Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 11-24-2015, 09:35 AM   #1  
Sandee

Height: 5' 2"

Default Fitbit User's WINTER Daily Challenge & ALL Fitness Trackers

Fitbit User's Daily Winter Challenge is for posting your personal Goal & checking in here for support, because many of us Normally walk Outdoors. Suggestions are very Welcome as we aLL try to keep healthy & active thru the winter months.

If you don't have a Fitbit & you use another type of pedometer that counts your steps, pLease hop on this thread & join us for support

Last edited by miniDoodles; 11-24-2015 at 10:09 AM.
Old 11-24-2015, 09:58 AM   #2  
Sandee

My normal daily steps are always Outdoors 10,000 - 12,000 & a few times this year I did 15,000. Winter is here & I am semi-retired & I work part-time from home so I don't have the opportunity to walk indoors @ a job like most people do to actively walk 10,000 steps as recommended by the American Heart Association.

My Daily Winter walking goal is 5,000 steps daily during the holidays & afterwards 6,000 steps daily until spring when I can walk outdoors again

Steps:
Nov. 23= 6,843
Old 11-24-2015, 10:22 AM   #3  
lovemylife001

S/C/G: 180/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7

Hi MiniDoodles,

I'll join you on this thread. I also use a fitbit and love it. My average now is between 10-12,000 steps per day. As you said with winter and holidays coming I will aim between 6-8,000 per day.

I tried walking outdoors last year and twisted my ankle on some ice that I slipped on, so won't be doing that again. I'm excited to be here. Thanks for starting this thread
Old 11-25-2015, 12:56 PM   #4  
Sandee

Hi,
I just finished picking up the last of our Thanksgiving feast foods. It's scary to think about the calories I'll eat tomorrow. I'm still going to input my food on my Fitbit dashboard to see how far off I am, to get a idea of how active I need to be to get them off. Our temps r warm today & the snow has turned to mud so I won't be walking outdoors later. Hopefully I can take a walk sometime tomorrow after everybody leaves here & our colder temps r back. Otherwise I'll be bumping-up my steps & burning calories while sale shopping this weekend.

lovemylife, Hi & Thanks for joining me It's nice to have ppl to share the same situations with. Ouch about your knee last winter, if you ever walk outdoors again in the winter maybe you could slide-on those ice-spikey things over your boots? What section of Michigan r you at, it seems like our temps vary & weather changes, a hour in any direction from where we live. I live 2 hours north of Lansing & get the snowfall from Lake Michigan & the cold temps from Houghton Lake. A good area for winter sports & enjoying the summers w 3 lakes near us. Good Luck with walking-off your Thanksgiving Feast tomorrow

Dee's Steps:
Nov. 24= 6,989
Nov. 23= 6,843

Old 11-25-2015, 05:19 PM   #5  

Hi Dee. Quick hello. Thanks for starting the thread.

I get my steps from my work commute, but they don't add up if I get rides to & from the train! Like yesterday. Ended up with 8368, but only because I got out at lunch for a short time & because we went grocery shopping after work. And of course I still had my steps between the downtown train station & the office.

Lovemylife - I know about slippery walks myself, and I too recommend the spikey things that stretch onto the soles of your shoes. Very effective.

Today I'm off work, so my steps came from the dog walk the afternoon. And I'm sure the meal prep has added some - stirring, chopping, etc. .

Oh, BTW, I use a Fitbit Flex.

Have a great Thanksgiving!
Old 11-25-2015, 05:28 PM   #6  
lovemylife001

Good Evening Everyone

Hope everyone is enjoying Thanksgiving eve! I went to the grocery store today, what was I thinking lol. It was complete madness lol. I saw on another thread where someone had bought some Bolthouse Farms Eggnog, so I just had to go get some lol.

I will take to my parents home tomorrow. My mother always host Thanksgiving dinner, so I don't have to cook lol

Dee You are way up north lol. I'm in the suburbs of Detroit. In Oakland County. If you've ever been down this way, I stay in a place called Royal Oak. It's a nice town.

Laura I will denfinately check into those spikey things for my shoes, I don't want anymore accidents.

I did get out for a walk today. The weather was nice and in the 50's. My steps for yesterday is posted below. I will be checking in tomorrow before I head out. Have a good night everyone!

Trina's Steps:
Nov 24 7677

Last edited by lovemylife001; 11-25-2015 at 05:29 PM.
Old 11-26-2015, 08:28 AM   #7  

Morning all. Steps for yesterday, Nov. 25th were 10,024.

I know the Fitbit picks up a lot of movement that isn't really steps, but I've gotten used to it. That's just the way it is.

Wishing you a happy Thanksgiving. I know have much to be thankful for.

Last edited by Laura705; 11-26-2015 at 08:31 AM.
Old 11-26-2015, 09:28 AM   #8  
lovemylife001

Good Morning Everyone Happy Thanksgiving!

