View Single Post
Old 02-17-2004, 06:50 AM   #11
rochemist
Searching

Default My 2 cents

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarPrincess
First of all, while protein is a focal point, so are veggies. Lots and lots of vegetables. Low carb, when you understand it, is about re-training your body and your mind on how you view food. It breaks dependancies on unhealthy products like refined flour and sugar, which offer no nutritional value at all. It encourages you to eat whole, unprocessed foods.

What I have learned is that we're all looking for a means to an end. From what I've seen from people who are maintaining their weight loss successfully, it all comes down to the same thing. Eat whole foods. Avoid sugar.
Though I probably don't eat "lo-carb" per se I try very hard to eat foods that make me feel good and healhty. Without rice I no longer vomit. Without bread I no longer have indigestion. Without sugar I am no longer tearing my house apart looking for the next fix. Without pasta I no longer feel drugged and sleepy. So more than anything I think we have to do whats best for our bodies, our hearts, and our minds. If that means lo-carb so be it.

I agree with everything Star Princess said.
Miss Chris

Weight Jan 2006- 257 lbs
Current weight-202.8 (5'7 1/2)
Goal weight-155 lbs.