South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2004, 06:57 AM   #1  

Height: 5'-2"

Default Tuesday Chat

No idea what the date is. No, wait... it's the 17th!

Back soon... must get coffee...
Old 02-17-2004, 06:58 AM   #2  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

morning Ellis...mmmm sounds good except I think I will put on a pot of tea.
Old 02-17-2004, 07:13 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

The kettle is boiling, little chick. What kind of tea would you like? How are you feeling today? at Ellis who already has her coffee, I'm sure.

Hey cold and clear again this morning but I think it's time for me to quit crabbing about the weather and just get on with life. Hersh and I did walk yesterday after we went to the vet. (The vet gave me some ointment for Hersh's balding spot but doesn't know what the heck it is! If it doesn't clear fast, we will do skin scrapings! Not sure what that is but I bet it hurts.)

Would you believe I tidied the other half of my sewingroom yesterday and sent Ellis a picture to prove it? I really am disgusted with myself for having let it get into such chaos. I've been treating it as a bottomless pit and just putting all my "stuff" in there. I'm not sure what part was the worst but the Christmas cards from 2000 and the garden clogs on the ironing board were contenders! Next task will be the closet. There's stuff in there I've not seen for 10 years - fabric, tole painting stuff, half finished projects. I think there's even an unfinished little dress - Size 2 - for Jessica who is 13 now! I'm a failure as a granny!

Not much on the list for today. I found some "antique" chicken breasts in the freezer - not in the sewingroom! - and am going to simmer up a pot of chicken soup. We have two batches of wine that need bottling so a trip to Smiths Falls may be in order. On the other hand, this may be the day Director Heddy decides to come for coffee. Either way, it'll be a good day.

By the way, Miss Lucy is looking gorgeous but is still not in heat. I hope Purple Reign out there in Edmonton is taking cold showers. TMI - sorry!

Hi to everyone I've missed and a big welcome to all the new folks.

Old 02-17-2004, 07:31 AM   #4  
Ready to Change

Morning Ruthie I like plain old red rose tea, which I have to drink with a little milk I can't do black but I can drink it without sugar now. I also like peppermint and green tea with mint. My drink of choice is diet coke, a bad habit I obtained in High School and have been drinking it ever since. Sorry to hear that Lucy is not in heat yet Are you sending her to this stud in Edmonton? Ruthie do not let your unfinished projects bother you I too have many of those.

I am feeling much better today. Enough feeling sorry for myself and time to get back on track. Of course I said that yesterday and then I had an affair with a bag of Hersey Kisses. Did it make me feel better only for a moment. I did howerver put on a pair of pants that 2 months ago I could not wear so that has me feeling pretty good so I think that may just get me back on track. I think I will order myself a bathing suit from sears in the size that I want to be for summer. Is this a crazy idea or what
Old 02-17-2004, 08:03 AM   #5  

Height: 5'-2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthxxx
I think there's even an unfinished little dress - Size 2 - for Jessica who is 13 now!

Ruth, your sewing room looks GREAT!
I hope Hershey's head is okay.

Not crazy at all, Little Chick! Just don't stretch it from trying it on too often.
Have a great day today... put aside your worries.
Is that you in the picture?!?!
Old 02-17-2004, 08:06 AM   #6  

Morning ladies.

It was both a good and bad weekend. First of all, I got a few compliments on having lost a few pounds, which was nice. However, I did drink. A lot! I couldn't help it! I tried to stay OP but then on Sunday when I had a few cocktail weenies, a meatball and a bit of tiramisu. But overall, I considered it not so bad.

And I weighed myself this morning and I came in at 203, down 12 pounds since I started SBD! I can see 199 in the distance! So I'm going to try to be extra diligent, especially since my monthly nightmare is just a few days away.

Also, I had a great date on Valentine's Day with a good friend who wants to sorta become more than that, and it was a perfect evening! So now I'm all giddy!!

Ruth - You're no failure as a granny. I wish my granny did half of that stuff! Little Chick - I don't think that's too crazy. I had this particular tank top that I hung up in the closet as a reminder that I wanted to fit into it (come to think of it, I need to go find it!) and that was nice motivation. Like that girl in the yogurt commercial who hangs up her bikini.
Ellis - Get some coffee! I know I needed some. I kept saying to myself, it's the 17th, doesn't that make it St. Partick's Day? I'm getting a bit ahead of myself. Off for coffee and work.

Have a great morning everyone!

Danielle

Old 02-17-2004, 08:47 AM   #7  

Good Morning Chicks!!! The snow has caused another day off from school for my children.......UGH!!!!! Where, oh where are you Spring???

Ellis, Ruth, LittleChick, Overfedup, all the other chicks on the beach.....I hope you have a wonderful day!!!

