Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2004, 10:39 PM   #1  
missaprylj

Arrow Monday-Wednesday Chatter

OMG my birthday was awesome.

My sister and 8 of my friends and some family threw me a surprise party, I almost died. It was a VERY VERY sweet sixteen. I could not ask for more.

Old 02-16-2004, 11:03 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

That's wonderful! So. . .when do you get your driver's license?
Old 02-17-2004, 12:22 AM   #3  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Yes, I need to know so I can steer clear of North of Madison, hahahaha, J/K. Glad you had a good birthday!!
Old 02-17-2004, 06:57 AM   #4  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

Sweet Sixteen... that was like a million years ago! I'm so glad you had a good time. I've never been surprised.. always seem to figure things out - but wish I hadn't.

Woke up this morning and it's 21 degrees out - that's almost a heat wave here in Green Bay! - I think the worst of the winter may be behind us!!!
Old 02-17-2004, 09:29 AM   #5  
You can do it!!!!

S/C/G: 294/260/200

Height: 5'3

Didn't the ground hog see his shadow a couple of weeks back???? I think that means 6 more weeks of winter....

I am so ready for SPRING!!!!!

Apryl, I am glad that you had a sweet sixteen birthday suprise!!!!

Last edited by Monkeybabies; 02-17-2004 at 11:07 PM.
Old 02-17-2004, 10:45 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 302/179/170

Height: 5'6"

oooh, i love surprises! what a happy birthday, apryl!

no yoga yesterday. sore, sore muscles. but tonight is my return to the YMCA. we're meeting after work so of course i'm going. we'll see where i'm at on the weight machines, may have to go down 10 lbs from where i'd worked up to.

counting calories again. i can do it!
Old 02-17-2004, 04:48 PM   #7  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Apryl - I am so glad you had a great birthday. I don't think I have ever been suprised either.

Things here are going pretty well. I had an OP day yesterday and today is looking good.

I made it to the Y 3 days last week. And got in 2 days of cardio. Trying for more cardio this week.

Gotta Run!!

Hi to everyone!!
Old 02-17-2004, 09:06 PM   #8  
missaprylj

Thanks ya'll. Go Sandi! Whoohooo @ the Y!

Well if all goes well, I'll get my license the first week of May. (I got my temps in November and you have to wait 6 months)

Old 02-17-2004, 11:05 PM   #9  

Apryl, I'm glad your birthday went so well!!!

Sandi --- way to go on the exercise front!!!

Slimdown ... 21 degree heatwave huh? Amazing what we've gotten used to ... I remember just a few weeks ago getting up and going out to warm up the car then reporting to my husband "gee, it's not too cold out there today" and then being shocked to hear on the radio that it was 9 degrees! (But on that particular day it was straight 9 w/ no windchill -- lol!!)

It's vacation week ... my kids don't have school and I'm still working -- but it's still a "vacation" for me!! Yesterday dh gave me a real treat by dropping my kids at the sitter before leaving for Connecticut, so I actually got to get into work EARLY and I lunch HOUR+ and I walked!!! Then this mornng, I got them to their morning locations (my son is in a 'vacation day camp' for the rest of the week) and was still in work before 8:30. So I was out early enough to pick them up and then take them to my Dad's for dinner. He lives in a retirement community and they think it's cool to eat in "Grampy's Restaurant" and I like it because they serve lots of healthy stuff like grilled fish and steamed veggies in perfect portion sizes!!!

One odd thing ... when I go there w/ my kids, they do get lots of attention cuz you've got to be 55 to live there so there's no kids except those that come to visit. But based on some of the 'grandchildren's events' we've attended there ... I have to say, that lots of people living there have young grandkids. Even those people who don't talk to my kids usually glance their way or smile or tell my Dad they're cute. All except ONE man. This man is a retired pediatrician. He worked in the same practice as my ped and I remember seeing him on occassion when I was a child. I always LOVED seeing this guy, he was so calm and gentle. NOW, he lives in this community, never glances at any kid in the place, and according to people who have had dinner with him, he can be rather nasty to the waitstaff which is mostly high school students. I'm SO disillusioned!!! How can such a great pediatrician turn into such a grumpy old man?!?!

