South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2015, 06:56 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default Tuesday Beach Chat, June 30

Good Morning!

Coffee is on!
Old 06-30-2015, 07:01 AM   #2  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

I'm sitting outside on this lovely day sipping my coffee. It's my early day at work and hopefully I'll get off early, too. I've already called the trash down the stairs spilling part of one bucket which I had to clean up. LOL yesterday, again, there's a super busy day at the restaurant. Was also my day to sort all of my puppies pills out. I realized that I thought I had a week left and I was out of two medications. I managed to get one delivered by overnight express. It will be here today. The other was at Costco and so I decided to drive down and get it. This morning I realized that I picked up the wrong one at Costco and the one I needed won't be ready till today. So I may go down again after work.I did do my Costco shopping while I was there so not a total loss and if I go tonight I will stop at the other health food store and do my shopping there. That could mean that I could stay home tomorrow which is my last day before Kirk returns from Alaska.
Well I won't think about that now. I will just wish you all a wonderful day and enjoy that last cup of coffee.
Old 06-30-2015, 07:06 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning, Debbie!

I didn't get in here yesterday because I was savoring the last moments with my DD and granddaughters before they began their long drive out to Monica's new home in Illinois. I miss them like crazy already, and I hope it won't be too long before we can get out there for a visit.
Old 06-30-2015, 07:35 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Chicks.

Debbie, I hope you get all your "stuff" done today so you can relax before Kirk arrives.

Linda, I know how heavy-hearted you must feel but am sure you will be visiting out there soon.

We have a federal election here in October. Yesterday a friend of the Liberal candidate asked me to show her around the village. I've met the woman who is very personable but don't want my political decisions shown to all, particularly in this Blue riding. I refused and suggested he "show her around" himself. He said he didn't have enough time! (I actually hate election hoopla and it's going to go on all summer until the October voting day. Good thing I don't live in the USA!)

Not sure what the weather will be today, since rain and T-storms are predicted, but it's sunny right now so I'm going to get into my garden duds and do some outside work before I need to go to the Fair Hall. The student helper DID show yesterday but none of the schoolwork got sorted. We couldn't start him officially since he arrived with no Social Insurance Number since he doesn't have one! What were his parents thinking! I'll start him on sorting the schoolwork entries by class, once I get it through his head that class is not the same as grade!

Later this morning I am going into the Mill "archives" to find some old farm implements that the Mill will use for a display at the Fair. I also plan to dig out the lifesize Ayrshire cow that Cheryl and I made for an exhibit in Ottawa many years ago. She will probably need some repair work which will be a change from my usual jobs. Yes, I do have pictures - somewhere.

Nothing else scheduled this afternoon except for the usual end of the quarter tasks which can certainly be put off until next week. I did file the 2014 Corporate Tax return yesterday since today is the deadline for Corporations. Sure is much easier to do it online.

Rain is predicted (again) for Canada Day tomorrow which may put the kibosh on out usual fireworks boat ride on the Big Rideau but fingers are crossed.

First on today's schedule, another coffee while I check out the news online.

Happy Tuesday.
Old 06-30-2015, 08:13 AM   #5  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning!

I didn't realize it had been several days since I logged on here. I've been busy with stuff, including working more than usual; we are short-staffed due to vacations and the store manager leaving. I'm spending lots of time still on my Ecuador photo book, trying to finish by tomorrow to take advantage of a promotion. I'm up to 70 pages already!! It has been a very wet summer here so I haven't had a chance to hike or bike but DH and I are going to try to get one in today before it heats up. Later I'm getting my hair done. There is a whole lot of gray peeking through!

Have a great day, chicks.
Old 06-30-2015, 08:13 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Wow Debbie I cannot believe Kirk is coming home already. I'm sure you missed him a lot. Boy did you keep busy while he was away.

Linda, hugs, hugs, hugs. It will be tough not having DD and the grandkids close by. Hopefully you will see them soon. What part of Illinois did they move to?

Ruth how frustrating! Hopefully the lad gets his paperwork straightened out.

