Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2004, 05:14 PM   #1  

Default Just getting started

Just getting started on trying to loss weight. February is my starting month.
I have started and stop so many times over the past few years.
Ready to try and not give up. For every time I fall I need to get back up and try again. Just can’t let myself give up.
This month so far made it 9 days eating health. Then binge off and on for 5 days. Today back at it again. Trying, not to give up. Have eaten only one thing today pizza. Instead of eating something healthy. But at lest i didn't binge. 4 recess cups. I even walk yesterday and today. Have a treadmill its about time i use it.
Find the evening is the worse for me. Can start out the day good and blow it in the evenings.
I am 34, married, one son.

Old 02-12-2004, 05:25 PM   #2  
You can do it!!!!

S/C/G: 294/260/200

Height: 5'3

Hey there flower girl...
Welcome!!!! I hope you come here for support when you are in need of it. It can be very difficult to be "good" or on plan all day and blow it all in like 5 minutes, or sometimes even less....I know, because I have

I guess my only suggestion is to try to figure out why you are binging....is it you are feeling deprived all day long....and are starving, so you binge? Is it stress? Are you bored? try to nip it in the bud...before it gets overwhelming.

I find that I can "allow" myself some yummy treats at night (my difficult time) like sugar free chocolate cocoa (home made) or sugar free/fat free fudgicals (OMG...can we say heaven????) I like to snack on foods that are not gonna make me hungry soon, like nuts, cheese, hummus, and pita chips, and roasted chickpeas.

Good Luck with the excercise, my treadmill is finally getting a work out from me after being purchased over a year ago......(but, I JUST HAD TO HAVE IT)...LOL
Old 02-12-2004, 05:30 PM   #3  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

It takes baby steps; you didn't put the weight on overnight, you won't lose it overnight either. You have to 'unlearn' your bad habits that got you to where you are. At least you have taken the first steps.

I'd suggest eating more in the mornings, not that you asked for my opinion. But I try & eat like a king for breakfast, a (can't remember which word goes here) and a pauper for dinner. That way you'll have enough time to burn off your breakfast.

Welcome to the group & good luck!!
Old 02-12-2004, 07:10 PM   #4  

Default February starters........

seems like their are quite a few of us out there. When I was on SB WOE last
summer it worked really well(with exercise 5-6 x wk) but a sedentary, depressing winter(health wise, family is great) brought the weight right back.
I also must dust of the old and get to it. Exercise is key. Gets my sugar levels down(I'm diabetic), gets my weight down and mood up.
So I look forward to future posts.

DonnaD

286/284/170
Old 02-12-2004, 08:20 PM   #5  
Believe

Height: 5'7"

Welcome Flower_storm! One of the great things about this forum is that you're not alone. Each of us have to take it one day at a time and we have to pick ourselves up when we fall so that we can continue on in our quest for a healthy body. So come here often for support and encourangement!
Melissa
Old 02-14-2004, 09:22 AM   #6  
Gonna fly now!

S/C/G: 280/280/150

Height: 5'6

Welcome!!! Another thing that might also help is the "just for today" mode of thinking. Get up in the morning and say, "just for today I will eay healthy and try to exercise, even for just 5 or 10 minutes." And then do it. And then get up the next day and do the same thing. Don't dwell too much on the total amount of weight you want to lose, just focus on accumulating all of those "On Program" days . . that will lead to lasting weight loss! One step, one OP day at a time and you too can get to where you want to be! p.s. Happy Hearts Day!!!
Old 02-14-2004, 02:56 PM   #7  

Welcome ... we've all done the on-again-off-again thing. But I'm finding that I don't need to be "perfect" ... just having more on days than off days makes a difference in my attitude, my energy level and the numbers on the scale. Keep up the good work!!
Closed Thread