Old 02-15-2004, 12:46 PM   #1  

Exclamation Feeling Discouraged

undefined Hi everyone. I am a 36 yr old mother of one. I used to visit this site about a year and a half ago. At that time I had lost almost 30 lbs but have gained back almost 15. I now have 35lbs to lose. I am having a hard time sticking to anything for more than a couple of days and really need someone to help jumpstart me and to share in the frustrating ups and downs of weight loss. This year I am determined to reach my goal and need some support! PLEASE HELP!

Last edited by Sprite; 02-15-2004 at 12:59 PM.
Sprite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2004, 01:07 PM   #2  
northernclipper

HelloSprite

I hear you and know how you're feeling. I too have 30lbs to lose and have been trying to loss it for three years. I have four children and a part-time job. It seems like I'm always on the run and yet I can't lose the weight. I think if we have something to work for it'll make it easier. Feb 10th was my 25th anniversary and my husband got us tickets to Europe in the spring, so I have joined the challenges on this site, started walking every nite and joined weight watchers. Join along with me

sw161
gw140
Feb15/04

Last edited by northernclipper; 02-15-2004 at 01:10 PM.
northernclipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2004, 01:07 PM   #3  

Welcome back!
I too have close to the same amount to lose and we're in the same age group. Good luck and you can do this.
dinamichele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2004, 05:09 PM   #4  

Default Thanks for the supportive words!

Thank you Northern Clipper and DinaMichelle. Your words are very encouraging. Just to know others are in the same boat seems to help.

How are you finding WeightWatchers Northern Clipper? I have started following the TOPS diet but don't belong to a group. I also walk three times a week. I find working full-time and driving my son around to his activities leaves me little time or energy for anything else. Wow a trip to Europe is definately a great incentive! Good Luck I know you can do it. Four kids and you work!?! What a hectic life you must lead!

Dina, are you following any specific diet or exercise plan? With Spring coming on and a large Rubbermaid container full of Spring/Summer clothes that are too tight, I really feel the pressure to get my butt in gear! I have just asked my husband to hide and eat all the leftover Valentine chocolate.

Here's to a successful year for all of us!
Old 02-15-2004, 05:25 PM   #5  

I'm not really following a plan right now. I tried Atkins, but it's just not for me. I've been counting calories. Basically, low fat and low carb. Low carb seems to work the best but for protein I try to limit it to lean/lowfat choices. I've been walking but can't wait for warmer weather as I prefer to exercise outdoors. What about yourself?
Old 02-15-2004, 05:58 PM   #6  

I used to belong to TOPS several years ago and still have my book with the diet plan and exchanges in it. I am using that. I was very successful with it without belonging to the club a few years ago and so think I will stick with what works. I too prefer to exercise outdoors. I love walking and do not mind the rain as I find it very refreshing. The winters are fairly mild where I live so it makes it easier to exercise outdoors year-round. I just find that I eat when I am stressed out and it seems life is always full of stressful events, that's just a fact of life and I need to realize that.

Do you have kids? How much weight have you lost so far or have you just started?
Old 02-15-2004, 10:45 PM   #7  
northernclipper

Hello Sprite and dinamichele
Weight watchers keeps you pretty busy keeping a journal of your daily foods by points.I find that by doing that I have less time to eat and what I do eat is low in points and fat . My kids keep me on the go all the time just getting them here and there. I would like to add the low carb to the mix.
Old 02-16-2004, 09:05 AM   #8  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Sprite, is that you?!? the same Sprite that was on the "Doin' It the Old Fashioned Way"?!? I missed you!!

Please say Hi to us over there! and if you are a different Sprite, well, ahem, I'll just slink over to the corner, totally embarassed!
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 11:40 AM   #9  

Sprite: I have an 11 yr. old daughter and have lost 35 lbs. in 3 years through exercise alone. I realized I would have to adjust my diet in order to lose the last 20 lbs. so that's what I'm doing. Ugh.....those last 10 or 20 are the hardest to lose. I am also a stress-eater. Really an emotional eater, which makes it tough.
Old 02-16-2004, 02:33 PM   #10  
northernclipper

Dinamichele

They say the longer it takes to lose it the longer it stays off. It sounds as if you have worked hard the last three years. I have not been as steady as yourself and the last three years and have only netted me 10lbs. But this Feb my husband got us tickets to Europe for our 25th anniversary and I am going to buckle down and lose the last 20lbs. 171/161/140
Old 02-16-2004, 07:51 PM   #11  

Europe!!! Yippee!! If that isn't motivation I don't know what is.

2 years ago I sold my car and starting walking just about everywhere. It's amazing, I lost 30 lbs. by not driving. I realize this is not feasible for most people. I didn't do it to lose weight, it was just a benefit. I will say that the initial loss has motivated me to lose the rest.
Old 02-17-2004, 09:58 PM   #12  

Just posted a reply and it did not go through! DinaMichelle & Northernclipper, I just realized we weigh the same, I knew we were kindred spirits!

Hi Vermont Mom! Yes it's me. How are you doing? Is that picture of you?

I ate pizza today and a huge dessert at a work function. Sigh....Need to buck up!
Old 02-18-2004, 07:02 AM   #13  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Hel-LO, Sprite!!!!! Again, I missed you, kept calling for you, so glad you're here again!

<-----yes, that's me, at my low last summer of 142; my husband, who took the pic, had me hold my bike at an angle so I would be flexing I had done very well for months; now have gained a few pounds am still in the habit of exercising but not doing well in the disciplined-eating area. I am working on changing that!
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2004, 07:07 AM   #14  
northernclipper

dinamichele you're right about a motivator but, it's still so hard. The last seven days I've followed ww to a t and I haven't lost anything I just stay the same 161. Most of my life a was 135 to140 and that was fine for 5'6" but the last 5 or 6 years I have been sitting at 165 to 175 and thats the lbs I can't get rid of. I have walked 30minutes a day for the last four days even in the freezing cold and wind. I don't know what else to do. When I read you post it reminded me of my best friend who 5 years ago sold her car and lost 45lbs walking every where. Last spring she got and new one and guess what she has now gained 35 of it back. She has joined ww and walks with me but we both find it very hard. Thur. is my weigh-in day and I hope the scale needle goes down. If it doesn't I not helping myself or my challenge buddies.

Vermontmom you look great. I'm in my earlier 40's and could only wish to look half as good. But, if I did you'd see my picture too.

sw171
cw161
gw140

Last edited by northernclipper; 02-18-2004 at 07:15 AM.
Old 02-18-2004, 07:48 AM   #15  

I fell wayyyyy off plan the last few days but I am back on again. We can all do this if we support eachother. I plan on buying a car next month and am afraid I'll gain some weight back so I'm going to amp up my workout some, I have to.

Vermont Mom, you look fabulous!!! good job.