Old 06-24-2015, 02:46 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 126(PM)/116(PM)/100(AM)

Height: 4'11

Question (phase 1) Instead of 2 unrestricted+1 restricted...anyone try 4 unrestricteds?

Hi again. littlelulu here.

This upcoming week (week 3) I will be trying a new method! I'm still on phase 1.

Instead of having 2 unrestricted and 1 restricted IP foods everyday, I will have a total of 4 unrestricted and 0 restricted IP foods.

Has anyone tried this? I was curious about this method and talked it over with my wonderful coach and she said that it was perfectly fine (she likes to do it too!) I even did some calculating on my own, and it seems that the number of net carbs that 2 unrestricted foods contain is usually the same, often times lower, than the number of net carbs in 1 restricted food. For example, the total number of carbs in a RTD chocolate drink plus BBQ soy crisps (both unrestricted) equal to about 11 (if I remember correctly), while the number of carbs in a PB crunch bar (restricted) is 14. The number of calories, though, slightly increase, but not by too much. lol..does that even make sense?

Anyways, I like this idea because it seems like I am eating more food, more often times a day, and getting some extra protein in. As yummy as a lot of the restricted foods are, the unrestricted are great as well!

Let me know what you guys think! If helpful, I can come back and share my experience/results after one week of this method!

Please and thank you!
littlelulu1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 03:12 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 240.2/144/145

Height: 5'5.5"

Hi -- Not quite exactly the same, but I used 4 packets everyday [3 unrestricted and 1 restricted} even once I dipped under 200 lbs. My losses were consistently 10 -12 lbs a month.

You don't have as much weight to lose and are so petite! that your plan might work better for you. I'd try it out - you won't know until you try and if it keeps you on the plan it's a win.
andreabmva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 01:40 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 188/175/145

Height: 5'3"

I have done 4 unrestricted most days and I have been losing fine. My counselor said that is how she lost all her weight as well.
barri1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 01:56 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

I'd take it easy on trying to game the plan... you don't have much to lose, and if you are still feeling like you aren't getting enough food, try using the unlimited veggies for that, because really, that's what you need to learn for maintenance.
Extra protein can be converted to glucose and stored, so loading protein is not the answer. And one week is not an adequate amount of time to judge results from a specific way of eating.
Just concerned that you seem to be a little manic about this, jumping into a tweak already. If you don't like the sweetness of the restricted, then don't eat them, choose something else, but don't try to game it to lose faster. Your body is already efficient at using the food put into it when you are close to goal. YOU WILL LOSE SLOWER than someone with 50 or more pounds to lose. It's scientifically inevitable. It took me 3.5 months to lose 30 lbs without gaming it. Honestly, it's a very short time period in our lives. It takes longer to learn healthy mindful eating for maintenance. Have patience, my friend .

Liana
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 02:29 PM   #5  
Ready to Reboot!

S/C/G: 165.8/161.4/150 (Reboot 2)

Height: 5'3

I don't know. I have never heard of such a thing for someone with so little weight to lose. There are some days I have a restricted item and some days I do not, but I never go over three packets. I guess if your coach is aware of it, and you are successful, then who am I to say not to do it? I agree with Liana in that if your excitement is based on getting to eat more, it doesn't seem like a good mindset for maintenance. I am interested in reading about your results. I hope it all works out well.

Last edited by MiWi; 06-26-2015 at 02:48 PM.
MiWi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 01:18 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 126(PM)/116(PM)/100(AM)

Height: 4'11

Default :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadjineh View Post
I'd take it easy on trying to game the plan... you don't have much to lose, and if you are still feeling like you aren't getting enough food, try using the unlimited veggies for that, because really, that's what you need to learn for maintenance.
Extra protein can be converted to glucose and stored, so loading protein is not the answer. And one week is not an adequate amount of time to judge results from a specific way of eating.
Just concerned that you seem to be a little manic about this, jumping into a tweak already. If you don't like the sweetness of the restricted, then don't eat them, choose something else, but don't try to game it to lose faster. Your body is already efficient at using the food put into it when you are close to goal. YOU WILL LOSE SLOWER than someone with 50 or more pounds to lose. It's scientifically inevitable. It took me 3.5 months to lose 30 lbs without gaming it. Honestly, it's a very short time period in our lives. It takes longer to learn healthy mindful eating for maintenance. Have patience, my friend .

Liana

Thank you for your insight. However, i am definitely not trying this method in order to lose weight more quickly. Although that would be ideal, i am being very realistic, since i know how petite i am already. been there, done that

I am trying this method for the simple reason of trying something new. who knows? it may or may not be successful. but i'm definitely not going into thinking that i'll lose more weight, more quickly.

i'm only on day 2 of this different method. we will see how it goes
littlelulu1212 is offline   Reply With Quote