Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2004, 07:31 AM   #1  
GmaTo8

Thumbs down Chit Chat #30

Welcome everyone,

We are a group of ladies who support each other through all of life's ups & downs, not just weight loss.

Won't you join us?

Jana
Old 02-17-2004, 07:51 AM   #2  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

Be sure to go back and read Angie's last post - it's hilarious!!!

Angie - all I can say is: never, ever put paint thinner in "The Reach" area!! Thank goodness you didn't! I bet you were a real cutie with a lime green butt but I think you should have gone on to the doctor's appointment and given the doc something to laugh about, too! Btw - Unchained Melody is a fave of mine, too. It is a real belly-rubber.

Susan - glad you had a nice party with the fam.

Shanna - you may have to get a McJob just to hold you over until something better comes along. How many hours are you spending at school each day? Anyway, I hope your headache is all gone. Thanks for the kudos!!

Cristi - don't work too hard! What colors are you painting? I think you told us, but I'm getting it confused with Angie's house, I think.... or, er, with Angie's BUTT! LOL!!!!

Kayecee - glad you are feeling better.

Marti - in a few years you will look at Jhanai's handwriting and tears will come to your eyes. The same for her with yours! I LOVE finding things that my mom wrote out, like recipes or a greeting card. And please do post the pictures, we all love them!

Kat - please PM me your home address for when we exchange cards, if you want. How're the kids?

My sister is coming over to dye my hair (just the roots) later today. We decided to do each other's hair and save money. I bought one of those small foam paint brushes to apply the dye, which works well.

It's supposed to be close to 50 degrees today, so I'm going to hang out the sheets after they are washed. I love the smell of fresh air on them, don't you? Mount Washmore, here I come!!

Jana
Old 02-17-2004, 12:05 PM   #3  
kitty Momo

Good Morning!!!

WOW, Shanna!!!! Sending some hugs your way!! I know,it is chocolate but just as good as a hug!
What exactly is wrong with your car?? If it is a simple thing maybe a man relative can help.Assuming a female can't.....which I shouldn't. Though if your college has a mechanic shop , that might be a resource?? You need a safe car though.
I have this 98 Corolla, that I am lucky to have taken out extra insurance on becuse I have taken it into the shop twice in the last 6 months. No way could afforded the full price of repair.
Come visit me anytime!! Certainly have an extra bedroom with all the girls moving out...lol. Actually the second bedroom is going to be Gabrielle's as soon as I start fixing it up.
I live close to 23rd, the shopping mecca spot of Portland....lol.Really great shops and a Starbucks on every corner!!
Feel better though, and thinking it ok to write a novel here anytime you want!!

Thanks SO much on well wishes for Gaby. We had a nice day yesterday and the whole weekend overall was a blast! Spent waaaaaaay too much $$ though.Now need to tighten up to make it til the end of the month, oh well......had fun.

So, is it moving day or painting day for Cristi??? I thought she was moving on the 17th?? lol HAPPY TUESDAY CRISTI!!! There, that covers everything.

Marti- I was going to ask who Tom was.....lol Was going to say why are you letting him decide what days you are going to weigh...lol anyway, thanks for the explanation.

I am taking Gab to my mothers , so can't talk long. Had 2 eggs for breakfast and look for a tuna salad for lunch, don't know about dinner. Going to walk the 3 mile loop in between rain drops.

Hi to you all you Jaded Ladies

Susan
Old 02-17-2004, 01:22 PM   #4  

Height: 5'1"

Unhappy Don't procrastinate!!

Morning ladies--

Let me tell you, Procrastination will hit you in the butt!! I've been on the phone trying to get a court date to finalize my divorce...and nothing will be available for 20-30 days!! That's running right into the date that James & I want to get married!! I am so close to tears it's not funny. It's not a problem to find another "date" to get married, it's just that we wanted to share my grandparents anniversary and now I'm afraid it may not happen. I am so upset that I couldn't get things done sooner.....(don't ask the reasons why we didn't there are none!!)

