Old 09-22-2015, 04:06 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 183/181.2/145

Height: 5'4"

Default Doing It This Time D*mnit! Fall 2015

Hi all!!! I have decided to try to start up a totally new thread/group here. I have spent some time glancing through other groups and threads, and it is so hard to just jump in there and try to join, meet everyone, etc... So a new group it is! I will start a new thread here weekly.

About me - My name is Linda. I am 49 years old, and I live in TN. I have a 10 year old son, and will likely marry my beau next year. I have lost, regained, relost, and regained the same 40-50 pounds multiple times during my adult life. I am currently totally disgusted with myself - My clothes are tight, and I hate what I see when I look in the mirror. I had hoped to be at my goal weight and health when my 50th birthday rolls around this December, but that obviously isn't going to happen! Even though I am not going to reach THAT particular goal, I can certainly reach some smaller goals by then, and that is what I intend to do! Anyone want to jump in here and join me????

Please introduce yourself, and we will start some discussions and new friendships!Let's do it this time d*mnit!!!
Dougsoldlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 06:27 AM   #2  

OK, so as of this morning I am OFFICIALLY doing this!!! I have my meals and snacks all planned out, and I am planning to take a walk during lunch to get some steps in. I am so excited to know that soon I will be feeling better!!

Who is going to join me?????
Old 09-23-2015, 12:31 PM   #3  
It is what it is...

I'm going to join you !!!

My name is Carri, I'm 41 years old, married with no kids, live in Indiana and work at an insurance company...I have been trying to lose all this extra weight for like 15 years now...SO frustrating ...however last month something clicked ...I started a plan on 8/10 and I haven't cheated once since then ...I am down 19lbs since that date and am REALLY wanting to do it this time ( damn*t lol ) ...and I was looking for a group on here to join again, so perfect timing.

I plan all my meals in a week advance ...dh also eats the same way I do which helps...I'm a diabetic so I follow a lower carb eating plan ...it's really the only well I can lose well...

Today I'm having :

B - half whole wheat english muffin with a sausage patty and slice of cheese
L - ham roll ups ( just lunch meat ) with cottage cheese
S - few wheat crackers and peanut butter
D - pork stir fry

Hope you have a great OP day Dougsoldlady ...
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 12:44 PM   #4  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

DougsOL nice to meet you and I will join you and Satine

I'm 49, married, mother of five one is grown and married, youngest is 11.

Satine I too am diabetic, type 2, nice to meet you also.

My husband just brought my treadmill in the house yesterday and my plan is to jump on it tomorrow, though I may make an effort today since I am now off work tomorrow. Today is also the first day that I have ate like I was supposed to (so far) in a long while. I also want to be at my name goal by my 50th birthday in April. I actually got down to 152.8 on 12/1/14 and then I guess I got to cocky and here I am again. Let's do this ladies.

today's meals

B~ 2 egg omelet with bacon and cheese, grapes
L~ taco meat with taco shred cheese and mango peach salsa, spinach, grapes
S~ popcorn, grapefruit
D~ stir fry chicken with mango peach salsa, green beans
only two 16.9oz bottles of water so far
love2b150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 12:49 PM   #5  
It is what it is...

Welcome Rennie !!!! Look forward to getting to know you ...I know we can all do this !!!

Carri
Old 09-23-2015, 01:00 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 319/238/160

Height: 5' 6"

I will jump in also.

I am 49 yr old. I will be 50 in May and I am determined to be at my goal weight by then, if not before!

I have been married for nearly 26 years (Anniversary in Oct.) I have two "children". My son is 25, married, and has the two most beautiful children I have ever seen! (Spoken like a proud Gma!) Rylan is 4 1/2 and Tayla is 9 weeks. I have 22 yr old daughter. She just got her RN degree and is working at a hospital in the med/surg dept, but also floats to ER and OB. She LOVES the ER! She is also taking classes online to get her BSN. She is engaged and the wedding is set for June 10, 2017.

In July I started the WeightNot program and it has been working for me, even better than I had hoped. For the first time in 20 years I feel like I can reach my goal weight!

