Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 07-03-2015, 06:47 PM   #1  
on a journey

Default Ups & Downs Support Group July 2015

Welcome to the thread. :

We are here for you to vent or to simply tell us the good things that are happening to you. New friends or old, it matters not, just join on in.

Let's get this thread moving, friends.

Last edited by Lisa_C; 07-03-2015 at 06:47 PM.
Lisa_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 06:53 PM   #2  
on a journey

Ladies, I got my new job, I'm a Merchandiser and now I have to go through a training program online. I'm nervous. I met my boss yesterday and she's really nice. I think (and hope) she will be a great help to me.

Jennifer is at her Dad's this holiday weakend. I miss her.

It's been pretty rainy here in Ohio but overall pleasant outside.

I hope you all are ok, please check in.
Old 07-06-2015, 05:43 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 350/292/140

Height: 5f 7

well done on the new job hun

its been warm ish and sunny over here in the uk xxxx
topsy81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 11:04 AM   #4  
on a journey

Thank you, topsy!!!!

Well, I go tomorrow for my first assignment on my new job. I'm really nervous. I have to be on my feet for 6 hours and I am not used to that. Please keep me in your thoughts, I have to get through tomorrow. I have to get my body used to being on my feet and doing physical work. It is going to take time but I have to do this, I need to lose some weight and get in better shape.

Have a great day everyone!!!!!
Old 07-09-2015, 06:06 AM   #5  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Lisa- Hi!! and topsy

I again apologize for being absent!! i do think of you all.

Lisa, I hope your first day went well yesterday! and that you are not too sore. I remember the day after, the first day, that I had to be on my feet all day and I felt like I was run over by a train!! you do get used to it eventually but yeah it is an adjustment. Comfy shoes always help, and even switching out a pair of comfy shoes for different comfy shoes during the day. And of course if you can manage to fit in your busy day, some kind of fitness work. I find lots of different types on youtube. Remember, stronger abs help our backs!

Lisa, you will be glad to know, that I have continued to try to keep your words to me true, that I am trying to shine and not be down on myself. it is working, I'm not completely confident but much better!!

Hi to Kathleen, Fi, and the others from our 'old' group
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 09:03 PM   #6  
on a journey

((((((Holly)))))))) We've missed you so much. I am trying to keep the threads moving in hope that you all will come back.

Yesterday was agony, I worked 10.5 hours and I limped out of there. Today, I can hardly walk. What am I going to do? I guess I need to join a gym and work on my back and legs.

I am schedule for another big reset next month, for 8 hours. I've got to strengthen myself up before then.

Please come back Kathleen, Fi, EasySpirit,. turtle and all the others who have posted here. We miss you so much.

Much love to all.
Old 07-09-2015, 09:20 PM   #7  
Biker Chick!

Oh Lisa!! 10.5 hours is SO VERY LONG!!! it MUST have been agony. and you must be so sore today. You've already prob done it but hot bath and ibu will help temporarily, and your body will get used to it, but yeah some light strength training will help you battle!

It is so good of you to keep this thread going!! Kathleen is super proud of you I'm sure, continuing her good work.

so many chicks used to be here! and its been forever since we heard from Li'l Turtle!

now I have to confide in something dumb -

I'm kinda scared of something probably silly-sounding, I'm having a cookout for my husband's birthday and I NEVER invite people over because i"m so ashamed of our tiny, cramped, lower-middle-class-appearing house.

I do have a beautiful lawn and flowers and I can get it it looking picture-perfect, and I will; and will have a canopy with a food table, the picnic table, outdoor chairs cleaned, coolers filled with soft drink s plus a ton of beer; good food and yummy dessert; I just don't want people to scrutinize our paint-peeling garage, also house needs paint, and just second-hand furniture inside, tiny, one bathroom. Tile has holes in the kitchen.

