Old 08-19-2015, 08:46 PM   #1  
Amanda

S/C/G: 272.5/see ticker/172.5

Height: 5'4

Smile What are your non-scale related goals?

Just curious, because I was thinking of how odd and random mine seem to be. For instance, mine include:
  • jogging a mile without stopping to walk or rest
  • buying myself something REALLY nice at Victoria's Secret
  • being able to keep up with an instructor during a workout class
  • seeing my collarbones again
  • being able to fit into roller coaster seats again
  • being able to hike in the woods without wanting to die
  • wearing a short skirt
  • being a healthy-ish weight before I have a baby
  • being a healthy-ish weight when I get married

I think overall, it's not so much about the weight anymore (even though that's a big part of it) as it is that I want to look at myself in the mirror and feel good about myself and the choices I make. How about y'all?
DreadPiratePanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 11:14 PM   #2  
You're my fantasy.

This is a great topic, it let's us focus on other accomplishments we're making along the way.

I'm trying to track every meal every day. I've been good so far for this week, and for me it really makes a difference in how much I eat.

Also, making better choices is making me see this as a way of life, and not just a temporary thing. The more healthy protein I eat, the less junk I want.

A few more:
Feeling in control
Being able to walk further and faster every week
Feeling my clothes get looser

Thanks, good topic!
stillmeadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 12:28 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 255/ticker/185?

Height: 5'6"

Okay, I've got a few:
1. Be able to repaint/remodel the home H & I are moving into without killing myself.
2. Be able to walk 2-3 miles without having to break, like I used to do.
3. Hiking. Miss it! Have quite a few walking trails around here...want to use them!
4. Get off my prescription medications for HBP & diabetes.
5. Be healthy enough to do something really fun for our anniversary in April.
6. Feel more like the age I am, instead of older. It's sad when my mom has more energy than I do & she is 35 yrs. older than I am!!!
7. Ride roller coasters! Love them! Would love to be healthy enough to go back to Disneyland & have a great time.

Thanks for this great topic! Thanks, DreadPiratePanda!!!
MrsTryingAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 09:14 AM   #4  
Amanda

Y'all bring up some great perspectives - medical and daily/weekly goals! So to add to mine, I'd say:
  • to never get type II diabetes like the women in my family
  • to not be on HBP meds like my dad
  • to not be so darn TIRED all the time
  • to eat right for just a few days in a row to show myself I still have reasonable self control!

I like talking about this topic because it brings up all the deeper reasons for wanting to lose weight and getting off the laser focus of just the number, you know?
Old 08-20-2015, 09:27 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 230/150/150

Height: 5'7

Ok, I have a lot of non scale goals, haha.

1. More energy!
2. Slim cut jeans
3. Losing the spare tire from my stomach
4. Strengthen my muscles
5. Drink more water
6. Release more endorphins from exercise

Ok, that's all for now.
LesGetFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 01:53 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 255/ticker/185?

Height: 5'6"

LOVE these goals!

One thing though...be sure to see a doctor. Make sure that you are in okay health. Before I really started my journey (again) I saw my doctor. BOY! Did I get a big surprise!

First I must say that I hadn't been able to afford to go to the doctor for about 6-7 years...big mistake. But I went in for a complete physical. That is when the doctors found a huge cyst in my female organs. When I say huge I mean load of bread huge. No wonder why I felt horribly firm (& not in a good way) in my belly.

I know many women, especially those who are overweight, do not want to see a doctor. They don't want to be told the obvious (lose weight/exercise/eat healthier), but go in. Make sure there is no underlying issues with your health. Who knows it may make you feel better & make it easier to loose the weight.

PLEASE GET A PHYSICAL! Protect what health you have & give yourself a starting point to make your health better. All it takes is a little time & maybe a few samples of blood & such. Thank you!!
MrsTryingAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 02:26 PM   #7  
Amanda

I completely agree! As a nursing student, I get poked and prodded and tested on almost a daily basis (as we practice on each other), and I have to see the doctor at least once a year. So far, so good.
Old 08-20-2015, 02:45 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 257/230.0/156

Height: 5' 8"

1. To be able to wear my wedding ring again comfortably.
2. To wear a size that doesn't start with a 2_.
3. To be able to have the zip to chase my two kids round the yard for a lot longer than I am now.
4. To not have everything hurt like it does when I walk or stand.
5. To teach my kids to not turn to food when stressed.

Last edited by lemonthyme; 08-20-2015 at 02:52 PM.
lemonthyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 06:05 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 299/159/129

Height: 5'1

Love you put this up. I've celebrated a lot of non weight goal here, like getting out of my wheelchair & walking with walker ( BTW-now I've progressed to my cane & not even that around the house. and being able to buy the lowest size they have at Lane Bryant-Catherine's. It's made me take stock-what are my unmet goals& 1st Thanks lemonthyme. I started to add being able to take off my wedding band (just to see if it's not stuck there-OK if it is) and YEAH! It came off. Sooo-What now?

