Old 08-06-2015, 04:17 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 194/Ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Default Atkins for my kindle

Hi guys! Long story short, I had tried Atkins years ago and I loved it but one morning I almost fainted and got off it (I think day 6). I'd love to give it another try. I was looking to get the old version for my kindle but could only find the new version. Is it any different than the older one?
SophieCormier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 08:50 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 179/147/125

Height: 5"1'

There are several newer versions-they differ from the original in that they suggest getting at least 12-15 net gram of carbohydrates per day from vegetables. They also have 4 stages: Induction, Ongoing Weight Loss (where you increase your carbs by 5 gram increments per week until you get to next phase), Premaintenance (where you lose the last 5lbs) and Maintenance (where you find the number of carbs you can eat without gaining or losing).

As of this year there is also Atkins 40-where you start at 40 grams of carbs per day and move on through the phases from there (less likely to have "induction flu" symptoms, can eat more variety though loss may be a bit slower)

They find that those who move through all 4 phases/stages are more likely to make it a permanent lifestyle change with less yo yo effect.

Hope this helps!
JSK77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 01:42 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 194/Ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Thanks! I think I'll just go to the thrift store and see if they have the red cover one that I used to have. Original is probably the better option for me. I'm getting married next year and would love to lose a ton of weight before ordering my dress!
SophieCormier is offline   Reply With Quote