Old 08-18-2015, 09:34 AM   #1  
mam1958

S/C/G: 307/267/160

Height: 5'6"

Default Shrinking Violets

Hey everyone,

I am starting this thread in remembrance of a beautiful shrinking violet that has passed away. We are a group of 6 or more ladies that I am hoping will follow me to this site.

Anyone here is welcome to join. WE talk about our lives weight issues and are accountable to each other. We challenge each other with exercise eating or just things to keep the scale going in the right direction.

My name is Mary I need to lose over 100 pounds. I have lost 119 pounds before then regained it all back. I have started again and have recently lost 7 pounds.

This will be a long journey but one I need to do for myself and family.

I hope others will join our club and we can get to know each other and support each.

My biggest obstacle is to be patient with the weight loss. To accept a lose of 1, 2, 1/2 pound or to stay the same.

What is your biggest obstacle???
mam1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 10:01 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 335.8/335.8/150

Height: 5'6''

Hi Mary! I want to join here! I am in a similar boat. At one point I weighed 275 and got down to 193. I then slowly gained it all back plus more. I am back on track now and am down from my all time high of 318. I want to get below 200 again. I am also 5'6''

My biggest obstacles will be to stay patient (I am not a patient person...), to stay motivated, and not to give up!
econ nerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 10:37 AM   #3  
mam1958

Karen,

Welcome to our group.. WE are a great group of ladies that like to have fun.

I too am 5'6". Right now I weigh 296 pounds. I am aiming for 180 but would just love to see onederland.

For now I am really concentrating on eating right. I just had surgery 1 week ago. Dr. says no exercise for 2 weeks then slowly I can walk.

I can't wait to exercise. Funny from someone who hates exercise and would avoid at any cost.

I just know that to lose weight you HAVE to exercise.

I like to do aerobics and lift weights for exercise.

What do you like to do for exercise.

What kind of program are you following?

I am basically following Richard Simmons program (that is what I lost 119 pounds on).

LG (later gator)
Old 08-18-2015, 10:50 AM   #4  
will it ever stick??? lol

S/C/G: 283.6/236.8/155

Height: 5'6

Hi Mary! Hi Karen!
My names Amber im 5'6, highest weight was 300lbs and restarted this time at 283.6 and have gotten down to 241 really just by following weight watchers. I am one who hates to work out but have been trying to do atleast a small amount, Baby steps are better then nothing right? lol

My biggest obstacle is myself!!! I just get out of control with binge eating sometimes and with being lazy with working out.
Amberkkski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 12:47 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 299/263/150

Height: 5' 4"

Hi ladies! This looks like a great group. I have been on the diet roller coaster since my teens and I'm now in my forties. I try to eat a carb conscious diet, though I don't follow any strict low carb plan. My all time high, recently or ever, was 299. I have lost 20 pounds and I really hope I can keep going. Like you, I struggle to accept the small losses as victories. I know I need to exercise and I hope to start doing something soon. As for goals, I've decided to work on 5% at a time weight loss.

My biggest obstacle is my schedule. I work full-time, I'm in grad school, and I'm married with two kids. I have a break in classes for the next two weeks and I hope to use that time to rearrange and set up a space for me to exercise at home. I tend to get up earlier than everyone so I plan to use that as my workout time.
gagirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 01:08 PM   #6  
Amanda

S/C/G: 272.5/see ticker/172.5

Height: 5'4

Hi, guys! I wanna be part of this as well! I'm also part of the Regainers Regaining Control and Relosing thread (feel free to come visit there also).

Okay, general info about me! My name is Amanda, I'm 30 y/o female from Texas, and as of this morning I weigh 256 (total of a whooping 6lb lost lol). Obstacles include feeling tired ALL THE TIME and never wanting to work out. My impulse control related to food choices has gotten mildly better, but not by a whole lot. Biggest weakness being a good, strong strawberry margarita or a big glass of moscato wine.

I'm about to enter my last semester of my LVN nursing program, and I'll be graduating on December 11. Nursing school is...crazy, to say the least. I gained about 20 lbs total, and my primary goal is get back down to 242.

So...hi, guys!
DreadPiratePanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 01:32 PM   #7  
mam1958

Welcome all new members,

Amber, Congrats on losing 42.6 pounds I wouldn't mind following in your baby steps.

Do you know what is causing you to binge? Mine is anything white, carbs sugar etc. I am like an addict looking for my next fix. Uncontrollable. I just have to not have that first bit. Some days I win some I don't. I do know that if I don't have the white stuff I sleep and feel sooooo much better. So why do I do it. The dr. told me if I can not eat sugar and white stuff for 21 days it gets easier. We will see.