*Buy pants in "regular" stores
* Walk a mile-heck, just to end of street would be nice
* Dance!
* walk out to little league to watch grandsons
*Be smaller than my husband!!!
* be able to properly clean my house
* be able to get my whole garden weeded at once and keep it up!
* be able to stand for an hour giving Reiki ( I have to sit now).

Am I asking too much of the 5o pounds I have left LOL!
FairyGaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 06:29 PM   #10  

FairyGala: Good for you! The ring is always my indicator if I am loosing weight. Usually when I am up in this range it goes on but is not comfortable. If I drop down about 15 lbs I will be back to wearing it. There is no way I want to have it resized larger. Forget it, that admits defeat! Yeah for you in regards to fitting in smaller sizes. Thats always a good feeling. My one after my ring would be shoes that are back to my normal adult size - right now I am a 1/2 size bigger. How about that goal?
Old 08-20-2015, 06:36 PM   #11  

Height: 5 ft 6 in

Fit in the Harry Potter rides at Universal Studios.
Get off Blood Pressure medications.
Not fear having a heart attack every day (my dad died from Heart Disease)
Try for a baby at a healthier weight
Not hate myself (sounds dramatic but it's true)
tongirl02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 08:03 PM   #12  
Amanda

lemonthyme: I have a ring my mom gave me about 5 years ago I love and can't wear comfortably at all anymore. That's a huge goal for me too that I forgot about! And the kids teaching thing is huge too...when/if I have kids, I want to be in a good mind-set by that point and be able to teach them healthy ways instead of some crazy emotional crutch or obsession like I had. And OMG I would kill to be able to wear high heels again.

FairyGaia: Thanks! And HUGE congrats on getting out of the WC and walker and onto the cane (when you need it!). That is absolutely fantastic!!! You're doing awesome!

tongirl02: I love Harry Potter! I would cry if I went now and couldn't fit in the ride. New goal! And not hating yourself is a huge step in all this. To people who haven't struggled with self-loathing, it wouldn't make sense at all. I totally get it, though. I used to hate myself and my body, and took it out on myself by not eating for days and then binge eating until it felt like I would explode. Tbh, I'm 100lb heavier now than when I was doing that, and I finally found peace with myself. I'm not happy with how out of shape I am, but I don't hate myself anymore either. You can do it!!!
Old 08-21-2015, 09:27 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 299/263/150

Height: 5' 4"

I've pondered this for a couple of days and realize I have several, although I wasn't thinking of them in terms of goals. I like that positive spin. In my head they usually sound like "I wish I could..." which is not as positive as working toward a goal, and implies that I cant. I can and I will. A few of mine are:

*Buy clothes that I feel good in. I've gotten better about this, but still don't feel great in what I wear all the time.
*Hike! I have two boys who need to be in the woods. Starting this weekend, we are going hiking. I hope to continue to do more hikes and more difficult trails.
*Participate in a 5K. This is actually going to happen sooner rather than later. My coworkers and I are walking a 5K on Nov 1st. I need to get ready for that. Thankful the weather has started cooling off some.

I know I have many more but I'll start with these.
gagirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 09:28 AM   #14  

I did it last night! I biked for 45 minutes. Now, the plan is to do it most days.

DreadPirate: Isn't it funny the thrill or smile we may get when we think of a pair of heels? I have some I haven't worn as my feet have gotten wider, not sure if that was also pregnancy related and heavy or just heavy and they stayed that way. Keep the goals going!

toni: Sometimes those baby's just come when they do and diets be damned. But, hopefully you are comfortable w/the tools you have in place for good eating when that time happens for you. And love yourself! Do you treat yourself w/something nice for no particular reason? I find the hardest thing to do when I am feeling low is to try smiling at yourself in a mirror. Harder then heck to do but smile away and tell that beautiful face looking back you that you are so worth it!

I want to add a few to my list:

1. to be able to ride the recumbent bike without my belly feeling like I have a pillow there

2. a smaller bra size - nothing is worse than seeing your new cup size look like a hat for a small child

3. I sew, so not having to add inches to the patterns to fit my body correctly and to be able to do it right out of the envelope less adjustments for length.
  1. a. To add to that: and not to waste fabric because I didn't add enough or make a muslin to fit - I don't have time to make the outfit twice.
  2. b. To wear an outfit that I made that shows off what I have rather than conveniently making something less showy and conservative.

4. I know my sister would be rolling her eyes - but the last time I wore a bikini I was 4. I'd like to have a body I could that just once and prove to myself that the work going into weight loss is something to show off, even if just to boost your pride and make you smile and say I did it.
Old 08-21-2015, 09:36 AM   #15  
Restart Date: 1/01/2020

S/C/G: 246.2/TICKER/140

Height: 5'4"

Great thread!

1. To not be at risk for diabetes, HBP like everyone in my family.
2. To be able to comfortably complete a day hike we are planning in December.
3. To have more frequent, better sex with my husband. (My husband still wants it, but I never do at my weight)
4. To wear high heels! Not even sky-high, but maybe 3 inches?
leopardspots is offline   Reply With Quote