Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2004, 11:01 AM   #1  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Default What's your cardio??

I plan on hitting the gym 3x a week for weights and building some muscle. But just as important is that I get in 5 or 6 days of cardio. I have been using my favoritre step tape, but am looking for other options.

What cardio do you do?
What's your favorite?
What burns the lbs right off you?
What do you do on days when you have zero energy and are forcing yourslef to workout?
Old 02-16-2004, 11:33 AM   #2  

My start was walking but i will let you know gym wise in a few weeks
Old 02-16-2004, 12:13 PM   #3  

my favorite is the recumbent bike. regular exercise bikes tend to hurt my back. i like to walk, but this time of year i tend to do the bike thing. when it gets warmer i get out and walk. either one really helps. i am starting a bellydancing class and i will let you know about that.
Old 02-16-2004, 12:51 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

I go to an aerobics class at the Y. The fact that the other members always ask where I was when I'm not there is a motivating factor! It's hard to say, well, I just didn't feel like coming.
Old 02-16-2004, 02:50 PM   #5  
You can do it!!!!

S/C/G: 294/260/200

Height: 5'3

Tae Bo really works well for me....I get my butt kicked....literally...LOL

I use the treadmill.....

And when I don't feel like doing much, I just bought walk away the pounds.....it gets my heart rate up and gets me sweating!!!!

I did also buy Lotte Burke's tapes...any one heard of her, and or had success. I guess it is a mix of pilates, yoga, ballet.....makes your muscles long and lean....we will see...
Old 02-16-2004, 07:36 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 302/179/170

Height: 5'6"

my favorite is step aerobics. last time i did that twice in a week, i couldn't walk right for almost 2. my knee hates me.

so i will either use my workout tapes or walk on the treadmill. i like to run on the treadmil, too, but again with the knee.
Old 02-16-2004, 11:05 PM   #7  
Old Cackler

cardio of choice: hiking.

others: walking [outdoors or on the treadmill. if the treadmill, i do an interval program], stationary bike, swimming, the elliptical [when i don't fall off of it]. i never liked gym class and avoid those aerobic classes like the plague!!!
Old 02-17-2004, 12:21 AM   #8  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacobsMommy
What cardio do you do?
What's your favorite?
What burns the lbs right off you?
What do you do on days when you have zero energy and are forcing yourslef to workout?
Walking, supposed to ride the bike, but I hate it & I just can't swim in the winter. So, walking/biking/swimming.
My favorite is walking.
Not sure what burns lbs right off me, other than half an hour of moving my *** EVERY day.
On days I don't want to, I...haven't been. I walked around the mall on Saturday for a few hours, so technically I guess that is exercise, but I didn't count it. And I didn't do anything else either. Blah.

I am not a good questions answerer!
Old 02-17-2004, 02:31 PM   #9  

I love my water aerobics class. It really gets my heart pumping and my body moving! You can work at your level so if you arent as rambunctious one day, you can go a slower pace...but you are still being active and the water feels wonderful!

When there isn't a class, I work out on my treadmill. I have started decreasing my time to 30 min this past week, because I started adding an incline and walking at a faster pace. Hopefully by next week I will be able to do both of those at my normal time of 45 min.

And I love working out on elliptical trainers when I get a chance to!
Old 02-17-2004, 03:34 PM   #10  
Gonna fly now!

S/C/G: 280/280/150

Height: 5'6

I go to Curves every day, and they do have those Cardio stations in between the machines, so I get a little there. I started off walking though, and overall, I've read where it's the best, both with burning calories and it's easiest on the joints.

In recent months I've been jogging at our local state university's jogging balcony -- the extra exertion really makes a difference at the scale, but it is pounding on the knees, though! Ouch! What I normally do is jog a mile, then walk fast another mile or so.

If you walk as fast as you can stand it for an extended period of time, I think it is a great way to get the heart pumping! Plus listen to some great workout music to inspire you ~ like me, personally, i love listening to the soundtracks to the Rocky movies (Gonna fly now. . .flying high now. . .)

You'll find what's best for you . . . just look closely at your life and what seems the most doable right now, you know, something you can establish as a daily or near-daily routine. Best wishes & hugs!!!
Old 02-17-2004, 04:33 PM   #11  

Cardio of choice = walking

I mix it up with other things (aquafit, elliptical, jogging, hiking), but I consistently WALK! I seem to have a really hard time doing the other stuff day in, day out. I have built 1 hour of walking per day into my schedule. We bought near downtown and I walk to and from work everyday. We also walk to the store to do our groceries, and errands....good muscle building carrying the milk home!!

For me, it is just as fast to walk as it is to drive or take the bus to work....plus it is a relaxing way to clear my head at the end of the work day.

Walking into work tends to be a better workout, because I am always late in the morning, so I walk at a lightning pace! LOL
Old 02-17-2004, 07:09 PM   #12  

I LOVE kick boxing. I haven't seen the pounds melting but I (and my husband, the unobservant one!) have seen a huge change in my shape. Amazing what a little kicking and punching can do. I like Tae Bo and also other kick boxing tapes. I also like the elliptical and my treadmill.

Good for you in all that you are doing! The weight training will make a huge difference as you build those metabolism burning muscles. I need to get better at doing that...
My blood pressure is normal from the exercise that I do and it has not always been that way, in fact it was near the medication zone - so I am a believer!! On the days that I don't feel like doing anything, I may park farther away from the store or take the kids for a stroll or I just say "Do it" and do it - it is only an hour out of my life (or thirty minutes if I feel really pooped) and surely I deserve that.
Old 02-17-2004, 11:06 PM   #13  
You can do it!!!!

S/C/G: 294/260/200

Height: 5'3

I love your attitude Jenaya!!!!!
Closed Thread