So--if you HAVE TO OR NEED to get something done,,, don't put it off GET IT DONE!!

Ok....I'm going to go and cry for awhile. I will be back when I've calmed down a little.
Old 02-17-2004, 01:46 PM   #5  
self portrait

Default Misery loves company!!!!!!!

Boy, thanks for all the hugs sent my way. I have been reading some of the posts since I wrote and a lot of you are going through some trying days. Nice to know I am not alone.

To all who asked about my car, the check engine light came on. The airbag light has been on for about five months, but it cost 430 dollars just for the part and I figured that I used to drive a car without airbags back before they were the norm in cars and I would jjst wait until I had the money. Now this, which could just be the same thing that is wrong with the airbag light, a miscommunication with the computer. Hate computers!!! I could take it to the college or some place similiar, but it is a 2000 turbo diesel VW bug car and last time I was trying to check the airbag light, I was told that only the dealership has the technology to look up the problem. I wish I would have know that before I spent the 80.00 to have it looked at some where else. My dad told me that a car store we have here " Knechts" will hook the car computer up for free and tell you what is wrong possibly. I just hope with my new fangled car they can. Until then I am driving around praying my car doesn't explode or something. I have to drive up for my monthly Portland trip and I am really worried.

Jana: I unfortunately would have to get two or three Mcdonalds jobs to not go bankrupt, so I am looking for something more substantial. I have already put out three resumes/applications and will be going to Temp agencies if push comes to shove. I need at least 10.00 a hour to just make my unemployment wage which still leaves me four hundred dollars in the hole every month. AAAAGHHHHHHH. Dang Sony to heck for this lay-off. Here I was going along making a good wage working and awesome four on fouroff rotation and weeks away from buying a house and WHAMMO Now I am unemployed, on the verge of bankruptcy, fat and stressed. Oh how quickly things change. Oh how I would love to kick a certain Presidents teeth down his throat and thank him for the wonderful economy fun we are having.

Marti: Oh hon, I am here for you, you know that. I am so sorry that your best laid plans for the date of your wedding are turning awry. I am soo sorry. I hope a miracle happens and you can be happy. But, if it doesn't, try and make the day special anyway, whenever it happens.

Mom2Gaby: We should get together sometime. The three of us. A person alwyas can use a driving buddy and marti is it for me. Hope you have a nice work week though.

Kayecee: Well, well well, If she isn't back and in rare form. You crack me up girl!!!!!!! I am glad to hear you are feeling better and back to the chat room here.

Cristi: thanks for the good vibes and good luck on the house stuff. I envy you soooo much you don;t even know.

Well, I have to go be sad some more, just can't seem to get out of the funk I am in. Maybe a day with Marti will cheer me up .

To all other ladies I left out, thanks for being in here to lend a sense of not being alone and hope your week goes great.
Old 02-17-2004, 04:20 PM   #6  
kitty Momo

,There Marti,giving you some hugs via chocolate!!
Something better will happen, believe that because it's true.You and James will have a lovely wedding,regardless of the date. Have a good cry and I hope you can find peace of mind about the whole thing.

So, Shanna..........you don't wanna work at McDonalds eh?? lol I KNOW you meant well Jana but I wouldn't work there either.Maybe at a fitness place? 24 hour fitness is open, duh......24 hours, could fit in work somewhere in your schedule.The employment board at school?? Babysitting at night, that way the child is a sleep....lol Maybe see a counselor that might have better ideas??
An answer IS out there, just have to tap into those resources.

I know.I know, I will harp on that. I just went through a rough go after Gab was born.Didn't have a job with 3 kids,I did get 600ish in child support for the older ones. I tapped into a housing agency that helped with my rent and energy assistance that helped with my electric bill.....food banks that helped with food....diaper banks that helped with diapers...lol
Thank you God for getting us through that time!!!

There is always an answer

So, anyway......hugs to you both

I am eating my tuna salad just dropping in to say hello.

