Old 09-14-2015, 02:04 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 214/195/165

Height: 5'4"

Default Veg 20-Somethings

Hi all--
I know there is a vegetarian section under "Food," but it is not very active. I feel like I know more peers who are vegetarian than other age groups, so thought I would throw it out there and see if anyone else around here is vegetarian, vegan, or even interested in some vegetarian meal ideas.

Personally I suppose I am a "Ovo-lacto-pescatarian" - I eat fish and eggs and dairy products, but no meat otherwise. At this point I have no interest in going all vegan, but I do appreciate vegan recipes and cooking- I have family who has lost much weight and gained a much broader knowledge and love of cooking after going vegan.
HaveDogWillDiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 06:44 AM   #2  
Still Chubby

S/C/G: 79.8/72.5/66kg

Height: 172cm

I'm exactly the same flavor of vegetarian! lol
tinneranne2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 07:11 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 182/see ticker/135

Height: 5'9.5

Hey! Proud ovo-lacto-pescatarian here!
cat eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 12:10 AM   #4  
Fighting Dreamer

S/C/G: 200/150/110

Height: 5'3''

Say hi to the vegan! haha
Do you guys think it's easier to lose weight as a vegetarian/vegan?

I had been vegetarian since I was 6, but obviously I wasnt very well educated on what to eat at that point, so I managed to eat my way through pasta and cakes up to 200lbs by the time I graduated high school. Then I went to university, became vegan and lost 50 pounds within half a year. And now I've been stuck for over 2 years. haha
So I guess it wasnt being vegan that changed my weight, but rather my radical change in diet. And the fact that vegan sweets are much harder to come by..
~so long beloved tiramisu~
Jade11235 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 08:56 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 178/156/150

Height: 5'8

I'm mostly vegan, 'mostly' because I recently added local eggs back into my diet. I eat them very rarely and buy them from my professor's husband's farm.

When I lost weight the first time, it was because I went vegetarian. I gained it all back from going vegan though (or, I should say, I gained it back from binging and went vegan around a similar time). So, I guess it can help you lose weight, but you can definitely gain some lbs while eating only plants.
RetroRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 07:48 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 237/see ticker/145

Height: 5'11"

I have the easiest time losing when I'm eating a whole foods vegan diet. With no added sugar.

I was originally ovo-lacto-pesc and I got a little bit of results but not as much when I went completely vegan. And when I cut out dairy and added sugar my chronic congestion improved immensely
EnglishMcTeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 11:46 AM   #7  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Hey guys, I'm not a vegetarian, but I was wondering if any of you had any vegetarian meals bookmarked that are tried and tested? When I finally get my own place and I'm not living with the in-laws, I want to have 2 vegetarian days a week but not sure where to start really.

Just to make it harder, I don't like cheese .
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 10:26 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 223/197/120

Height: 5'5

I'm not a strict vegetarian but eat veg meals 5 days out of the week. I also take fish oil supplements.
I've struggled with protein in the past but I sneak hemp hearts, nuts, and hummus whenever I can.
My issue with my diet at the moment is that I'm not very creative with proteins (I'll eat eggs and tofu but really dislike tempeh) and I tend to turn to sugar/carbs to satisfy cravings. I try to include as many good fats as possible but find it really hard on the go. Please let me know your favourite snacks and protein options!
muguet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 10:06 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 214/195/165

Height: 5'4"

muguet Vegetarian proteins I enjoy: greek yogurt, cheese, eggs
Vegan: nuts, but butters, hummus, beans-so many different kinds, lentils, nut milks, soy milks, tempeh, tofu, seitan, pumpkin seeds, chia seeds, edamame / soy beans, quinoa.
Try pinterest- lots of good vegan and vegetarian recipes.
HaveDogWillDiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 06:27 PM   #10  
improving life!

Height: 5'7"

Most my meals are vegan, but I'm not shy with seafood.

@muguet I put protein powder in my green smoothies to help pump up my protein count on certain days.

Last edited by pinkalarmclock; 02-16-2016 at 06:27 PM.
pinkalarmclock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 12:46 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 205/193.2/135

Height: 5'3"

I've recently made the plunge in November 2015 (right before the holidays, definitely was interesting) - I am now an ovo-lacto vegetarian 95+% percent of the time. I do eat the very occasional piece of fish (maybe 1-2 times per month).

This was really a big deal, because my family is very "meat and potatoes." However, I grew up with horses and over the past year or so, I've become increasingly aware of the epidemic of unwanted horses in the US being shipped to Canada and Mexico for slaughter and the meat being sold to meet international demand. This issue and the anger I felt made me contemplate the difference between the horses I love and cows and other animals that we are so conditioned to consider food.

I logically could find no difference.

Now I'm on to the next step, which for me is figuring out how to eat this way and lose weight. I know it isn't rocket science, but I need to focus on cooking my own healthy meals and not relying on convenience foods.

Good luck to everyone in their journeys.
SweetPeach3388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 01:34 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 225/190/?

I used to be vegan, now I'm pescatarian. I feel my best when I avoid dairy- but cheese is just so yummy!
Missy789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 11:31 AM   #13  
blubberbutt

S/C/G: 250/178/135

Height: 5'3"

I'm a vegan over here o/
I've found it much easier to lose weight this way!
nolimits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 05:00 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 194/157/122

Height: 5'7"

Wannabe-pescatarian overhere!
I eat fish and eggs in my diet, but I do have cravings for beef that I tend to give in to once every couple weeks. I want to be a devoted pescatarian, and eventually (in a few years) I'd love to transition to a vegetarian lifestyle by forgoing the fish and eggs. In the meantime, I'm still trying to become full-time pesca! I will get there soon!!
Emsikins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 02:22 AM   #15  
Still Chubby

S/C/G: 79.8/72.5/66kg

Height: 172cm

Default Transitioning

I recently decided to be vegan at home and vegetarian when I'm out. Committing to being vegan 100% where I live would mean committing to carrying food everywhere I went and I'm just not that dedicated.

I have a Pinterest board of vegan meals (labeled as such) under the same username I use on here. The "life changing vegan cheese sauce" DOES NOT taste like cheese...IMO only cheese tastes like cheese...but it is really tasty on pasta and broccoli, plus it doesn't have any nuts or nutritional yeast so it's easy to make with what is on hand.
tinneranne2 is offline   Reply With Quote