Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 07-01-2014, 12:49 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 108/105.8/60 kgs

Height: 5 foot 6

Default Green Tea

My brother has just got back from Japan, and has introduced me to premium Sencha (green tea). Apparently it speeds up weight loss by limiting fat absorption by the body.

Have any of you tried green tea, and in your experience has it worked?
sonickel77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 06:02 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 199/189/155

Height: 5'7"

Oh, how I love green tea! I used to drink it a lot more than I do now. I might just go make me a cup.

I love green tea, but not for the weight benefits. To me, it doesn't do anything to my weight. But it is good for you in other ways!
hannahbeanies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 06:34 AM   #3  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Green tea is great but in terms of weight loss, it is more hype than fact. Many people find that green tea helps them curb their appetite. And there was a study a few years ago where participants drank 1 cup of green tea per day for a year and lost an average of 8 lbs (within the year).

I don't think green tea will hurt you but sadly it isn't a weight loss miracle.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 09:33 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 130/122/114

Height: 5'3

I drink 5 cups of green tea everyday and it does seem to help me lose some weight
Deearose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 09:37 AM   #5  
Breathing.

S/C/G: 150/ticker/120

Height: 5'4.5"

First thing I do after I wake up: have 2 cups of Green Tea. The only thing I have noticed over the past year is that it makes me pee a lot
Hoopty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 08:43 PM   #6  
it's always something

I think the study showing 8 pounds a year involved drinking 4 cups daily The study also showed that drinking more did not increase the benefits, and the benefits were only shown with real tea - not green tea extracts (etc).

Sencha tea is delicious! I love the green flavor. However, it doesn't have anything to do with fat absorption. It has the potential to rev up the metabolism just a tiny bit, but not enough to make a difference. However, it can replace other beverages that may contain calories, or satisfy a craving, so in that way it can help you reduce calories and contribute to weight loss. It's also loaded with antioxidants which are important, so it's a good choice all around.

My favorite type of green tea is matcha. It just makes me feel good
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 09:28 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 185/174/169

Height: 5'8

Yes, Green tea is beneficial to weight loss (and is a great anti-oxidant as well)! However - you'd have to drink it all day, every day to see a weight loss benefit.

Much easier to take a couple of capsules of EGCg (the green tea extract) than drinking all those cups of tea! I get mine online from NOW products.
WebWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 04:33 AM   #8  
Lifes a Journey

S/C/G: 195/Ticker/170

Height: 5'5

Green tea makes me bloat for some reason, so I don't really drink it. I enjoy peppermint tea though because it get's rid of gas and bloated stomach!
MiZTaCCen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 09:57 AM   #9  
Jiggle, BE GONE WITH YOU!

S/C/G: 256/185/170

Height: 5'6

I love green tea, so naturally it's a migraine trigger for me

I've read that it does speed up your metabolism and that it's recommended to drink up to 5 cups a day. Enjoy!
dietcokehead98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 12:28 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 181/ticker/115

Height: 5'2"

I love green tea! Quality Chinese greens, both high-grade Japanese sencha and cheaper, grassier ones on side of a meal, quality matcha, just about green tea of reasonable quality.

I do think drinking green tea helps me with weight loss, mainly because it seems to make me feel better and suppress cravings. A serving of fruit and some green tea, now that's a low-calorie snack to my taste!
pigeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 05:55 PM   #11  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

Tried it. Didn't work. It may have stopped me fluctuating as much though at maintenance as it helped flush the water.

Last edited by IanG; 08-29-2015 at 05:55 PM.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote