Old 08-24-2015, 12:31 PM   #1  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Default ~*Haunting for Halloween 2015 Challenge*~

Welcome to Haunting for Halloween Challenge 2015

Welcome to the Haunting for Halloween challenge 2015, it's our 3rd year! For those of you who know me, welcome back, I’m glad you’re here! For those of you who are thinking, “who is this crazy person?” allow me to introduce myself! I’ve been doing these spread sheet challenges for a good few years now and I’ve seen so many amazing people lose weight. Last year I ran this challenge across multiple boards as this is the most popular challenge of the year, so I want to do it again and create a super duper challenge that includes people of all sizes and ages. We’ll all be using the same spread sheet, so it’ll be fun to spur each other on! I've included all the forums that participated last year, but if you think that this challenge should be posted in your favourite sub-forum then please PM me and let me know!

Here’s the aim of the game…lose the most percentage of body weight by Halloween and roll up to your fancy dress party (or your couch with the lights off because you hate kids) and feel sexier than ever. I don’t want to hear any “oh…I won’t be sexy by Halloween” because I’m here to tell you YOU ARE A FREAKIN’ SEXY CANDY PANDA! SHAKE IT LIKE YOU’RE AT A NAKED DANCE PARTY! This is just a way to encourage a healthy bit of competition into your routine.

Let's Keep This Simple! Please Read These Rules!
  • You can join this challenge at any time up until the final week of the challenge!!
  • ~~>Click Here to view the Spreadsheet!<~~
  • Enter your Username, Starting Weight (at the weight you are at NOW), which forum you're joining from (e.g. 20-somethings, 100 lb. club etc) and scroll to the right and enter your Goal Weight.
  • LEAVE THE LBS LOST AND % OF WEIGHT LOSS COLUMNS ALONE! The rest is all filled out automatically by the spread sheet monkeys. Let them do their job, they get plenty of bananas
  • Week by week enter your weight on any day you want between Monday and Sunday.
  • Be sure to have your weekly weigh in on the spreadsheet by Sunday, because I make the charts on Monday. In the spreadsheet when the column is labelled "WK 1 8/31", that means the week BEGINS on the 31st August NOT the particular day you have to weigh in!
  • Check back in to the thread and I'll publish a weekly chart to show who's dominating over us all.
  • If you want to take a break from weighing in then right click the cell for that week and select "Insert Note" (definitely not a "comment" because these won't move with your username if new members join the spreadsheet!) and add your reason for not weighing in.
  • If you don't weigh in for more than 2 weeks without a noted reason you will be moved to Standby. Come to the thread and opt back in if you want to re-enter the challenge.
Optional before and after measurements challenge! Read below:
  • The wonderful nonameslob gave me the idea to include a spreadsheet to chart our measurements from the beginning to the end of the challenge. I've included a tab on the spreadsheet to enter your measurements. Measure yourself at the beginning of the challenge and at the end to see how much you shrink! -->Access this optional sheet here!<--

That's it!* A huge part of this challenge is the community support, so please use this thread to talk to each other and update us on your progress. It’s less about just saying “today I weigh ___” and more about actually communicating with fellow sexy candy panda’s and talking about your life and all its ups and downs. Think of this thread more like a chat thread rather than just a place to post weights.

*FAQ
  • Can I change my Goal Weight once the challenge has begun? ~ Yes!
  • There's a - mark in my cell for a week, but I know what I weighed! Can I change it? ~ Yes! The more information you can put in the better.
  • My weight changed during the week but I already entered my weight, can I change it? ~ OF COURSE! I always like to use my lightest weight of the week and that's perfectly acceptable to change a weight as the week progresses.

Enter your starting weights now and the challenge begins August 31st!!

Last edited by Riestrella; 10-27-2015 at 07:04 PM.
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 12:57 PM   #2  
From Lazy to Light!

S/C/G: 215/Ticker/170

Height: 5'6"

Wooh!! I'm in!! I love how these challenges keep me accountable. At the end of this challenge I'll be starting to shop for wedding dresses so that's an extra incentive to keep working really hard.
LovelyLeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 01:04 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 92/88/60 (Kgs that is)

Height: 1.65

I haven't dressed up for Halloween since I was a kid! Maybe this is a good way to try and get myself to a party, or maybe even have my own
Nanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 01:12 PM   #4  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Yay, so excited! I'm glad you added the optional measurements section. This will be fun, as usual!
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 01:26 PM   #5  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Thanks for the idea, nns!! I've entered my measurements now too .
Old 08-24-2015, 01:48 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 214/195/165

Height: 5'4"

Ok, I'm in!
HaveDogWillDiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 02:13 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'

Thanks for doing this again, Riestrella! I remember kind-of-sorta participating last year and then flaming out. My goal is for this year to be different!

I see that I've added my name to a list of 20-somethings. I remember what it was like to be young
curvynotlumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 12:25 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 205/160s/128

Height: 5'0"

Ok! After being totally MIA from this site in...too long to even think about, I'm not even going to say I'm back - but I'm going to try to make an effort for this challenge as it could be just what I need.

Thanks for reminding me of this Riestrella
rainbowstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 06:47 PM   #9  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Hey guys!

