Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-17-2004, 05:55 PM   #1  

Default i would like people to chat with sometimes

i would like to have a few buddies to chat with.i don't get online much,but when i do, i would like friends to talk with, who know how i feel.i just started my journey a week ago.i have always been big, and i have a lot of health problems now.so i am going to help myself, before it is too late.i had a child a few years ago,and thats when i became the size i am right now.have been the same weight since.i was already 190 when i got pregnant in "99", and grew to 265 when i had him.still 265 right now, 4 years later.i hardly leave the house,i'm an at home mother.i am just a very sad,lonely person.my son is the best person in the world to me.but i need friends too.i literally haven't had a friend in like 5 years.i live with my sons father, but we aren't married.i feel like i am not good enough for him to marry yet.anyone that would like to talk to me,my yahoo messenger and e-mail is [email protected]. to anyone that wants to talk,thanks!! i really need it.

Last edited by hewysmom; 02-18-2004 at 12:41 PM.
hewysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2004, 08:47 PM   #2  
Head Princess

Hey there! There's lots of us around who would love to talk to you! Stick around and get to know us
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2004, 08:56 PM   #3  

Hi there,

I am a stay at home mom too and I know you need friends! I have 5 kids (13-3yrs), but I get out at least once a week with a friend for girlfriend time. If you don't know anyone....join a book club or cooking class or something to get out and meet people. You will go crazy cooped up in the house all the time. I promise you, the more you get out, the better you will feel about yourself and hey, there aren't kitchens open for snacks on the street corners. If I want to really get ahold of myself, I always plan on spending time away from the house, and therefore the kitchen! I am a grazer and I have to tame that. This is a way I have found that works for me. Good luck to you and keep posting. You will meet friends here too! C-
jillmommyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2004, 12:37 PM   #4  

Wink

thanks you guys!! i don't have any vehicles,the daddy takes that to work all day.i am only able to walk for a certain amount of time, due to problems i ended up with when i had my son.so i don't walk outside, because i am afraid of getting stuck somewhere, because of the pain.it's not that i eat bad foods,most foods make me sick.i always eat fruits, and veggies,usually good stuff.thats not what my problem is,it's cause of the lack of exercise.i want to exercise, but i am not able to do much.so i started walking through the house for like 30 to 60 minutes a day recently.i figured thats better than nothing.i can't do it all at one time, but i do it.the only thing i did that was bad was, i used to drink nothing but soda.i have quit that, and now i drink as much water as i possibly can.i don't like being in the bathroom every 20 minutes but i can handle it. i can't even really get out to make friends.i say hi to everyone i see basically,i try to be as nice as possible,but thats the only people i see.the few i bump into at stores i mean.the computer is my only way out of the house.i am just glad there are other people out there that know how i feel.well anyway,thanks!!
Old 02-22-2004, 08:32 PM   #5  

Keep up the walking. Even in the house, I think it is good. I learned at WW that any work/movement is good.
sunnyday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2004, 09:26 PM   #6  

i try to at least walk for 30 minutes a day.i am not sure if thats helping at all,but i went from no exercise for like 3 years,to exercising at least once a day.i will try to keep up on it,thanks.
Old 02-26-2004, 05:52 PM   #7  

i am new too and would like some friends...ill be around to talk to you hewysmom!
LMG0511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2004, 06:00 PM   #8  

well hello there i get online at least once a day
Old 02-26-2004, 07:12 PM   #9  

me too sounds like the beginning of a wonderful friendship!
LMG0511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 08:37 PM   #10  

Hi! I am new to this site and saw your post. I recently delivered my son and now I want to get serious about losing weight so that I can set a good example for him. I don't want him having a weight problem like I do! Since you can't get out of the house much there are some great walkiing videos "Walk Away the Pounds". The one-mile walk is only 15 minutes if you are pressed for time. A big part of my problem is that I drink alot of soda! Never really new how much damage that could be!!
jlc0926 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 10:02 PM   #11  

i will have to look for that video.i feel the same way you do about my son.he's not heavy,but he's big.he's only 4, and is literally the size of a 6 yr old.i don't want him to end up like me.i want to lose weight not only for health reasons,i am afraid of him being embarrassed by me when he gets older.oh,and as for the soda thing,i was a huge soda freak too,ha ha.i know how that feels.but, i quit cold turkey, and drink nothing but water now.not that it's something you should do.i lost a few pounds right away, and i think it was because of the drinking nothing but water.now i like water,i used to hate it.well anyway,good luck with the soda thing,and thanks for the tip!!
Old 03-08-2004, 10:21 PM   #12  

hewysmom...I never exercised beforw I started two weeks ago and I am doing the Walk Away the Pounds DVD...I started witht the one mile and now I do the two mile...its agreat workout that doesn;t leave you feeling like you just pulled a truck four blocks. I have done it every day for the past week and I am already starting to feel better.

I also have a shild who is bigger. She is the greatest and has the best personality of any kid i know (maybe that'ss just me) She is ten and has actually just gained weight in the past two years. I would also like to show her that she oo can eat healthy and get more exercise. She is very artsy and is not into many sports. But I will keep on trying!

You are doing a great thing by just realizing that you need more exercise and wheather you walk around the house or run a marathon its still exercise.

Dale
Trixi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 11:31 PM   #13  

well kids are great of course.your daughter sounds a lot like me actually.i am still that way,just a tad different now that i am older.anyway,where were you able to find that dvd?i am very curious about it now.i never exercised before until i started like 6 weeks ago.i have a lot of health problems that stop me from doing much.but i am doing it at least.the doctors won't help so i have taken it into my own hands.i would like to check out that dvd,thanks for the message!!
Old 03-09-2004, 02:52 PM   #14  

Default Exercise videos

If you get online and look up leslie sansone's website and click on products, she has a whole line of "walk away the pounds" videos/dvds. They are great.
jlc0926 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 05:45 PM   #15  

hi hewysmom im new too and sound like im in same place as you i cant walk very far because of my illnesses what i do is always take mt mobile and find if i get to the stage i just dont think i can go any further i just sit down somewhere and phone hubby the family or even the guy upsairs come to my rescue!!! it just seems so darn easier to stay safe at home but you soon start climbing the walls and im always online as i cant work due to my disability and always pop on to find out whats happening
always here
linus is offline   Reply With Quote