Old 11-03-2015, 01:55 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 174/171/140

Height: 5'6"

Default 43, Ideal Protein, and a Veg! Hello!

This is my 9th day on Ideal Protein. The first 4-5 days were awful...no chocolate, ice cream, bread or beer! Yuck! I was grumpy with headaches and nausea. I told myself I'd give it 7 days. After about day 6, the bad feelings started to go away.

I lost 3 lbs the first week! Plus 1/2 inch off here and there. Not too bad! (My fiance is also on the program and lost 10.5 lbs!!!).

I've learned that hot sauce is a great staple to help liven up some of the packaged food. It's also good for those of us who are sensitive to salt. I also keep a stash of sugar free mints handy for those times when I want to face plant in a box of donuts (you kinda have to use your imagination...it's not really the same). I LIVE for the daily allotted snack. Usually a "candy bar" after dinner while watching tv. Eat it SLOWLY!

Bloat is an issue. Maybe due to the types of veggies (cabbage, cauliflower, etc.)?? Anyone have the same issue?

The most important thing I've learned so far is to never compare yourself to others. Not everyone will lose 8lbs the first week.

Here's to a successful week everyone!
LillyBeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 03:39 PM   #2  

Hey LillyBeanie

I have been on IP for 6 weeks (almost 7) I found when I overdo protein I blost BUT it def helped me curve hunger in the beginning...your'e only allowed 8 oz (which is a lot to me now) but I found breaking it up through the day takes away hunger. I lose about an avg of 3-4 lbs a week but I still need to lose a lot. So far I'm at 30lbs loss total.

the first week is the worst! nd remind yourself of that feeling when you want to cheat- it has kept me at bay...don't ever want to feel that "hangry" again lol.
Men seem to lose way faster on IP- wish I could get my hubby on board (except the costs!)
Keep up the good work! Its not easy BUT sooo rewarding... loving how I feel right now!
crysogo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 03:53 PM   #3  

30 pounds! WOW! That's terrific! Thanks for the tip on breaking up the protein throughout the day. I had 2oz as a mid morning snack today. 8oz is a lot for one sitting.
Old 11-09-2015, 07:12 PM   #4  

2nd week weigh in. Lost 3.4 pounds!! Yay!!