Walked the 3 mile loop!! Took me an hour, thinking I can cut that time down??

Oh ,liked this quote "Never trade what you want at the moment for what you want most".........cause I really want some of Gaby's cake.....lol

Oh, ya. Shanna........you can call me Susan

TTYL

Susan
Old 02-17-2004, 04:42 PM   #7  

Hello again--

I'm feeling a little better...but not until I get an actual court date. I'm going to try and get in on the 9th!! Geez...the things we get ourselves into!!

Susan--Thanks for the chocolate hugs!! I really appreciate it!

Shanna--Things will get better. I know that I just got through being a crybaby and all, but the more we think Positively the better it will all be. Things just take time.

Ok...I've got some things I need to do so I will check in later.

Marti
Old 02-17-2004, 05:05 PM   #8  
kitty Momo

Hi Marti. Glad you are feeling better sunny days ahead for you.
We will just cross fingers for a March 9th court date!!

Finished 40 oz's of water so far. I did read on a water site that you should spread out your intake for the whole day.Of course don't drink too late, that is an obvious one.

I woke up at 5:30- telephone ringing.Thinking it was Gabrielles father, just a guess.He has been paging, I know, since Friday. What a bother....certainly makes me a firm beliver in having kids with people you actually like......cause you are going to be stuck with them for a while....lol

Ok, Better get busy myself.

Old 02-17-2004, 09:19 PM   #9  
GmaTo8

Hi Ladies,

Cristi - I hope you have made a lot of progress today and are soaking in a tub full of bubbles right about now.

Shanna - I meant that you could take any job at all until you can find one that is better. Whatever it takes to keep some money coming in....

Susan - way to go on the walking and water drinking!

Marti - (((hugs))) to you! Will March 9th be in time for you to marry on the date you wanted? I really really hope so. If not, well, then it just wasn't meant to be.

My sister dyed my hair and it looks pretty good. I did my nails over again while the dye "took", since I messed them totally up yesterday. Now they look good! I'm just gonna be too sexy for my shirt before ya know it, lol.

Later,
Jana
Old 02-17-2004, 09:21 PM   #10  

Default Hey Y'all!

Man! Tough day at work today. The principal called a surprise staff meeting without any warning and I had to stay about an hour and a half late! The short story is: politicians have screwed up the Arkansas school system and we get to do all the paperwork. If they would just shut the $^@% up and leave us alone to teach, we'd all be better off. Thank God for a sweet hubby. I dragged my butt to the store before coming home and got the stuff to make Poppyseed Chicken. (not a good idea if you have to get a drug test in the near future. ) Anyway, I come home late and Tim takes one look at me and announces that we're going to eat at Mi Pueblo's. And you have to keep in mind that he just worked all day yesterday, got home at midnight, slept til 4, got up and worked on the concrete until 3 this afternoon! They have to pull a lot of long hours when the temperature is so cold because the concrete doesn't always want to dry well. So now we're home and he's gone to bed and I'm in the throes of a violent struggle up Mount Washmore!

Angie- You shoulda just dyed your hair green (on both ends) and I doubt he woulda noticed it at all. Or you coulda claimed that you dated a leprechaun and he gave you a hickie on your butt. Then the toilet of all things!

Marti- Ohhh! Sweetie! I'm soooo sorry! Next time you have something you need to hop on and get done, let me know and I'll kick your butt for you. It will all work out. You'll see. I just know that your gonna get it done in time. I agree with Susan- you'll have a fabulous wedding even if you have to change dates. Here's some good vibes for you. You'll be divorced on the 9th!

Jana- How did your hair turn out? And I love laundry that has dried on the line, but we live in farm country, so it usually comes back in gritty and smelling like boll weevil spray.

Kat- Come on over here girl!

Cristi- How's the house? Did you post pictures yet? I gotta go run and check out the photo thread.

Susan- Hope you were able to resist Gabby's cake! I know what you mean about stretching out the old budget until the end of the month. We always seem to have too much month and not enough money here in the winter.