Anyway ... that's MY ramblings for the day.

Last edited by Step; 02-17-2004 at 11:24 PM.
Old 02-17-2004, 11:12 PM   #10  
You can do it!!!!

Smile

3 cheers for Sandi....

Hip, Hip, Horray!
Hip, Hip, Horray!
Hip, hip, Horray!

Last edited by Monkeybabies; 02-17-2004 at 11:17 PM.
Old 02-18-2004, 11:02 AM   #11  

Hi to everyone,

Great work at the Y Sandi. Apryl - happy birthday. Oh, what an exciting time of life for you, driving - yahoooo! You are obviously a very important person to many to have such a wonderful party planned in your honour! Steph, all I can think is that the poor old pediatrician has most likely lost his soul mate, lost his career and lives in a retirement villa wondering what the purpose of his life now is. Awww. Give him an extra smile when you see him, touch him on the arm and remind him of how he brought joy and goodness in to the life of many when he worked as a pediatrician. He is probably crying on the inside, as my Grammy always said "Who ever said these were the golden years sure and **** wasn't old". Those vacation weeks are trying - it is so tough to get childcare organized. Our kids are the most important thing in the world, isn't it too bad there isn't more support for being a parent. Why can't we have vacation week from work or summer vacation?? I guess we could if we were teachers (yes, yes, I know teachers you work during that time and it isn't always a holiday).

Anyway, I am going to exercise. Hope all have a great day!

Cheers,

Jenaya
Old 02-18-2004, 11:19 AM   #12  
You can do it!!!!

Jenaya...your response to the old grumpy pediatrician brought tears to my eyes...I never in a million years would have thought of i that way. Thanks for the twist!!!
Old 02-18-2004, 12:19 PM   #13  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Gina - Thanks!

Jenaya - Wow - you have an amazing heart. What a fabuluos outlook. We need more people like you.

Step - If you take Jenaya's suggestion and deliver kindness to this old man and he is still grumpy or rude, be sure to give him a big old kick in the behind!!!

Had fun swimming at the Y last night. Not sure what let's me romp around at the Y in a bathing suit. I guess I'll do anything for that boy. I don't even wear my coverup anymore, screw it. It's no suprise I'm heavy. It is quite a big suprise when Jacob grabs the front of my suit to keep himself afloat and shows more of the girls than is necessary!!!

Been good about food & water & exercise this week. Certainly hope it shows on the scale on Monday. I haven't been letting myself peek. It has been controlling how well I do based on what I saw. If I am losing, I do good, If I'm not I take the "then why does it matter" approach and don't do well. It really doesn't matter what the scale says. I know this is what is good for me, and I'll check my progress on Monday. The scale doesn't define me, my actions define me.

Hope everyone is having a great day!!
Old 02-18-2004, 01:02 PM   #14  

You know Janaya, I never thought of it that way. I'll have to see what happens next time I run into the pediatrician.

Sandi ... good for you on the swimming. Keep it up but keep those girls covered or you'll NEVER be invited to perform at the Super Bowl -- haha!

I have the unlucky privilige of telling my kiddos that Daddy won't be home tonight as planned. The weather isn't the greatest, a morning meeting got moved to 3:00, so he can't be home before 7pm and then he has a 9am meeting in the morning and would have to leave by 6am to make that meeting. It doesn't make sense to come home, tuck the kids in, sleep and go back. So it is the logical thing to do, but they'll be SO disappointed. He WILL be home early on Friday because of it ... so he's going to give them some sort of 'outing' ... most likely the movies. But, I'll get the brunt of their disappointment tonight. UGHH!!!! You know ... they're dying to see my exercise video ... maybe I'll give them the honor of exercising w/ me tonight?!? Hmmmm ... I wonder.
Old 02-18-2004, 03:58 PM   #15  

Hi all! Happy birthday, Apryl. Glad you had the party you deserved! Way to exercise, Sandi!

Blessings to everyone!

I am on day THREE of Atkins induction. Wow, this is crazy time. Not really have emotional eating cravings - just plain old hunger! My body thinks it is starving when I go low carb. . .but it just lasts a couple of days, as I recall, so surely I can do this! It doesn't help that I'm PMSed!
Closed Thread