Just got a call from my nephew, the one who's father died in NC. He asked if I would drive him to the funeral home today. My heart broke that I am working. There is so much drama to say the least in his family. I volunteered my DS to take him. I feel horribly putting DS in that spot, but he and his cousin used to be very close. Maybe this will help bridge the gap. Out of all the people he could have asked his mom, who is not my biggest fan lol, suggested me. I was very close to her kids when I was married. I still keep in touch with them through Facebook. Lol or maybe she wanted me to take him in uniforn so her ex inlaws didn't start any trouble.

Time to start prepping food for my work week.

Have a great day!
Old 06-30-2015, 08:56 AM   #7  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

I am a bit tired this morning, we had a crisis at work so I did not get home until 9:30 p.m. last night and am up and at again this morning. At least I am wfh today. Needless to say nothing was accomplished last night, but I did come home to DD2 (who is only 11) putting together the closet organizers we purchased for their room. She is not doing a bad job of it either.

Today just have 2 conference calls so I may take a break from work in the middle of it or knock off early if we are quiet enough.

Debbie I hope you get everything done today so you can enjoy some quiet time tomorrow.

Ruth in the US you have to get a social security card now when your baby is born.

Cottage

Karen hope you get all of your photos done

Jekel it might be good for them to be together and get to know each other again.

Okay off to my 8 a.m. call

Have a great day everyone

Last edited by Pearlrose; 06-30-2015 at 08:57 AM.
Old 06-30-2015, 09:43 AM   #8  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

good morning Yesterday's procedure ended up taking 3 hours instead of 1 and I have a giant bandage and swelling around my eye. That's the long way of saying I can't read much right now. DH took the day off because, apparently, I can't be trusted to take it easy. No idea how he got that idea! The sun is out and I can admire my garden and get a little done, so I'm heading out for a few
Old 06-30-2015, 10:21 AM   #9  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Morning!

Linda, where in IL? Want me to go check on them periodically?

Looks like the rain will hold off at least through the morning, so Mom and I are going to run out to the garden again. We have to completely enclose the cucumbers by stretching out 4 square cages into straight lines around them, and hopefully will get the cukes to vine up the cages rather than conquering the green beans and peppers in the name of Cucumberia. We also have cantaloupe that has started to vine (with 3 baby cantaloupes!) but it hasn't gotten too wild yet. Hoping for minimal standing water this time, although we had flash flooding on Saturday due to the heavy rains we received. This is how we felt after the last ankle-deep visit:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 11709426_10207268534098491_7832494181324127124_n.jpg (14.3 KB, 3 views)
Old 06-30-2015, 11:46 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Too funny Weezie!!

Well DS isnnot going with his cousin. I have to give my ex some credit here. Apparently my ex SIL thought it would be best for me to take him, not to the viewing, but to get a copy of the death certificate. Her ex inlaws have power of attorney and she is worried her kids won't get any money they are entitled to. She figured if I went I coukd get it be of my job!!! My ex told her not to even ask me, so she uses her son. Nothing surprises me anymore, except maybe for me ex doing the right thing. She doesn't make a lot of money and relied on child support so I get why she is worried about his assets. But don't use me especially by putting her son up to it.......rant over back to my salad
Old 06-30-2015, 02:23 PM   #11  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

I took Anna out to the garden today, still a ton of standing water (Anna's tennis shoes are being washed now....) but we got the cucumbers corralled and cages around 2 of the pepper plants. We picked about 16 tomatoes of various sizes, 4 cucumbers, a jalapeno, and 25-30 green beans. Hoping the rain stays away (even though we have good chances all week) and we can run out there this weekend and have more good stuff to pick! This is our first real garden, and we're learning a lot.... maybe next year we'll get 2 plots side by side and have even more, since we know what to do!

Otherwise, might run to the Hyvee to get a couple of things (going to try the Sargento Ultra Thin cheez-it oven recipe) and pick up my jeans that were hemmed because I'm short, and then Anna has a hair cut at 5:15. Have a great rest of the day!

Lisa
Closed Thread