that stuff all down. It's down but not put away. I am back to feeling like I am drowning in to-do's.

Anyway I do want to get to sleep shortly so I'll post in the morning.
Old 01-03-2016, 10:36 AM   #10  

Happy
Ah, a new kitten. Going to look up the Whole 30 and see what this is about.

------
Not much news this morning. It is my first day to work in 2016. I've finished the reports. And it is cold.
Old 01-03-2016, 05:07 PM   #11  

Height: 5'7"

Hi Everyone: It has been a chilly but sunny day here in Ohio. I'm ok with the cold this time of year as long as it is dry and sunny.

My back is feeling a bit better and I have a little more flexibility in it but not anywhere close to normal yet. DH helped me with the rest of the housework. He was a good sport and took orders well.

I finished the Nicholas Spark book "See me". I think it was Happy who asked me to post what I thought about it. It took a while to get into. I'd say at least a 1/4 of the book and then I couldn't put it down. It's not his typical book, but it is very good and keeps one's interest.

I did go through my work email last night for a couple of hours sorting out things so I know where to start tomorrow morning. I feel so blessed to have a good job, but I have really enjoyed my time off. I am determined to not let it consume me when I get back.

I've been thinking about how to put that into action. My best thought is that I check email only every 2 hours, and when people IM I'm going to ask if it is urgent or timely and if not, I'm going to ask them to send an email.

The time between is to work where I can focus on reports, scheduling a new meeting etc. I will also start at 4 p.m. to shut down for the day so that when it is 4:30, I 'm putting on my coat and ready to head out.

If something is really urgent and can't wait until the next day. I will give 1 hour to it at home, after my workout and my dinner.

I plan to give both my managers this plan and tell them that at the end of 3 months I would like to review with them how I went.

This will take a lot of discipline on my part and I look at it as working smarter not harder.

Ceejay: I do hope things go well for your Aunt. My friend who had the tumor had her's removed in much the same way as your Aunt did. This was the 2nd time she had it removed. The first was 25 years ago where they had to shave her head and cut all the way over the top from ear to ear. They have made many advances in medicines these days.

Laura: I hope the party was fun!

Happy: How is Hannah fitting in?

Hello to the rest of the Worldlies. I will see you tomorrow.
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 08:42 PM   #12  
Sandee

You'all, Downton Abbey starts in 20 minutes. I'm watching Galavant right now

I hope you'all enjoy your week & remember that tomorrow is meatless Monday

I have my Ophthalmologist appt on Wednesday afternoon. I'm praying & wishing for good news for my vision

Did anyone celebrate national 'bacon day' last week, what did you make/eat

Old 01-03-2016, 09:09 PM   #13  

Another quick pop in to say hello.

We got back from bf's family holiday gathering an out an hour ago. Good to see everyone, but it was a lot of people & it was very loud much of the time. Glad to be home where it's quiet.

I walked doggy around the block, and bf fed him after a bit of "calm time".

We've got Downtown Abbey dvr'g as well as the pre & post DA shows.

Back to work tomorrow. This weekend felt so busy to me, it sure would be nice to take the day off tomorrow. Maybe I will...
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 01:55 AM   #14  
Choose your hard

Hi all,

I have an early start tomorrow with the dentist. Then I offered to pop over to the shelter and help with laundry - Monday is a very busy day for them. The only way to make sure they don't cram the new washer is to do it myself.

Watched Downton Abbey tonight - that was my guilty pleasure. I ordered the 5 season set from Amazon and also ordered season 6. It's the one show I binge watched so I'm sure I will watch this again.

Sadly, we don't think we can keep Hannah. She is a wonderful kitty, if a bit kitten rambunctious but my poor Nina is totally traumatized. She is hiding in the closet, in the far back shelf in the basement. She has not ate or drank much in the last couple of days. Meadow just hisses at her but at 10 years old and most of her teeth removed, she is not in the mood for a "kid" to pester her. So besides Nina being so scared, it is also not fair to Hannah to get hissed at constantly when all she wants is a playmate. We are sad about this, me especially because I suggested it. I guess fostering is also out of the question. I am totally floored by Nina's reaction. Hannah is a cutie, I'm sure she will have no problems getting adopted. I just know that no one will spoil her as good as we did

I am glad I decided to reset my Whole30 to Monday - and this time I am ready for it. I learned a very valuable things over the last 2 days that will help me get through the next 30.

My apologies for lack of personals. It's 1am and I have to get up at 6 so I need to get to bed. Just wanted to say hi.
Old 01-04-2016, 05:49 AM   #15  
Sandee

Good morning
When hubby left for work I was going to watch the news & then catch a few zzz's, but as I passed PBS I froze on it Special shows are on explaining how the D.A. shows are made, with exact replications from that era with D.A. show clips, just as enjoyable as the series Right now I'm watching the Manners.

Happy, I'm sorry about Hannah not fitting into your family. But you got joy having her with you for a short while & it probably helped her also to learn more about being socialized in a home with more kitties, so you gave her a good experience being with you

Laura, Yep there's no place like home after being at a big family gathering. We don't have a DVR.What kind does everyone have?
We still use a TV antenna because we receive 50 free channels, including Fox, Chicago, HSN, Qvc, Comet, ION, etc. We'd really like to be able to copy TV shows to view later, so I appreciate your advice on a DVR.

Last edited by miniDoodles; 01-04-2016 at 05:51 AM.