LittleChick, I've already done that, lol. It's actually a great motivator!!! But like Ellis said, I dont try it on often!!!
Old 02-17-2004, 08:56 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 175/172/125

Height: 4'9"

Mornin ladies! It's going to be a gorgeous week! The sun is shining and tomorrow it's suppose to get in the upper 50s! Break out the shorts Now if only I can get rid of this cold that I have and get back to exercising

Hope that everyone has a good day!
Old 02-17-2004, 09:18 AM   #9  

good morning everyone!!! feeling great this am hope you all are also. ruth so gled you got through your sewing room, i have a catch all room like that i have to tackle in the near future. it is just so much easier to close the door!!!
oh well i gotta get to work have a great day everyone!!
Old 02-17-2004, 09:24 AM   #10  
Ready to Change

I think I will go look through the Sears catalogue and order a suit. And yes ellis that is me in the picture. Me and my honey. My Dad took that picture last thursday. Well I must go do some dishes and laundry I would love to find the little devils that keep messing up my house.
Old 02-17-2004, 09:33 AM   #11  

Default 'mornin!

Good Morning, Dears!
It is bitter cold here today...it hurt just running to the car this morning.
My lucky children are in Disney World with their dad & grandparents (the overindulgent ones..ahem...)..they just called me and are wearing shorts & loving it! I feel cold & grumpy today and yet I have no reason to be grumpy...just one of those days I guess...you'd think I'd be all relaxed and happy with a little free time while the kids are away.
I did the Tae Bo tape again last night...good workout!
I also cooked myself a lovely dinner of OP stuffed peppers: I simply left out the bread crumbs, but mixed into the 95% lean hamburger, onion LOTS of garlic, 3 eggs (to make them fluffy), and romano cheese with a little red wine...stuffed the mixture into the Italian peppers (the long, light green ones) and topped with Ragu mushroom sauce (OK..some carbs there)...they were out of this world! Brought a couple for lunch today!
I am taking advantage of kid-free time this week and going away this coming weekend...My DBF is taking me to Vermont (where it will no doubt be VERY cold!), and we're staying in a cute, romantic inn & going on a sleigh ride!
Our room has a fireplace in it too! Kinda exciting! So I am looking forward to that this week.
Hope everyone has a nice day..I'll try to de-grump!
Jan
-----------------------------
SW: 163 CW: 149 GW: 138
Old 02-17-2004, 09:35 AM   #12  
Reeling Reverend

Good morning ladies!!

I was sooooo bad this weekend! We had planned our v-day lunch at a place where we could eat. It's a Mongolian BBQ place that serves meat and veggies. We would pass up the rice and tortillas and be ok, right? WRONG! I had 2 tortilla's, CHERRY COKE, and cheesecake for desert! What's WRONG with us? THEN! (As if it could get any worse) We had Subway for dinner. THEN!!!! My mom and I went out to breakfast yesterday and I had pancakes (I'd been craving them like none other...) but then calmed down and am now back OP. I was (and am) so mad at myself! We had been doing SO well, then just threw it down the drain this weekend.

This is the week, though! We were back on last night. Today, we're back on. And here we will stay for two weeks, darn it!!

Other than that, we had a lovely weekend. I woke up to an over the top bouquet on sat. morning because I've quit smoking (It's been almost a month!!!!) DB taped a very dear card to our dog's collar and she hopped up in bed to wake me up. It was wonderful. I then had to run out under the guise of needing to run to the office to stop at Old Navy and pick up some shirts for the boy. How could I have forgotten to get something?! sheesh.

So many other things happened, but I won't bore you. I hope you all had a fantastic weekend, and that your week is even better!!
Old 02-17-2004, 10:04 AM   #13  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

Good Morning Everyone!!!!!

I'm sitting here in a carb induced stupor. Had to drive DS17 to Pop/Rock Concert practice, and pick up (out of the way) a friend of his to take also. AND MY HUBBY ONLY LEFT HALF A CUP OF COFFEE FOR ME THIS MORNING!!!!! So I ate the last piece of pie for breakfast. IT'S ALL HIS FAULT!!!!! (snicker)

Yeesh this week is busier than usual with the kids home!! Tomorrow we are taking 4 of DS13's (almost 14) friends out to lunch at a Chinese buffet to celebrate his birthday. But of course we will have to go out of our way to pick up DS17 from practice on the way to the restaurant.....

Today I have to clean the house (no snickering please Ellis!!), pick up son and friend from practice, take son to guitar store to have guitar fixed, take son to friend's house, cook dinner, have a nervous breakdown, and be set for tomorrow by the time I go to sleep tonight.

HA!!!!

(I need coffee.....)
Old 02-17-2004, 10:07 AM   #14  
Professional dieter

S/C/G: 250/232/130

Height: 5'3"

Don't worry Caity, I had a whole week like that where I put back on 5 lbs. Luckily, I am back on track for the most part and due to exercise have regained my lost ground.
No good news from me today I'm afraid. My DH is an internet security analyst for Provident Bank and he and everyone else in his office was told today that they are being bought by National City. A year and a half out of college my DH finally gets this job, we buy a house, we're just now to the point where we can pay our bills every month, and I'm about to go back to school, and this happens. It makes me so mad I could spit. Every time we almost get ahead of the game, something happens and we get knocked back down. Granted, we don't know for sure if DH will lose his job, but isn't that what normally happens..... And since he hasn't even been there a year yet his severence will suck IF he gets any at all.
Sorry, I just needed to vent.
Old 02-17-2004, 10:25 AM   #15  
Reeling Reverend

Thanks Jennie!

I'm sorry to hear about your husband! That's awful news. I wouldn't start stressing until you know anything for sure. Worrying is praying for something you don't want.

Chin up!!
Closed Thread