Last edited by KateB; 09-23-2015 at 01:01 PM.
KateB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 01:02 PM   #7  
~Rennie

Thanks Carri, I just looked at the before and after pictures of some 3FCers and all I can say is WOW! What a great inspiration. I only hope to look as great as they do. I know it's gonna take work work work

Last edited by love2b150; 09-23-2015 at 01:04 PM.
Old 09-23-2015, 01:04 PM   #8  
~Rennie

Yay Kate, glad you're here
Old 09-24-2015, 07:31 AM   #9  

Oh, I'm so excited!!! IT'S PEOPLE!!!!!!!! Welcome my new friends!!!
Old 09-24-2015, 07:40 AM   #10  

Satine - It looks like you are doing really well on your plan so far! I know that I should try to cut down on carbs (even tho I'm not diabetic). I certainly do better when I eat a higher protein diet. What do you put in your pork stir fry?

Hi Rennie!!! Jump on that treadmill!!! I have one too, but I don't use it nearly as much as I should... You are gonna MAKE that goal by your 50th birthday!!!!

Hi Kate! What is the WeightNot program? Haven't heard of that... You are gonna make your turning-50 goal too!!!

One day down, and starting this day. It's going to be a stressful morning, as I have to go to court over an issue with my ex... Will try to avoid stress eating for lunch... Yesterday I stayed within my calorie limit, but I came up a bit short on my step goal and my sodium intake was too high. (Processed foods...) But I am determined to do better today!!!

I hope everyone has a great day today. Hope to see others jump in and join us because we are gonna KILL this!!!!!!
Old 09-24-2015, 09:25 AM   #11  
~Rennie

DougsOL I hope the day isn't to stressful. Just TRY to think of us here a little and yours (our) goals and no stress eating. We ARE gonna do this together I got on the treadmill yesterday. My book said walk 20 minutes but I did 31 trying to get up to an hour again at a good speed and incline. Great job yesterday I know processed foods and the sodium is a killer, smh. Hope your day goes well

Well I ate properly yesterday even hit the treadmill a day early (said I would start today). I have decided to do the Dukan Diet again. I did it back in August 2011 I recorded my meals on MFP so I went back and wrote then down. I did well on Dukan in the beginning then I think I hit a plateau or I just got bored or like normal for me I just had more off plan days than on plan and quit. Let's hope I can get it all back this time and get this weight off. I had a great whoosh ...

09/23 ~ 176.5 (-0.7) 1.5 miles, 31:19 minutes, 3.5 incline, 2.5-3.0 speed, did a little 3.2 but thighs started to hurt
09/24 ~ 172.8 (-3.4)
Old 09-24-2015, 09:52 AM   #12  
It is what it is...

Morning Ladies …well I had my first “cheat” meal last night since I started on plan August 10th …I was about to go a little crazy and I thought well after 6 weeks on plan I deserved a little treat …dh wanted pizza and that is what I’ve been craving so we got it…I had cheese pizza, thin crust …so not as bad as I could have been, haha …it was good but today I’m bloated and regretting it …I just realized I was being too strict and thought I needed something …plus my body probably needed it to keep it guessing.

So today I’m back doing what I do …I follow a lower carb plan, I usually have between 50-60 carbs per day …which is pretty low but it keeps my blood sugar numbers in check and helps me lose fairly quickly…right now I’m averaging at least 2-3 per week, but I know that will probably slow.

Dougsoldlady – I didn’t end up having it last night ( as you see above ) but tonight I’m going to and I’m using along with the pork strips ( I just cut up a tenderloin ) : mushrooms, baby bok choy, bean sprouts, snow peas and water chest nuts …plus a low sugar teriyaki sauce I found. Good luck at court, hope it goes well for you.

Rennie – I’ve read up about the Dukan Diet before …and I thought about it too. Good job on getting on the treadmill, that’s where I am lacking…I can normally keep my food in check but not much of an exerciser …haha

Hi KateB !!!!!

Hope everyone had a good “OP” day !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-24-2015, 11:07 AM   #13  
~Rennie

Carri, I had 4 slices of pizza on Monday night I think, thin crust with 4 meats and a cinnastick. My son ordered Dominos. It was a great treat but like you said the sodium, oh my. And 6 weeks and no cheat to you I only hope to last that long. I have to get through this day (one day at a time ) I am typically good about the treadmill once I get started and since it's in the house now I have no excuse. What brand is the low sugar teriyaki? Oh and I would love to have you do Dukan with me so let me know if you decide to give it a try

Last edited by love2b150; 09-24-2015 at 11:08 AM.
Old 09-24-2015, 11:22 AM   #14  
It is what it is...

Hi Rennie ...I'm not sure of the brand, I mainly shop at Whole Foods and I'm thinking it might be their brand, which I think is called Whole 365 ...I'll have to look at it tonight ...

