Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 07-09-2015, 11:20 AM   #1  
Jiggle, BE GONE WITH YOU!

S/C/G: 256/185/170

Height: 5'6

Default Detox

So, I decided to do a detox drink because I was feeling bloated and pretty gross. After doing a lot of research, I chose the "Jillian Michaels Detox Drink".

60oz distilled water
1 dandelion root teabag
2 tablespoons of lemon juice
1 tablespoon of cranberry juice (not cocktail)

I started Sunday. I was done yesterday afternoon. You're supposed to do it for 7 days.

I've gained 2lbs. I'm lethargic, I haven't gone to the bathroom correctly since Sunday (number 2), and I have a constant dull ache in my right side, under my ribs. I've read that it could be the detoxification of my body and that this is "normal" during this process, but I have to tell you, the symptoms to me are not outweighing the benefits.

I drink way more than 60oz of water a day anyway,and now it's all I'm doing to flush all of this out of my system.
With this drink, you still eat your normal way and exercise, but I found that I lacked the same energy I had during my usual workouts. I'm also breaking out.

Has anyone else done a detox with this kind of side effect situation? I'm not talking about a cleanse. Maybe just drinking detox tea?

-A
dietcokehead98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 08:09 AM   #2  
it's always something

That sounds like a terrible experience, I'm sorry to hear you are going through that. I don't know why she's recommending drinking something that could make you feel bad, especially since they don't really 'detox' the body. The ingredients are natural diuretics so they could potentially cause you to drop a couple of pounds of water weight, and that has nothing to do with losing fat or detoxing the body. The body naturally cleanses itself, and our organs - such as our liver - filters out any perceived toxins during the digestive process. Taking a diuretic to pee more frequently doesn't help. We'll pee anyway, let the body do what it needs to do

The only true way to 'detox' is to stop putting things in our mouths that make us feel bad. And it appears that dandelion root could be just that. Do you have allergies? Are you on any medications?

From WebMD
Quote:
Ragweed allergy: Dandelion can cause allergic reactions when taken by mouth or applied to the skin of sensitive people. People who are allergic to ragweed and related plants (daisies, chrysanthemums, marigolds) are likely to be allergic to dandelion. If you have allergies, be sure to check with your healthcare provider before taking dandelion.
PLUS taking dandelion root can cause serious interactions with a long list of medications. Did Jillian post a warning? Probably not, I was unable to find any websites recommending dandelion root that also shared warnings.

Did you stop drinking the mixture? Do you feel any better with it out of your system?
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 09:54 AM   #3  

I did stop drinking it....I actually talked to my mom and it turns out that I'm allergic to dandelion! I had no idea.

I don't blame Jilian Michaels at all-in fact, I've had good experiences with her Shred videos.

I don't think I'll ever try a "detox" again, though. You live and learn.....
Old 08-21-2015, 12:19 PM   #4  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Height: 5'5"

What an awful experience! Honestly, I highly recommend fasting as a way to conquer the bloating and gross feeling you mentioned. No side effects to worry about, except hunger
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 02:18 PM   #5  

It was terrible. I honestly thought I had the flu or something.

Next time I'll either fast or just roll with it. Who knows? Hopefully I just wont feel that way EVER AGAIN!
Old 02-23-2017, 01:59 PM   #6  
Mimito3

S/C/G: 239.8

Height: 5-6

I detox once a year in the spring. I use a brand called Thisilyn. It's not for weightloss, more like spring cleaning.
mimito3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 01:08 AM   #7  

listen to your story i think you should stop drink it
gracekk is offline   Reply With Quote