I've been in the houses of people I am invitiing and they are gorgeous I know those people have worked hard for what they have and I'm not jealous of them, just ashamed of what I have. but maybe if I drink enough I won't care

this will be on Sunday afternoon, and I wish I had off that day to prepare completely, but I do have to work, I'll just do as much as can up to that point and 'try' to have a good time without being ashamed . thanks for letting me vent!!
Old 07-10-2015, 01:16 AM   #8  
on a journey

(((((Holly))))) I'm so sorry you can't enjoy your party to the extent that you deserve to. My advice to you is kinda the same as I gave you before. Try to simply enjoy your party. Forget what your garage looks like, it is simply a garage. Forget what your kitchen floor looks like, it's simply a floor. Concentrate on the outside and make it lovely. You will get so many compliments, I'm sure. Be proud of what you do have, not what you don't.

Yeah 10.5 hours was awful. I was feeling it in my feet after 3 hours, can you imagine what I was feeling at 10 1/2???? It was so hard to concentrate on hanging tags in the right place. I kinda wanted to cry.

I hope you all are well. Come back when you can, ole Lisa gets lonely around here. lol

Much love to all.
Old 07-10-2015, 05:56 AM   #9  
Biker Chick!

Jeez now you can't get rid of me

Lisa as usual you advice is right on...I will do my best to enjoy the company and the summer day and the fact that I have some friends to come over. thank you for yet again wise words!!

Do you have today off to recover from the new job?? I hope so. Boy if you were hurting a third of the way in, you knew it would be difficult. But they are lucky to have you

saying Hi before getting ready for work, today I do my regular summer job dessert-making, and kitchen prep; then I promised to help at the other end of town, at my winter job place, the owner's wife had a death in the family and has to leave town, I really do NOT want to spend 4 hours at the awful winter job place but out of respect for the lady, to show my support, i said yes. Besides it's ca$h money at the end of the shift, yeah baby

THANK YOU Lisa for keeping this place going!!
Old 07-10-2015, 08:10 PM   #10  
on a journey

awwwww Thanks, Holly, I just wish our old friends would come back. I keep it going just incase they do.

My knees are not doing so well. My legs feel better but my knees have tendonitis in them. Yes, both knees, I went to the Dr today. She gave me meds to heal the tendonitis and I have to go Monday and get measured for compression socks. My legs are swollen too. I also have to wear some kind of brace around my knees to give them support while I work.

I got weighed today. Not good. bleh

I hope you all are well.
Old 07-12-2015, 10:45 PM   #11  
on a journey

Where oh where is everyone???? Are you coming back?????
Old 07-13-2015, 11:22 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 176/176/140

Height: 5'4

Hi I'm new. I'm looking for a group. I'm Bipolar and the group name appealed to me! Lol!

I've gained 30 pounds from one of my meds and it's just sticking around. Something big has to change. I miss my body. I'm still not used to this puffy body! It really gets me down.

I look forward to getting to know you all.
SheaBdoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 03:43 PM   #13  
on a journey

Hi SheaBdoll, welcome to the board and welcome to the group!!!!! We are so glad to have you here.

Has anyone heard from Kathleen? I'm really worried about her. It's not like her to be gone so long.

Fi, where oh where, are you???? Miss you, hon.

I hope you all are doing ok.
Old 07-30-2015, 05:26 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 173/133/140

Height: 5'2"

Hi Lisa,

I have not been on the site for some time - No good reason; just too busy enjoying summer after the horrible winter we have had.

My family problems seem okay at this time.

I am still trying to lose a few more pounds. I was 202 at my highest, 120 in college and my 20s. I ballooned up in my 30s, then went up and down, staying between 160-190, then finally starting going down. Now I am bouncing between 147-153. I would like to be 140, but I don't see it happening this summer.

I hope everyone is doing okay. I miss reading the posts and, like you, I wonder what is going on and hope everyone is okay.

I would love to hear from Fi, Kathleen, Holly, Lil Turtle and the others.

Take care everyone. If you are lurking, like I did for years, let us know.
EasySpirit is offline   Reply With Quote