So yesterday I went out and did something really spontaneous, I got a tattoo! I had it planned for a long time, but usually I make more of a big deal about it but I decided the day before to just go out and get it and I did. Trying to figure out if I can exercise with it. It's a quote on my ribs, so I think that doing my usual Insanity or strength training will stretch that skin area and cause problems. I might have to stick to running, but I'm not too sure if that's going to aggravate it either? Hmm, will have to look into it more. Any advice would be helpful!

-------------

curvy - Hey! Welcome, welcome! If you're participating from this forum and will be checking this thread, please let me know and I can change your forum to 20-somethings. It's for charting purposes during the challenge and you're absolutely free to join whichever forum you please regardless of age.

rainbow - Weeeee, so glad to see you back! Welcome, welcome!
Old 08-25-2015, 10:20 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 165/133/125

Height: 5'5

Yay new challenge! I'm in for real for this one as I no longer have any vacations or big life changes coming until Halloween. I'm setting my goal to be 135 to give myself something ambitious to reach for and inspire me. I think I've found a good compromise between eating nutritious foods and eating food I LOVE eating every day so eating healthy seems a lot less of a challenge and I'm allowing myself a 100-200 calorie treat each day as needed as well (my dad loves buying these kit kat bars that always get me tempted). I really love Amy's Southwestern burritos so I've been having one of them for breakfast but one of my big goals is increasing my vegetable intake so I also have a side of asparagus with it as well.

So far the last two days have been pretty great! Yesterday was a pretty lazy day but I ate really well (kit kat bar aside) and did an hour of dancing which was fun. Then today I ate SUPER well with lots of veggies at each meal and did 2 hours of parkour (with a bit of running) which was a lot of fun. I just need to keep it consistent and continue working on adding more walking into my day. It's super important to me to lose weight right now for parkour/American Ninja Warrior, dating and just being happy with who I am reasons so I'm feeling really motivated to finally finish this once and for all. Glad to have the support of this challenge and forum!

Riestrella Ooh a tattoo! I've always wanted one and never have gotten one for some reason. What does your quote say if you don't mind sharing? Hope it doesn't interfere much in your exercise routine!
Zucena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 01:52 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 200+/160.8/135

Height: 5'5.5

Yes! So excited for this and really into the measurement option
Dottington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 06:16 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 92/88/60 (Kgs that is)

Height: 1.65

You are my hero Riestrella. I've wanted to get a tattoo for ages but I'm too much of a chicken . One day....
Nanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 11:07 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riestrella View Post

curvy - Hey! Welcome, welcome! If you're participating from this forum and will be checking this thread, please let me know and I can change your forum to 20-somethings. It's for charting purposes during the challenge and you're absolutely free to join whichever forum you please regardless of age.
Thanks, Riestrella! If you don't mind, please change me over to the Chicks Up for a Challenge thread. I check there most often.
curvynotlumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 11:38 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 214/195/165

Height: 5'4"

I will be in my 20s for about 4 more months, so I am HOLDING TIGHT to the 20 Somethings group as I am TERRIFIED of turning 30!
HaveDogWillDiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 03:51 PM   #15  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

After doing some research I've decided to not do vigorous exercise until the tattoo is completely healed. Kinda sucks, I wasn't really thinking about my fitness routine when I got it, but I don't want to ruin the tattoo. I am allowing myself go on runs since it doesn't stretch that area of skin + I don't really sprint/run I plod along at a casual jog! I'm going to give myself this week off completely and focus on eating well to compensate, but after this week I'll start running and see how it goes.

Starting to slip a little on my food intake/water consumption! Been seeing 166/167 lbs this week which sucks. I've been overeating at dinner and feeling pressured by my BF's parents to finish off food so I'm not wasteful. I'm a stupid people pleaser, so that has to stop. It's not my sole duty to finish off food just because no one else wants to eat it! I also have been eating too many grains, more than my recommended intake, so no wonder there's been a gain. I hope to get my weight down by the end of the week!

Zucena - Do you have a place in American Ninja Warrior or are you training for the auditions? Either way, that's so cool that it's your goal! What an incredible achievement to strive for. My balance is awful, I would fail trying to jump onto the first obstacle!
Here's a pic of my tattoo:

It's from the TV show Lost, I loved it when it first aired (not so much when it ended!) but my friend and I bonded over the show and we both loved Desmond. I figured it was a nod to our friendship as well as having a literal sense since he was like a brother to me and I really do hope to see him in another life

Dott - Glad to see more people signing up to the measurement section! There's some more categories in that sheet if you scroll to the right, not sure if you missed them or not?

Nanu - You should go for it if you have something that you really want! Do you have any ideas? This particular tattoo was very painful, because I chose to get it on my ribs which is notorious as being one of the most painful places to get it done! But there are many areas of the body where it's not that bad, I have one on my lower back that wasn't bad at all. Sure, it's not a pleasant experience, but it's not unbearable. I was a big chicken too, I felt sick walking in! But I knew I wanted it so I just dealt with it.

curvy - No problem! Changed it for you.

HaveDog - Don't let age scare you! You're as old as you feel. I still feel like a kid most of the times.