Old 08-09-2015, 08:55 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 180/176/155

Height: 5'9"

Default Exercise on Phase 1

Hi Everyone!

Can someone point me in the right direction for a plan for phase 1 with exercise? I saw a few posts on it but I think I need a more "ideal" plan. I work out 5 days a week, 1 hour of cardio and 1 hour of weights. Some days I skip weights and just do cardio. To compensate, would I just add 1 packet after my workout? Thanks!
NOVAScents is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 09:02 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 234 / 146.2 / 138

Height: 5'6 / 38 / office slug

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVAScents View Post
Hi Everyone!

Can someone point me in the right direction for a plan for phase 1 with exercise? I saw a few posts on it but I think I need a more "ideal" plan. I work out 5 days a week, 1 hour of cardio and 1 hour of weights. Some days I skip weights and just do cardio. To compensate, would I just add 1 packet after my workout? Thanks!
Hopefully other will chime in, but from what I understand of IP and P1 calorie intake, that is way too much to sustain with just an extra packet. You would be risking your health. A modified P2, maybe - do you have a coach?
hysteria_625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 11:37 AM   #3  

I was told - no Cardio . If what you are doing makes you breathe heavy, panting, sweating etc. it is highly not recommended.
Blackw1dow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 11:52 AM   #4  
ending 7+ years of yoyo

S/C/G: (body fat) >34.5%/?/<25%

Height: 5' 6", small frame, "obese" body fat

I have something in my files called the IP Athlete Protocol. It is from 2012, so some things have changed (like unlimited veggies), Swede (=Rutabaga) was select, Bell peppers were occasional, my beloved Chayote isn't on the list....

In looking for an updated version, I found this, which is very helpful. Lisa outlines all the differences.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...-protocol.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Here were the differences in regular protocol vs "athletes":
B 1-2 IP protein packs
L: 1 IP protein pack plus one hard boiled egg or 1/3 can tuna. 2 c select veggies
D: same
Snack 1-2 IP protein packs
It was noted to have 1-2 g protein per pound of lean body weight (not total body weight...lean mass is everything minus fat).

The sheet notes this at the bottom:
IMPORTANT - Reduce intensity of training, at this point priority is on conserving existing mass and trimming fat. Post workout (within 45 minutes) - Drink 2 envelopes: Peach Mango, Pineapple Banana, or orange Drink. (I added: choose lowest carb, lowest fat, lowest cal packets. Probably could add here the rasp jelly, lemonade, and the blue/cran granata)

It also notes on the bottom of the page to do cardio in the morning. Never get out of breath, 45 minutes performed 4-5 times Per week.

There is no date on the protocol sheet but I found it in 2011, so it is several years old.
EmmaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 01:28 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaD View Post
I have something in my files called the IP Athlete Protocol. It is from 2012, so some things have changed (like unlimited veggies), Swede (=Rutabaga) was select, Bell peppers were occasional, my beloved Chayote isn't on the list....

In looking for an updated version, I found this, which is very helpful. Lisa outlines all the differences.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...-protocol.html
Thank you!! This is exactly what I'm looking for.
Old 08-09-2015, 01:44 PM   #6  

My coach had a heavy-duty athlete on the program, and she also added one plain baked potato for him.

I exercised a lot during P1, and she offered that option to me, but for me one or two extra packets worked fine and I didn't want to add the potato.
Grateful4Health is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 02:10 PM   #7  
Started IP 6/10/2015

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grateful4Health View Post
My coach had a heavy-duty athlete on the program, and she also added one plain baked potato for him.

I exercised a lot during P1, and she offered that option to me, but for me one or two extra packets worked fine and I didn't want to add the potato.
Grateful - what form of exercise did you do and how much? I really feel like I need to exercise which my coach said is okay as long as it's not cardio so I thought I'd do hand weights. Did you consistently add extra packets or anything else? My coach told me to add an extra packet or an extra protein on days I exercise.
roxysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 10:34 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Weights are good on this protocol as long as you are not pushing high levels, go for more 'strength and endurance' rather than 'power'. Another option for eating while exercising at slightly higher intensity is using Alternative Diabetic P1 or P2. This adds a small serving of fruit, a serving of low fat dairy, and a small serving of starch carb per day -not to be taken at the same meal. Works well for those that need to keep their blood sugars slightly higher and need more carbs to function effectively.
Something to check into with your coach. If they haven't heard of it, they need to get in contact with the head office of IP who can fill them in.
If you are already used to exercise don't quit it entirely but you will need to scale back a bit and listen to your body carefully.

Liana
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 08:14 AM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadjineh View Post
Weights are good on this protocol as long as you are not pushing high levels, go for more 'strength and endurance' rather than 'power'. Another option for eating while exercising at slightly higher intensity is using Alternative Diabetic P1 or P2. This adds a small serving of fruit, a serving of low fat dairy, and a small serving of starch carb per day -not to be taken at the same meal. Works well for those that need to keep their blood sugars slightly higher and need more carbs to function effectively.
Something to check into with your coach. If they haven't heard of it, they need to get in contact with the head office of IP who can fill them in.
If you are already used to exercise don't quit it entirely but you will need to scale back a bit and listen to your body carefully.

Liana
Thanks! I'm back on plan without a coach this time. I did my first WI this morning and wanted to die. PMS + normal weight gain is not my friend. I did two IP packets and I'm doing my cardio day today and will see how it goes. I may switch to Yoga + Pilates instead of my kick boxing and weights classes and then just do regular Phase 1 + an extra packet after the workout if I find it to be too much.