Old 12-07-2015, 03:29 PM   #1  

Default new

hey yall- i posted this in the introductions thread but thought i'd post it here as well!!

i'm brand new here and looking for an accountability partner somewhere around my same age.
i'm 27 and i've gained 40 pounds in the past year. 40 pounds!! i am now 65 pounds heavier than i was at my thinnest.
i moved last december from NYC to a small town in north carolina, and that is a main part of the problem. in NYC i made more money, and could afford a personal trainer and ordering all of my meals out. i ordered healthy food, and since i didn't grocery shop, i didn't have snacks tempting me in the house. i also walked everywhere, usually between 4-6 miles a day.
now i have a desk job, can't afford a trainer, and i live with my boyfriend who pretends he's allergic to anything healthy. and this is the south. there is fried food everywhere and people love to eat.
i know what i need to do to lose weight, i just haven't been able to stay motivated for more than a few days at a time.
if anyone is looking for someone to be their accountability partner, let me know!! i have always done really well once i get into a routine, i just need help getting into one!
erinkelly523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 07:33 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 200/200/125

Height: 5'2

Talking

Hey there! I posted in intros as well but here is mine.....

Hello Everyone

My name is Katie and I was a member here a few years ago. I met some pretty neat people and saw some super inspirational success and in progress stories! I need a support group as I am back at it again.

I am 26 and struggled with my weight my whole life (from about 13 years old). I have struggled to fight terrible messages and brain washing done by my mother about weight and how women should look..that was reinforced by many other people throughout my life. When I was 19 I was in a bad relationship and used that to fuel losing 50 lbs.

My heaviest weight was probably 225. When I was 19 and really made the change I was at 195 and got down to 147. I fluctuated between 155-165 more a couple years after that. I even got back up to 186 and then back down to 158. But my steady was around 165.

I was very active, ran 3 marathons, several half marathons, hundreds of obstacle races, and became a personal trainer. This last year the person closest to me, my father, passed away 6 months after being diagnosed with cancer. He was my best friend and the shock of the diagnosis sent me into a spiral down all summer and then in sept when he passed away it only got worse.

I am in a supportive relationship with a man I went to high school with and we have been best friends for nearly 10 years, and been dating for over a year. He loves me no matter my size, and has seen my struggle over the years and wants to be there for me, eat healthy with me, work out with me and do what he can to support me.

I suffer from severe depression and anxiety that was only made extremely worse after the passing of my father and the 30 lb weight gain that followed.

I need help from this community to get and stay motivated to lose 75 lbs :X woof

<3 Katie

So that being said I think we have alot of commonalities...where in NC do you live? many of my family members and family friends live there. I also will be there a few times a year for work!

Looking forward to chatting with you We got this!
Katieeee2689 is offline   Reply With Quote