Gagire Congrats on losing 20 pounds. 5% sounds very doable. Hope you can find some me time for yourself. Kids and hubby are enough to keep you busy.

Amanda, 6 pounds is a great start. Those 6 pounds will keep adding up and one day it will 40, 50, 60 pounds. Patience is the key. Which you know I have none.

Glad I never got into margarita's. Oh boy would I be in trouble.

A nurse WOW you must be one smart lady. So glad you will be graduating soon..

LG

So happy to see some so many new flowers to join the garden!!!!!!!
Old 08-18-2015, 01:36 PM   #8  

Hi everybody! I'm new here and looking for a bit of a support group. Found this thread and like what I'm seeing here. I'm Glitter, 36, 227 lbs and 5'3" tall. I am low carbing and hoping to lose up to 100 lbs, but really would just love to see the 180's again. So, goal weight 180, ultimate goal weight 127. UGW seems so far fetched to me!
My biggest obstacle is consistency with routine and doing what needs to be done (like exercise!) when I'm exhausted. I work a very active job so physical activity is the least of my worries but I do tend to go off the rails with food and alcohol so if I want to lose weight I have to be careful not to trigger binge eating or drinking.
GlitterandKeto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 01:47 PM   #9  

I honestly couldn't tell you I know its not good but I take TLS thermochrome pills which are pretty much filled with caffeine and when I stop taking them I am so much more hungry so yesterday I forgot my afternoon pill and my will power was strong until about 9pm and then I went out of control. The worst part is I didn't binge on junk food I binged on my "healthier" snacks but its like Im not happy until im so full I feel sick and no matter what I eat it doesn't make me happy I always want something else.

I have to say I am SO proud of myself because when this happens it usually turns into a 1-2 week half out of control half on track binge lol but last night it was contained!
Old 08-18-2015, 02:17 PM   #10  
mam1958

Welcome Glitter,

Slowly but steady wins the race. That is what WW says. Just try to aim for what is comfortable and is attainable with your goal. If it's too hard to maintain then it will more difficult to stay there.

Amber I always say whatever works for you that's all that matters. What works for might not for you. If those pills help you then go for it.

I know that eating protein helps me a lot if I don't have enough protein I feel unsatisfied.

Amber One thing that I have always kept in my schedule is to not eat after supper no matter what. If I am that bad I just go to bed. I do this cause I get horrible acid reflex if I do.

Glad you could contain your binge that is a small step but a good one. Baby steps...

LG
Old 08-18-2015, 03:41 PM   #11  

I used to be the worst late night snacker too Amber, it was a "I want something sweet." then a little while later, "I want something salty or crunchy or savory" and back and forth. Honestly the only thing that curbed it was finding forums with support to log onto and read and post. This is my second time trying to get down the scale and last time I went from 260 to 158. Really, the internet helped me so much. God bless the internet (ha!)
Old 08-18-2015, 09:05 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 294/275/160

Default I'd like to join.

Hi I'm Carol. I already know Mary and would like to know everyone better. I am 55 years old and 275 lbs. I went from 294 down to 200 and gained all but 15 lbs back. I am now trying to get back down. My goal is 160.

My major obstacle is being too hard on myself. If I slip even a little, I beat myself up then turn to food to feel better. It's a vicious cycle.

I have a Coke habit (the beverage not the drug lol). One drink and I am craving it like a junkie. I have to make myself stay away.

Looking forward to taking this journey to health with all of you.
Firewife3041 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 08:43 AM   #13  
mam1958

Hey Carol,

Glad to see one of the old time gardeners here.

WE can do this together. WE all slip and are so hard on ourselves. We all need to learn to forgive ourselves and more on. (me included).

Forgive and Forget...

Your Coke is like my sugars. I feel like a junky. When I stayed away last year for 3 months I felt so much better. My dr. told me if you stay away from sugar for 21 days you will no longer crave it. It is true.

The trick is to not have that first bite or sip. Like I never would have that first cigarette or the first drink (beer).

I actually carried around a pack of cigs for a whole year in my pocketbook for a whole year.

Hope everyone is doing well hope to hear from you all soon.

More of my fellow violets will be joining soon.

LG
Old 08-19-2015, 03:04 PM   #14  

Firewife I like you already with that joke haha! Got me to crack up a bit.
Old 08-19-2015, 03:45 PM   #15  

I giggle snorted at the coke joke too, lol!

How is everyone doing today? I'm freezing, its only in the low 50's here today and I'm not ready for autumn and colder temps. I made iced coffee this morning and that was probably a mistake.

I found a work out partner for MWF evenings, tonight will be our first night getting together at the cardio room at our local community center. Hoping she is going to be consistent!!