Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 02-15-2015, 02:29 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 182/152/126

Height: 5ft 2"

Default insanity.

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has tried insanity. I weigh started at 182b I'm now 152 lb and want to get down to 129lb. I was tinking of doing the insanity workouts but reading the diet there's an awful lot of meals to prepare each day and don't think id have the time for all that.

Has anyone else tried it without the diet and did they lose weight. I plan on eating healthy and limiting carbs to 3 to 4 portions a day. not sure if i could manage with any less.

thanks
(first time to post on this so hope its in the right place)
allyrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 10:54 AM   #2  
11/30/2015

S/C/G: 143/see ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by allyrose View Post
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has tried insanity. I weigh started at 182b I'm now 152 lb and want to get down to 129lb. I was tinking of doing the insanity workouts but reading the diet there's an awful lot of meals to prepare each day and don't think id have the time for all that.

Has anyone else tried it without the diet and did they lose weight. I plan on eating healthy and limiting carbs to 3 to 4 portions a day. not sure if i could manage with any less.

thanks
(first time to post on this so hope its in the right place)
It's a tough program and the dvd's are long (anywhere from 50-65 minutes for each workout)...if you have time to do it each day, it's worth it...I'm hearing really good things about P90x3. 30 minutes for each workout.
Suzali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 01:41 AM   #3  

Insanity is great but a hard workout but I would suggest T25, it works great and is easier. Here is a food routine hat works great: Protein, fruit, and veggie shake once a day. Lunch and Dinner: protein at least 3 oz. of chicken and either eggs or tuna or both, and a large side of veggies. This will help you lose weight.
alk1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 08:37 AM   #4  

I tried it a while back and I found it really difficult. I didn't do any diet though, I just tried to clean up my eating habits.

I would say that you shouldn't be too harsh on yourself if you fail one exercise or day. You'll need to be flexible. I often had to miss an exercise because something came up. Instead of giving up, I just pushed the whole workout back to make up for the day. So it took me a few extra days to complete, but the sense of accomplishment you'll have at the end will be worth pushing yourself through it.
Samberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 12:55 PM   #5  
BlueFlick

S/C/G: 257/255.8/150

Height: 5'10"

I could not do Insanity at all, I own it though, I am a beachbody coach now after trying out PIYO and starting with beachbody on demand .. I LOVE LOVE LOVE TurboFire, the HIIT workouts are amazing
BlueFlick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 03:51 PM   #6  
Reluctant Runner

S/C/G: 255/229/150

Height: 5'7"

I had problems with insanity.

Back when I lost 60lbs, I had a great gym routine going. I looked forward to it every day (literally it was the highlight of my crazy school life) and my day didn't feel complete without a workout.

I was heading into spring break at my lowest weight ever (185) and wanted to kick start my weight loss again to get over a plateau. So I started insanity.

AND IT WAS EFFING HARD.

I mean really, really hard! Keep in mind, I had lost 60lbs at this point and was working out pretty strenuously every single day. The first time I did the fit test I pushed myself so hard I thought I was going to throw up. But I decided to continue on through the rest of the program.

Now, this is where I messed up.

I started to dread working out. Rather than looking forward to the gym every day, I would DREAD having to do insanity. I mean really, really dread. I kept putting it off and putting it off. Even when I felt like working out and going to the gym, I didn't let myself because I didn't want to not do insanity. But then, of course, I'd put off insanity until it was too late in the day and then I'd just not work out at all.

My advice: borrow a copy from a friend and try it. If it's too hard, work your way up to it. I really should have stopped and built up more endurance so that I could start it and have it be more enjoyable instead of so difficult. Oh, and make sure you do it with a heart rate monitor!
VegTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 12:43 AM   #7  

I modify the workouts. There's no way I could do it as hard as the athletes they use in the videos! I still feel like I get a good workout and feel amazing afterwards.
ab88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 08:14 AM   #8  

I agree with a previous poster, I would try T25. I have done these for a while and I like them. Another one I really like, maybe even more than T25 is the 21 day fix.

I do the excersizes, but since I am on WW, I do not do their meal plans.
Becs08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 02:11 PM   #9  
We are worth it!

S/C/G: 252/252/155

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

I have not tried insanity but wanted to try it. I love shaun T 's hip hop abs and rockin body. Maybe I will try the T25.

I also love Chalene Johnson. She does turbo jam, turbo fire and Chalene Extreme.
Kissrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 02:31 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 182/ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

I've had friends who have done it and gotten leaner and very toned. But I've heard it really is insanely heard. These friends who were doing were already college athletes and they thought it was hard...it might be something to try to work yourself up to, or slightly modify the exercises to be easier as you do it. I think it's a great way to get toned, but you already have to be in pretty good shape to be able to do it.

I've also heard that while P90x is hard, it's not quite as hard as insanity, so that might be something to look into as well.
GordonGirl16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 02:55 AM   #11  

T25 would be substitute for Insanity. It's basically a mini Insanity program WITH a modifier, unlike Insanity. I'm a bigger lady..no athletic chick and I can keep up with a mix of doing the proper routine/modify.
ab88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 10:49 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 380/372/130

Height: 5'9

I have Insanity and it is a hard workout, but I like hard workouts because it makes me feel so great about myself. I have one video on my google drive if you want to see how it is. I am a new member so I don't know if I can PM yet.
Damandora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 01:25 PM   #13  

S/C/G: Started Cal Counting on 1/4/16

Height: 5'10"

I know this is an old thread, but I'll put my two cents in, for what it's worth

I used to do Insanity when I was in shape. Yup, the workout is tough, BUT, why work out and keep it "easy" and "simple"?? I don't understand that concept. You want to constantly challenge your body. And when I started Insanity, I modified the moves for a couple of months. Then as my endurance built up, I was able to perform the tougher moves much better.

Don't be afraid of hard workouts. Because that's when you challenge your body and get incredible results, strength and endurance that you thought you could never obtain.
JerseyPAGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 07:04 PM   #14  
Faith. Family. Fitness.

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'2"

I'm a curvy gal, and I own insanity.

HARD. Very hard. Too long for beginners.
highly recommend Insanity MAX 30 or Turbofire.
EmilyLarnder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 04:09 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 175/170/160

Height: 5 ft 7 in

Insanity is a tough workout and also kind of long. I wouldn't recommend it for a beginner unless you're very motivated to get it done. Personally, I thought the meals were easy and quick to do. However, it also depends on how much time you have. Another option would be like what other people have mentioned... Focus T25 for beginners and Insanity MAX 30 for those who are kind of new to working out or are ready for a challenge. Both are great, short workouts!
SweetLifeLisa is offline   Reply With Quote