Carri
Old 09-24-2015, 11:36 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 319/238/160

Height: 5' 6"

Good Morning!!

Ok after looking this over I realize it go rather lengthy...Sorry!!

Great to see you here Rennie!

Carri I have found over all low carb plans seem to work best for me. I also feel better all the way around on a LC plan.

I had the strangest dream last night. A food dream. More like a food nightmare. I dreamt I was driving my car, with a bottle of hershey's syrup and a cup of soft serve ice cream. I had some how managed to cram the soft serve ice cream into the bottle of hersey's syrup, I then took a big swig out of the bottle. I then thought What the H*((??? This isnt on my diet. I drove around in a panic. Then decided I would drink the whole bottle and them make myself throw it all up. Iny my dream I was COVERED in melted ice cream and hershey's syrup. I woke up before I finished the bottle.

Many years ago in my late teens and early twenties I did some binging and purging, but I havent even thought about it since then. I don't know where this freaky dream came from.

DougsOL I will tell you about WeightNot. It is basically a low carb, low calorie diet. It is also low fat...sort of. They have 2 levels of plans depending on how much weight you have to lose. I am on the faster (albeit more expensive) plan. The program boasts of results "similar to bariatric surgery", 1/2 to 1 pound per day.

There is no grains, dairy, no processed foods, sugar, artifical sweeteners (though you can have Stevia as it is a natural zero calorie sweetener.) You weigh all your portions. You have 3 meals a day, no snacking.

The first week is a "Detox" week. Two days of fasting and drinking their Detox shake twice a day. I am not going to lie....the Detox shake was pretty icky!!

The next five days is small protions and two Detox shakes a day. They can be mixed with unsweetened juice and I used apple juice. Actually by the end of the week I felt like they weren't so bad. I think some of the reason for that was that I wasn't eating any sugar.

The next two days were Lipid loading days. Lots...LOTS of protien, vegetabless, avocados and nuts. Very large servings of protien

Then you move into the THINtesity phase. Which is where I am now. I will be in this Phase until I reach my goal weight. Six days a week mymeals look like this

B- Protien and fruit
L- Protien and Veg
D- Protien, Veg, and Fruit

The 7th day each week is what they call NutriPace

B- Protien
L- Protien, Fat (avocado, olives, nuts)
D- Protien, Fat (avocado, olives, nuts)

Along with this you take supplements. Mainly fish oil, Vit A, E, D lots od B vitamins there are some herbs like tumeric and I believe cinnamon to help liver functions and blood sugar spikes.

Onve you reach goal there is the maintence or THINsured phase. I have not done this yet and haven't looked ahead to see how they recomend eating.

You get weekly calls from a coach. Plus your coach is available by phone or email. If your coach cannot be reached for some reason (this has not happened to me yet) there are other coaches available.

The cost scared the bejeezes out of me. But when I broke it down it wasn't much more per week than I spent on my morning latte and muffin and my lunch from the local fast food joint. While the food that I do buy costs a little more than carby processed stuff, I eat smaller portions so there hasn't really been an increase in my grocery bill.

The other things that helped me justify the cost was the fact that I had seriously looked into bariatric surgery. I had completed all the requirements set by my insurance company and was ready to "set the date". Then hubby was diagnosed with prostate cancer. He had several complication follwing his surgery. Four hospital stays (not counting the one for surgery) three of those in ICU, three blood transfusions and nearly 60 days (though NOT consecutive)in the hospital. The though of an elective surgery, any more time in a hospital, and the fact that our savings was drained, as this took place from Oct through Jan and we had two deductibles and out of pocket caps met back to back, just seemed ridiculous. So I didn't have the WLS. I gained back the 65 pounds I had lost while waiting for the WLS plus another 20. WeightNot offered "results similar to Weight Loss Surgery". I knew what all the pre surgical requirements cost, doctors appointments, time off work, travel, the surgery itself. So even though WeightNot is expensive it was cheaper than going the WLS route. And so far it has worked!!

I know I sound like a damn commercial for the program, maybe because it is working so well for me. I started the program on July7, 2015 weighing 318.8 pounds today is September 24, 2015 I weigh 262.4 I have lost 56.6 pounds in 79 days. I had a week in August that we had a family emergency followed by a funeral and I was away from home and unable to prepare my own meals. I had to guess portion sizes and just make the best choices I could. I had a 3 pound gain during that week, it came off the following week. but I still am averaging a .7 pound loss per day.

If you have any other question I will be happy to answer them!
KateB is offline   Reply With Quote