Old 10-10-2015, 11:02 PM   #1  

Smile anyone still in school?

Hi everyone, I just joined the site. I'm 20 and in college and have lost 87 lbs so far.. I have about 88 more to go!

was wondering if anyone else is still in school and how they eat healthy especially since there's so much to remember and keep up with ... do you bring any food to school? also did anyone in school notice you lost weight or are losing weight and how do you deal with it?
FrozenDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 12:00 AM   #2  
Restart Date: 1/01/2020

S/C/G: 246.2/TICKER/140

Height: 5'4"

Frozen, congrats on the weight loss! What are you studying?

I'm 31 and I'm back at school getting a second degree in ChemE. I do take food with me to school. I take a yogurt and fruit for breakfast, and salad, nuts, veggies, etc for lunch. I commute, so I go home for dinner (an lunch on some days.) If I do eat on campus, its always a salad, no dressing, no croutons, etc. But I really do try not to eat on campus because its so expensive.

I've not made it to the gym, but advise you to try to make use of one if you have access to one since you are paying for it.

Some people have noticed and I just thank them for the compliment.
leopardspots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 01:25 PM   #3  
waisting away

S/C/G: Too Much/Getting There/Healthy

Height: 5' 8"

Frozen - I have just started taking food to school. That helps with both the weight loss and saving money. Congrats on how much you have lost so far. Keep it up! I am just starting back on this journey. I lost a lot of weight years ago and am somehow back up. I'm not at my highest weight, but I want to nip it in the but before I get there.

Leopard - Congrats on getting another degree in ChemE. I am 27 and back in school. I have a BS in ChemE and MEng in Biomedical Eng. Now I'm back for an MBA. It's odd being older than my classmates...
gatorgirl6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 09:27 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 178/156/150

Height: 5'8

Hi everyone!
I'm in my senior year of undergrad degree. I study plant biochemistry and visual arts.

I'm 21, and my weight has fluctuated for the past 7 or 8 years, but has pretty much been in the 170s for the past year or so.
I'm at 163 now and hope to get to 150. (I'm 5'8).

My biggest struggle during school is getting to the gym. I love going for walks in the woods and practicing pole dancing, but otherwise, I went running once and have yet to go to the gym this semester.
RetroRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 09:55 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 183/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

I'm 21 and just went back to school this semester to study biology. School has given me so much motivation so far. It's gotten me out of the house and away from my problematic relationship. It's helped me make a new friend, and it makes it easier to look into the future with positivity. I hope this feeling never changes, and that I always feel this good about school. I plan to join my college's gym this week. $28/month isn't a bad price for students.

Last edited by McMurphy; 11-08-2015 at 09:56 PM.
McMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 06:28 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 185/ticker/130

Height: 5"6

Smile

Hi all! I'm starting my 2nd year of my undergraduate degree in 2 months, and have decided that rather than waste money (and calories!) at subway, I'm going to start bringing food from home. I'm only at uni 3 days per week next semester, so hopefully I can keep it up! Due to health issues, I couldn't join the uni gym last year (it got so bad that my doctor was worried about me walking around the university), but I'm going to look into joining one this year.
wemakesparksfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 07:03 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 185/ticker/130

Height: 5"6

Smile

Hi all! I'm starting my 2nd year of my undergraduate degree in 2 months, and have decided that rather than waste money (and calories!) at subway, I'm going to start bringing food from home. I'm only at uni 3 days per week next semester, so hopefully I can keep it up! Due to health issues, I couldn't join the uni gym last year (it got so bad that my doctor was worried about me walking around the university), but I'm going to look into joining one this year.
wemakesparksfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 11:49 AM   #8  
Nerd on the Go

S/C/G: 160/159.2/120

Height: 5'3"

My first round of weight loss came in my final year of college. I used my meal plan money on fruit, water, and believe it or not, tv dinners. They just made it easy for me to count my calories. If I ate at the restaurant where I lived, I had eggs for breakfast, salads for dinner. And since I lived on campus, I used the gym for free.
TheLibrarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 12:20 PM   #9  

I'm chipping away at a second degree in visual art. I used to take two buses to get to school, but now walk to the second bus. I find it wakes me up.

I try not to buy food from the caf, since it's so expensive and there aren't good options for vegetarians, but occasionally I'll get a Fresca.
Chickabilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 03:50 PM   #10  
*Embrace Power*

S/C/G: 332/279.8/195

Height: 5'5

I started back to school last May, studying physics, and I have found that I am much more successful by prepping and making sure I have plenty of on plan snacks and meals at my hands no matter what. On days I am running behind and have to buy food on campus, I make it work by getting meals and having them tweaked to meet the daily standards that I follow for Trim Healthy Mama!
Pink Hurricane is offline   Reply With Quote