Shanna- Is that all it is? We just got rid of a Dodge truck that had the Check Engine light on for a good year and a half! I asked Tim about it and he said to just keep an eye on three things: 1. oil pressure guage 2. alternator guage 3. temperature guage. As long as these three things don't fall in the red danger zone (or unless one of their lights come on if you don't have guages on a newer model) you SHOULD be fine. (My lawyers have advised me to inform you that I am in no way liable for your following advice from a fat redneck chick sitting at a computer in Arkansas! ) If the light just plain old bugs you, you can take the hot cable off the battery for 2 minutes or so and the computer will clear it off. But that only lasts for a week or two then you have to do it again. Hope that eases your mind. Did you buy your bug new? Why don't you search the web and see if there have been any recalls on your model? Sometimes they're called Technical Service Bulletins.

As for all the other, trust God. Believe me- it definitely works. I'm just glad for you that Sony didn't close a few weeks AFTER you bought the house. Have you read a book by Dave Ramsey called "Financial Peace"? Or "How To Get Out of Debt, Stay Out of Debt, And Live Prosperously" by .... I think... Jerry Mundis. If you haven't, I definitely recommend you run to the library sometime tomorrow and check both out. That last one saved my mind! (I don't always follow the principles, but I am getting better and just being made to realize that for right now, Armageddon isn't here really helped me.) And now, I step off See y'all later!
Old 02-17-2004, 09:28 PM   #11  

Jana- Hey girl! We were posting at the same time. I'm glad your hair turned out well. I've always been afraid to color my own hair because I just know that I'd turn out looking like a skunk on cocaine.
Old 02-17-2004, 09:29 PM   #12  

Hey Marti! I see you too! I can't get you on Messenger.

Last edited by Kayecee; 02-17-2004 at 09:33 PM.
Old 02-17-2004, 11:56 PM   #13  
kitty Momo

Hi Jana & Kayecee

So,you had your nails done Jana,plus the hair?? That must be great what color are the nails?? I usually do my toes but not my fingernails,have dish pan hands and such. I guess I could wear rubber gloves, too lazy I guess....lol

It does feel good to get out and walk. Would love to start running someday...there was an article in People Mag about Drew Barrymoore (??SP)she lost 20lbs running,looks good......though she looked good before.

You are funny Kayecee thanks for the laughs.I hear Arkansas has a great school system? My guy friend offered tonight to pay for Gaby to go with me next month for my trip there,was excited about that.Now I am dragging a 2 year old cross country to meet a man from the internet,my family is going to have a cow.....lol....
I just figure he is my best friend,I am going to be 40 ((!!!!)) and I have never traveled.It is worth the trip, I deserve this....can think of a million ways to spend the money more wisely though, need to get over the guilt.

Anyway,going to pick up Gabrielle from my mothers, she took her for the evening, first time she has done that.When I was dropping Gab off my mom said "you look good".Which opened the door to say "Thanks,drinking 62oz`s of water,stopped drinking pepsi,trying to eat better,lost 7 pounds".....blah,blah......lol.....all about me,me,me......but my skin does look nicer, I must say.....ok....enough blarney.

Going to get my baby!!!
Old 02-18-2004, 12:28 AM   #14  

Evening ladies--

Thank you ladies for the hugs and good vibes and all.....it's truly appreciated. Tomorrow I will be calling the courts (again) to try and get it done on the 9th. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I guess I shouldn't have gotten so upset, considering it's not going to be an elaborate wedding, just going to the court house. It was just mainly the date, which is the 24th. Watch, they'll tell me I have to have a waiting period before I can get a marriage license! Woudn't that be a kick in the butt!!

Kayecee--I don't know why you don't see me on the messenger...I've noticed that I don't see you either. What have you done?! Maybe if I try to resend it to you it might work. We've chatted before so I know it works. You absolutely cracked me up about Angie's ordeal!! What an imagination you have!!