I hope that everyone has a wonderful day with family and friends. Steps for yesterday were 8024.
Old 11-27-2015, 12:19 PM   #9  

Hello all. Yesterday's steps were 10,742. I did take a dog walk, but I think most of the "steps" reflected all my time in the kitchen - stirring, chopping, whisking, etc.

I hope you had a wonderful holiday. My boyfriend and I enjoyed hosting his mom and a couple friends for dinner, but it sure is a lot of work. Today we're taking it easy. No shopping either!

Off for some more reading & tv.

Last edited by Laura705; 11-27-2015 at 12:20 PM.
Old 11-27-2015, 12:27 PM   #10  
lovemylife001

Good Afternoon Everyone

I hope that everyone had a great Thanksgiving with family and friends.

Yesterday's steps were horrible lol. A lot of sitting around with the family. Steps were only 6791. Today is a new day. I woke up and exercised now I'm just doing some more online shopping. Have a great day everyone!
Old 11-27-2015, 12:58 PM   #11  
Sandee

Hello girls I hope your Thanksgiving day was wonderful, ours was & it surprised me when I synced my Charge @ night that my steps were pretty good. I see our family kept me moving during the day me getting over 7000 steps Except when I watched the Detroit Lions kick the butts off the Philadelphia Eagles, we needed that win

Today I decided to cyber shop instead of standing in lines; but I sure could burn-up lots of calories store shopping that I ate yesterday, because I only wear my Charge around my ankle to b accurate w my steps... Girls I hope you'all find lots of deals Our biggest gift $ dent is buying the 4 kids gifts, w many electronics on their Christmas lists. Clothing is just as pricey for their smaller sizes as adult sizes. I hope cyber Monday has lots of deals I can use for gifts.

Trina & Laura Both of you aLways have a Healthy number of steps daily & did Great yesterday! Anything over 5,000 in the winter is really good & especially during a holiday dinner is wonderful.

Have w wonderful Holiday weekend Everybody

Dee's steps:
Nov.26= 7855 Thanksgiving
25= 6763
24= 6989
23= 6843
Old 11-27-2015, 03:40 PM   #12  
Sandee

Trina ~ I was going to tell u that yes I have been to Royale Oak but not for several years. I sold 1 of my miniGoldenDoodle puppies to a family from there & another puppy this summer to a couple that lives in Dearborn & the wife takes their girl puppy daily to work in her office. When some corporate management ppl were in her office for a meeting, her 10 month old puppy got most of the attention she said in a recent email. We have a litter from our other Doodle momma arriving before Christmas but her puppies won't be ready until Valentine's week. I plan to retire both our Doodle momma's from breeding, so I will genuinely miss nurturing puppy litters daily during their first 7 weeks of life living in our dining room. I've bred our pet dogs for +20 yrs, just as my daddy had done as a dog trainer/breeder....

On ABC: The Chew TV show went to Taste Love Cupcakes store in Royal Oak, I wrote the name down to go there whenever we go back to that area & be a customer. Have you ever ate their food? The Chew show gave the mom entrepreneurs Michelle & Yolanda their first large mixer as a surprise gift; such a thoughtful thing to do to help them along w putting them on National TV bringing new customers to them. 'God has a world full of amazing ppl' it's so encouraging to see positive ppl among us! Next summer my hubby & I are going back to the Detroit area to visit & other local towns including yours seeing them become alive again w the newer, improved business community.

Today my steps are from the sofa watching football & movies, then to the kitchen for food & back to the sofa. Just a laid-back & lazy day whenever it's bad weather & cold. I wish I had some kids here today to keep me busy today.

Tomorrow I hope it's not raining, snowing or muddy so I can walk outdoors & b active w my steps & for you'all also

Old 11-27-2015, 06:54 PM   #13  
lovemylife001

Hi Dee,

That's so awesome that you breed miniGoldendoddles. My dog of 13 years died last September and I've been on the fence about getting another one. I took her death really hard. She was like my baby and had been diabetic for 3 years prior to her death. I had to check her glucose and give her insulin everyday. She was such a great dog. She was a german shepherd mix.

There isn't a cupcake place that I haven't tried lol. Sweets are my weakness It's been a laid back day for me as well. I've done some shopping online and did venture out to Meijer's for a few items. I was really surprised it wasn't crowded at all.

I made some ham and bean soup with some of the leftover ham from yesterday. Eating was good today, but my steps are lacking. I may get on the elliptical if I'm motivated.

Have a great night everyone

Last edited by lovemylife001; 11-27-2015 at 06:55 PM.
Old 11-27-2015, 08:31 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Hi Dee
Just getting around to posting here. Thanks for stating this thread. My steps will not be as much as Laura's and Trina's but I'm working on it.

Did my version of step aerobics in my room last night after my aunt and uncle retired to their bed room for the night. Got in my mile and 5500 steps. Raising my steps to 6000 for the upcoming week.
Old 11-28-2015, 06:35 PM   #15  
lovemylife001

Hi Everyone

Just wanted to check in and say hello. It's been a busy day for me today. Steps yesterday were 8313 definitely better than the day before.

Have a great evening everyone!
Closed Thread