Jana--Nails and your hair done?? Wow girl...I need some of that pampering!! It's been years (before Jhanai was born) that I dyed my hair. And all it did was turn all my hair the color of my natural highlights. Which really didn't look good on me. So I've been afraid to try it again. Someday though since my highlights are now gray!!! I'm like Susan...I paint my toes but not my hands....they wear off faster and I'm too lazy to redo them or take it off. I really need to change my ways....

Susan--You are doing fabulous on the water and the walking!! I'm proud of what you're doing. I have been drinking tons of water lately....usually when TOM is near, more water than I'm comfortable with but at least its in!! And I started walking the other day, then the rain came pouring and it's just too wet to be comfy alone in the rain. Now walking with someone in the rain is a different story! Oh... and I had to laugh at your earlier post about TOM....my ex's name is Thom and it just struck me funny what you said....it would be something he would have done...telling me what I could and could not do!

Angie--Girl, I just don't know what to say about your dilemma you had with the green paint thinner!! Oh the stories you could have told him....or heck the look on his face when he saw!! Ok.... I guess I understand why you decided NOT to see the doctor!! (hee-hee)

Cristi--I think I posted before, but I just wanted to say it again...your house is so cute! As soon as I saw it... I was picturing it all lit up in Christmas lights. I'm not sure why though......beautiful house! You lucked out! Good thing you didn't get that last one,,,,this one was meant to be.

Katie & Shanna---hello to you girls. Hope is all well.

Ok...I'm going to tackle some homework, do a little scrapbooking and then head on to bed. I'm a tired one. My emotions (plus this TOM thing) has worn me out. I actually made myself sit down and eat dinner. I was looking in the mirror today and noticed my face looked thinner.....should be good but usually means I'm dehydrated (even though I'm drinking tons of water) but I haven't been eating much at all. It's hard for me. So when I hear women say that time of month gets them craving food,,, I'm like "Really?"

Alright I don't know if any of that made any sense at all, but I'm going to leave it. You all take care.

Marti

Oh Angie--- I remember you saying that you can't get a hang of all the smilies and bolding and such....here is a test for you.....post a little chitchat and let's see what you can do!! Instead of doing quick reply, go to reply to post (as Jana has said) and type away. After you are all done,(well this is what I do) go back and highlight the words you want bolding, colored and anything else. Then PREVIEW it before you submit....make changes as needed. It's much easier than the format they used to have where you had to type it all in!!
Old 02-18-2004, 08:15 AM   #15  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

Kayecee - I don't usually do my own hair, but since my stylist cut my hair so short last time - remember my picture?? - I decided to skip my upcoming appointment with her. But the roots couldn't wait! When I color it at home, I use L'Oreal 6A - Light Ash Brown. The 'ash" part tones down the red. Sorry about all the added paperwork at school. Btw - did you ever see the Sienfeld episode where Elaine had been eating poppyseed muffins and failed her drug test? Then she gets Jerry's mom to tinkle in a cup for her? Hilarious!

Susan - the polish is Revlon's # 120 "Spice", in the quick dry form. The color goes with just about anything you wear. And leave it to me to even mess up a quick-dry version!

Marti - I doubt you are dehydrated with all the H2O you've been drinking - you probably are thinner! My face, boobs and knees are where I can see a loss first. Hope you are feeling better today!

Hi to the others!

I let Katie skip school today. Now, before you go and call the authorities on me, let me say that she hasn't missed at all, except for snow days when everyone was out. And she has been keeping her grades up. But she needs a prom dress, and I refuse to go shopping for that on the weekend with all those teens driving me crazy. I'd much rather have the entire area to ourselves. So, rather than catch **** from the school, I said she isn't feeling well. They allow a "mental health" day, which she never takes, so I feel like it balances out. They also allow family days, but you have to give a week's notice. Why don't they give an Emergency Shopping Day?? tee hee hee

Gotta go get dressed,
Jana
Closed Thread